Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Advice on allocating SAN storage to a virtual database server on VMware Post 303027923 by dkmartin on Friday 28th of December 2018 09:05:23 AM
Old 12-28-2018
So let me ask this. When presenting a single LUN to a linux server it would show up as 1 physical device, correct? If I am assuming correctly, then would you carve that LUN up into smaller partitions giving you multiple disks to allocate to different volume groups/file systems?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Using San storage - advice needed

Thinking of using our San for network backups.. Have a Netra 240 being installed and planning to get some space on our San. Do you know what software is used to access the San from my server or what I would need to do? I know how to connect to local storage, disk arrays etc but not sure what... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
1 Replies

2. Solaris

SAN Storage to solaris 10 server

Hi, I have configured our SAN Storage to be connected to our new SUN T5220. On the SAn it looks all fine on the server I do not see any connection: cfgadm -al Ap_Id Type Receptacle Occupant Condition c1 scsi-bus connected ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manni2
4 Replies

3. SuSE

Hot-add memory to SuSE / VMware virtual server

Hi, Here is the issue. Some more memory has been added from vCenter to the virtual machine. From the virtual machine running SuSE 11 SP3. # modprobe acpiphp # modprobe acpi-memhotplug # grep -v online /sys/devices/system/memory/*/state # It looks like there is no offline memory, but free... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixlover
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Allocating Unallocated Drive Space from a SAN to a filesystem

Good Morning everyone, I want to know how to allocate unallocated drive space from a SAN to a file system that desperately needs the drive space. Does anyone have any documentation or tips on how to accomplish this? I am running on AIX version 6.1. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryanco
2 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to mount a 79TB SAN storage to another server?

Hi Team, How do i mount or connect the SAN storage to a specific folder. I have tried to mount it but each time i can only mount 900GB of the storage to the folder: ipmi1 ~]# df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/mapper/VolGroup-root_vol ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ElVista
0 Replies
VMXNET(9)							   Open VM Tools							 VMXNET(9)

NAME
vmxnet - vmware kernel module SYNOPSIS
modprobe vmxnet DESCRIPTION
This is a Linux kernel device driver module that drives VMware's fast networking device. As it is backed by real (virtual) hardware, it should be automatically loaded by hotplug or udev as needed. For best performance, it is recommended to enable TSO on all interfaces driven by vmxnet using ethtool. The shell code to do this might look like this: if which ethtool >/dev/null 2>&1; then for ethif in `ifconfig -a | grep ^eth | cut -d' ' -f1`; do ethtool -K $ethif tso on >/dev/null 2>&1 done fi The VMware backend may present the fast networking device as an AMD vlance device instead of the actual vmxnet device. SEE ALSO
vmware-checkvm(1) vmware-hgfsclient(1) vmware-toolbox(1) vmware-toolbox-cmd(1) vmware-user(1) vmware-xferlogs(1) libguestlib(3) libvmtools(3) vmware-guestd(8) vmware-hgfsmounter(8) vmware-user-suid-wrapper(8) vmblock(9) vmci(9) vmhgfs(9) vmmemctl(9) vmsock(9) vmsync(9) vmxnet3(9) HOMEPAGE
More information about vmxnet and the Open VM Tools can be found at <http://open-vm-tools.sourceforge.net/>. AUTHOR
Open VM Tools were written by VMware, Inc. <http://www.vmware.com/>. This manual page was put together from homepage materials by Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). 2010.03.20-243334 2010-04-08 VMXNET(9)