Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Notes with Ravinder on Badging System Development Part II Post 303028354 by RavinderSingh13 on Saturday 5th of January 2019 05:59:57 AM
Old 01-05-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Ravinder,
Please write a PHP function to parse the $color[] array and create the string(2) to append in the badge alert text.
Hint: You need to read a $serialized_badges JSON string (which we will get from the user table and convert it to a PHP array using json_decode() then perhaps a foreach() loop to compare against the current $color[] array.
Or, you can do all this in Javascript by storing the badge[] js array serialized in localstorage, which is how I would do it I think.... No reason to do this in PHP, so I think best to do in Javascript.
Sorry Neo I didn't get it Smilie if you could give me little more scenario like sample input and expected output then I will try my BEST to write it. Sorry I am that good like you in coding to be honest.

Thanks,
R. Singh

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

New Badging System - Badges Prototype Beta 1 (Badges Only)

Today I mapped out the new badging system using FA icons, Beta 1 in no particular order except a 6 x 8 grid: https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums215-picture991.png The prototype HTML code for this layout: <style> .fa-badge-grid { font-size: 1.5em; } .row { ... (38 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
38 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Status of Badging System - Beta 1

Dear All, Here is the current status of the badging system: The Beta 1 phase of the new badging system is close to completion. 42 prototype badges have been "allocated" 6 prototype badge slots are held in reserve The "alert you have new badges" prototype is running and is currently... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Badging System: UNIX.COM Bug Hunter Badge (New)

I have moved the bug badge out of reserve and into the main stream. Basically, I will assign a color level like the others, based on who has made a good actionable bug report for UNIX.COM. "Good" means screenshots, links, and even details from web dev tools our the HTML source code. So far,... (0 Replies)
0 Replies
NSAPI_REQUEST_HEADERS(3)						 1						  NSAPI_REQUEST_HEADERS(3)

nsapi_request_headers - Fetch all HTTP request headers

SYNOPSIS
array nsapi_request_headers (void ) DESCRIPTION
nsapi_request_headers(3) gets all the HTTP headers in the current request. This is only supported when PHP runs as a NSAPI module. Note Prior to PHP 4.3.3, getallheaders(3) was only available for the Apache servers. After PHP 4.3.3, getallheaders(3) is an alias for nsapi_request_headers(3) if you use the NSAPI module. Note You can also get at the value of the common CGI variables by reading them from the $_SERVER superglobal, which works whether or not you are using PHP as a NSAPI module. RETURN VALUES
Returns an associative array with all the HTTP headers. EXAMPLES
Example #1 nsapi_request_headers(3) example <?php $headers = nsapi_request_headers(); foreach ($headers as $header => $value) { echo "$header: $value <br /> "; } ?> PHP Documentation Group NSAPI_REQUEST_HEADERS(3)