Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions [Windows 7 x64] Find FFMPEG location ? Post 303027434 by pasc on Saturday 15th of December 2018 01:57:17 PM
Old 12-15-2018
[Windows 7 x64] Find FFMPEG location ?

So, I have ffmpeg already installed on my machine,
however I can't for the life of me figure out *where*

Expanding the %path% variable shows: no ffmpeg there

Not in the Usual "Programs" Folder, or C: either.

Any way to find out where on my machine ffmpeg resides ?

Thanks in advance:

pasc

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a pattern in a file at a particular location

Hi all, I have a question on how to search for a pattern in a file and return a value if it is present at that particular location. How to read each line and each character for the pattern in the file of any format. Eg for the file format: attached the file (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sparks
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the job and its location

Guys; I first I thank you for helping me few times in the past; A job runs every day at 8AM and looks for a file “abcd.txt” in directory “/usr/task/tmp”. How to find the job and its location. I need to change the file name to “abcd.dat”. it is UNIX environment. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: clem2610
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying files from windows shared location to linux box

Hi, i am new to shell scripting. i have a requirement to copy the files from a windows shared location( vendor will place the files here) to Linux server( my Informatica will pick the files from this location). Files should be loaded in the order in which they were placed in windows box.(Based on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Haari
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Find Computer Location

Hi, there, How to know location of a computer where its IP Address and Computer name is known? tx (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: budiantho_indra
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a existing file location and directory location in Solaris box?

Hi This is my third past and very impressed with previous post replies Hoping the same for below query How to find a existing file location and directory location in solaris box (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: buzzme
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find a set of files in a location

Hi, I am new to Unix. I need a script to check some 74 files are present in a particular location or not . (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nid21
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find the location of particular file and directory

hi all, i am new to UNIX environment. i have a file and directory with same name, i don't know the location I want to find location of that file and directory. please suggest a solution. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahesh1987
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

Find cpu location

Hi guys we have come corrected errors and i would like to know where is cpu 23 located physicaly... :( here the lscpu output (2 socket, 6 cores intel cpu): # lscpu Architecture: x86_64 CPU op-mode(s): 32-bit, 64-bit Byte Order: Little Endian CPU(s): ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beta17
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

Where to find IP address to location data?

I'm trying to remotely probe a range of IP addresses. First I need a list of IP addresses for a very small geographic area. I've had a lot of trouble obtaining them. I would like to find a database or something. Suppose I do get the data. Can I see if that IP address is in use by someone? Can I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockandAir
2 Replies
iowatcher(1)						      General Commands Manual						      iowatcher(1)

NAME
iowatcher - Create visualizations from blktrace results SYNOPSIS
iowatcher OPTIONS... DESCRIPTION
iowatcher graphs the results of a blktrace run. It can graph the result of an existing blktrace, start a new blktrace, or start a new blk- trace and a benchmark run. It can then create an image or movie of the IO from a given trace. iowatcher can produce either SVG files or movies in mp4 format (with ffmpeg) or ogg format (with png2theora). OPTIONS
--help Print a brief usage summary. -d, --device <device> Controls which device you are tracing. You can only trace one device at a time for now. It is sent directly to blktrace, and only needed when you are making a new trace. -D, --blktrace-destination <destination> Destination for blktrace. -p, --prog <program> Program to run while blktrace is run. -K, --keep-movie-svgs Keep the SVG files generated for movie mode. -t, --trace <file|directory> Controls the name of the blktrace file. iowatcher uses a dump from blkparse, so -t tries to guess the name of the corresponding per CPU blktrace data files if the dump file doesn't already exist. If you want more than one trace in a given graph, you can specify -t more than once. If a directory is specified, iowatcher will use the name of the directory as the base name of the dump file and all trace files found inside the directory will be processed. -l, --label <label> Sets a label in the graph for a trace file. The labels are added in the same order the trace files are added. -m, --movie [spindle|rect] Create a movie. The file format depends on the extension used in the -o filename.* option. If you specify an .ogv or .ogg exten- sion, the result will be Ogg Theora video, if png2theora is available. If you use an .mp4 extension, the result will be an mp4 video if ffmpeg is available. You can use any other extension, but the end result will be an mp4. You can use --movie=spindle or --movie=rect, which changes the style of the IO mapping. -T, --title <title> Set a title to be placed at the top of the graph. -o, --output <file> Output filename (default: trace.svg). -r, --rolling <seconds> Control the duration for the rolling average. iowatcher tries to smooth out bumpy graphs by averaging the current second with sec- onds from the past. Larger numbers here give you flatter graphs. -h, --height <height> Set the height of each graph -w, --width <width> Set the width of each graph -c, --columns <columns> Numbers of columns in graph output -x, --xzoom <min:max> Limit processed time range to min:max -y, --yzoom <min:max> Limit processed sectors to min:max -a, --io-plot-action <action> Plot given action (one of Q,D,C) in IO graph -P, --per-process-io Distinguish between processes in IO graph -O, --only-graph <graph> Add a single graph to the output (see GRAPHS). By default all the graphs are included, but with -O you get only the graphs you ask for. -O may be used more than once. -N, --no-graph <type> Remove a single graph from the output (see GRAPHS). This may also be used more than once. GRAPHS
Choices for -O and -N are: io, tput, latency, queue_depth, iops, cpu-sys, cpu-io, cpu-irq, cpu-user, cpu-soft EXAMPLES
Generate graph from the existing trace.dump: iowatcher -t trace.dump -o trace.svg Skip the IO graph: iowatcher -t trace.dump -o trace.svg -N io Only graph tput and latency: iowatcher -t trace.dump -o trace.svg -O tput -O latency Generate a graph from two runs, and label them: iowatcher -t ext4.dump -t xfs.dump -l Ext4 -l XFS -o trace.svg Run a fio benchmark and store the trace in trace.dump, add a title to the top, use /dev/sda for blktrace: iowatcher -d /dev/sda -t trace.dump -T 'Fio Benchmark' -p 'fio some_job_file' Make a movie from an existing trace: iowatcher -t trace --movie -o trace.mp4 iowatcher(1)