Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Notes with Ravinder on Badging System Development Part II Post 303028190 by Neo on Tuesday 1st of January 2019 12:53:52 PM
Old 01-01-2019
Anyway.. Ravinder,

I don't think you should try to convert the UNIXTIME to a DATE format.

Just take time() minus the joindate from the table (in UNIXTIME) and subtract them and divide by the number of days in seconds to get the number of days. No need to convert to DATE format.

Or whatever you like, but your query is broken... try again Smilie

PS: There is no field in the user table called "jointime" as in your original query. Please check your table definition. Hint:

Code:
mysql> select joindate from user where userid =1;
+-----------+
| joindate  |
+-----------+
| 968947200 |
+-----------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

New Badging System - Badges Prototype Beta 1 (Badges Only)

Today I mapped out the new badging system using FA icons, Beta 1 in no particular order except a 6 x 8 grid: https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums215-picture991.png The prototype HTML code for this layout: <style> .fa-badge-grid { font-size: 1.5em; } .row { ... (38 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
38 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Status of Badging System - Beta 1

Dear All, Here is the current status of the badging system: The Beta 1 phase of the new badging system is close to completion. 42 prototype badges have been "allocated" 6 prototype badge slots are held in reserve The "alert you have new badges" prototype is running and is currently... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Badging System: UNIX.COM Bug Hunter Badge (New)

I have moved the bug badge out of reserve and into the main stream. Basically, I will assign a color level like the others, based on who has made a good actionable bug report for UNIX.COM. "Good" means screenshots, links, and even details from web dev tools our the HTML source code. So far,... (0 Replies)
0 Replies
MSSQL_FIELD_SEEK(3)													       MSSQL_FIELD_SEEK(3)

mssql_field_seek - Seeks to the specified field offset

SYNOPSIS
bool mssql_field_seek (resource $result, int $field_offset) DESCRIPTION
Seeks to the specified field offset. If the next call to mssql_fetch_field(3) won't include a field offset, this field would be returned. PARAMETERS
o $result - The result resource that is being evaluated. This result comes from a call to mssql_query(3). o $field_offset - The field offset, starts at 0. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Using mssql_field_seek(3) on the example for mssql_fetch_field(3) <?php // Connect to MSSQL and select the database mssql_connect('MANGOSQLEXPRESS', 'sa', 'phpfi'); mssql_select_db('php'); // Send a select query to MSSQL $query = mssql_query('SELECT * FROM [php].[dbo].[persons]'); // Construct table echo '<h3>Table structure for 'persons'</h3>'; echo '<table border="1">'; // Table header echo '<thead>'; echo '<tr>'; echo '<td>Field name</td>'; echo '<td>Data type</td>'; echo '<td>Max length</td>'; echo '</tr>'; echo '</thead>'; // Dump all fields echo '<tbody>'; for ($i = 0; $i < mssql_num_fields($query); ++$i) { // Fetch the field information, notice the // field_offset parameter is not set. See // the mssql_field_seek call below $field = mssql_fetch_field($query); // Print the row echo '<tr>'; echo '<td>' . $field->name . '</td>'; echo '<td>' . strtoupper($field->type) . '</td>'; echo '<td>' . $field->max_length . '</td>'; echo '</tr>'; // Move the internal seek pointer to the next // row in the result set mssql_field_seek($query, $i + 1); } echo '</tbody>'; echo '</table>'; // Free the query result mssql_free_result($query); ?> SEE ALSO
mssql_fetch_field(3). PHP Documentation Group MSSQL_FIELD_SEEK(3)