Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Docker learning Phase-I
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Docker Docker learning Phase-I Post 303028385 by MadeInGermany on Sunday 6th of January 2019 03:17:44 PM
Old 01-06-2019
Yes I scond "Containers". Docker and others to be mentioned in the short description.
Some years ago there was a discussion "Nagios" versus "Infrastructure Monitoring"...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

init phase

Hello, Can somebody explain me the relationship between /sbin and /etc directories ? what is the relationship between them and what are the roles of files such as rcd.1 etc? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saudsos
1 Replies

2. Linux

Docker and pipework,ip with other subnet

Recently i found this for give to docker a "personal" ip ip addr del 10.1.1.133/24 dev eth0 ip link add link eth0 dev eth0m type macvlan mode bridge ip link set eth0m up ip addr add 10.1.1.133/24 dev eth0m route add default gw 10.1.1.1On container i did ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
0 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Prototyping New Responsive Mobile for UNIX.COM - Phase II

Have completed "Phase I" of our project "Prototyping New Responsive Mobile UNIX.COM", I am now moving to "Phase II" which will be changing many of the menus and buttons to use Javascript and CSS for the mobile site menus. For example, here is the new "main side menu" for the mobile site (below).... (63 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
63 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in extracting yocto SDK for docker

Actually I was facing the following issue while building my Yocto SDK on Docker container sudo docker build --tag="akash/eclipse-che:6.5.0-1" --tag="akash/eclipse-che:latest" /home/akash/dockerimage.yocto.support/ Sending build context to Docker daemon 26.93MB Step 1/5 : FROM eclipse/cpp_gcc ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akash BHardwaj
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Can't pass a variable representing the output of lsb_release to a docker dontainer

I don't know why, but the rendering of my code mucks up the spacing and indentation, despite being correct in the original file. I'm having issues getting the following script to run (specifically the nested script at the end of the docker command near the end of the script; I think I'm not passing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: James Ray
2 Replies

6. War Stories

Postbit Changes (Phase II Upgrade)

Next in the pipeline, thinking I will work on postbit (the core of the posts) and try to get Bootstrap and badges working in postbit and not break the quick editors in the post. Note, I had to turn off the scrollbars in postbit for now because when I turn them on, it breaks the quick editor in... (11 Replies)
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML Phase with awk

Hi Guys, Input XML File :- <managedObject class="RMOD_R" distName="MRBTS-101/X/R-7"> <list name="activeCellsList"> <p>15</p> <p>201</p> </list> <p name="aldManagementProtocol">True</p> <p name="serialNumber">845</p> </managedObject> Output :- ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
5 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Update to Advanced Search Page (Phase 1)

Update: I have completed the first phase of revamping the "Advanced Search" page using Bootstrap (desktop not mobile yet): https://www.unix.com/search.php https://www.unix.com/search.php I may change this to a Bootstrap modal later and change the CSS a bit more; but for now it is much... (0 Replies)
0 Replies
Nagios::Plugin::Functions(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Nagios::Plugin::Functions(3pm)

NAME
Nagios::Plugin::Functions - functions to simplify the creation of Nagios plugins SYNOPSIS
# Constants OK, WARNING, CRITICAL, and UNKNOWN exported by default use Nagios::Plugin::Functions; # nagios_exit( CODE, $message ) - exit with error code CODE, # and message "PLUGIN CODE - $message" nagios_exit( CRITICAL, $critical_error ) if $critical_error; nagios_exit( WARNING, $warning_error ) if $warning_error; nagios_exit( OK, $result ); # nagios_die( $message, [$CODE] ) - just like nagios_exit(), # but CODE is optional, defaulting to UNKNOWN do_something() or nagios_die("do_something() failed horribly"); do_something_critical() or nagios_die("do_something_critical() failed", CRITICAL); # check_messages - check a set of message arrays, returning a # CODE and/or a result message $code = check_messages(critical => @crit, warning => @warn); ($code, $message) = check_messages( critical => @crit, warning => @warn, ok => @ok ); # get_shortname - return the default short name for this plugin # (as used by nagios_exit/die; not exported by default) $shortname = get_shortname(); DESCRIPTION
This module is part of the Nagios::Plugin family, a set of modules for simplifying the creation of Nagios plugins. This module exports convenience functions for the class methods provided by Nagios::Plugin. It is intended for those who prefer a simpler functional interface, and who do not need the additional functionality of Nagios::Plugin. EXPORTS Nagios status code constants are exported by default: OK WARNING CRITICAL UNKNOWN DEPENDENT as are the following functions: nagios_exit nagios_die check_messages The following variables and functions are exported only on request: %ERRORS %STATUS_TEXT get_shortname max_state max_state_alt FUNCTIONS The following functions are supported: nagios_exit( <CODE>, $message ) Exit with return code CODE, and a standard nagios message of the form "PLUGIN CODE - $message". nagios_die( $message, [CODE] ) Same as nagios_exit(), except that CODE is optional, defaulting to UNKNOWN. NOTE: exceptions are not raised by default to calling code. Set $_use_die flag if this functionality is required (see test code). check_messages( critical => @crit, warning => @warn ) Convenience function to check a set of message arrays and return an appropriate nagios return code and/or a result message. Returns only a return code in scalar context; returns a return code and an error message in list context i.e. # Scalar context $code = check_messages(critical => @crit, warning => @warn); # List context ($code, $msg) = check_messages(critical => @crit, warning => @warn); check_messages() accepts the following named arguments: critical => ARRAYREF An arrayref of critical error messages - check_messages() returns CRITICAL if this arrayref is non-empty. Mandatory. warning => ARRAYREF An arrayref of warning error messages - check_messages() returns WARNING if this arrayref is non-empty ('critical' is checked first). Mandatory. ok => ARRAYREF | SCALAR An arrayref of informational messages (or a single scalar message), used in list context if both the 'critical' and 'warning' arrayrefs are empty. Optional. join => SCALAR A string used to join the relevant array to generate the message string returned in list context i.e. if the 'critical' array @crit is non-empty, check_messages would return: join( $join, @crit ) as the result message. Optional; default: ' ' (space). join_all => SCALAR By default, only one set of messages are joined and returned in the result message i.e. if the result is CRITICAL, only the 'critical' messages are included in the result; if WARNING, only the 'warning' messages are included; if OK, the 'ok' messages are included (if supplied) i.e. the default is to return an 'errors-only' type message. If join_all is supplied, however, it will be used as a string to join the resultant critical, warning, and ok messages together i.e. all messages are joined and returned. get_shortname Return the default shortname used for this plugin i.e. the first token reported by nagios_exit/nagios_die. The default is basically uc basename( $ENV{NAGIOS_PLUGIN} || $0 ) with any leading 'CHECK_' and trailing file suffixes removed. get_shortname is not exported by default, so must be explicitly imported. max_state(@a) Returns the worst state in the array. Order is: CRITICAL, WARNING, OK, UNKNOWN, DEPENDENT The typical usage of max_state is to initialise the state as UNKNOWN and use it on the result of various test. If no test were performed successfully the state will still be UNKNOWN. max_state_alt(@a) Returns the worst state in the array. Order is: CRITICAL, WARNING, UNKNOWN, DEPENDENT, OK This is a true definition of a max state (OK last) and should be used if the internal tests performed can return UNKNOWN. SEE ALSO
Nagios::Plugin; the nagios plugin developer guidelines at http://nagiosplug.sourceforge.net/developer-guidelines.html. AUTHORS
This code is maintained by the Nagios Plugin Development Team: http://nagiosplug.sourceforge.net COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2006 by Nagios Plugin Development Team This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-12-23 Nagios::Plugin::Functions(3pm)