Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Quick Update on UNIX.COM Site Renovation: Bootstrap, Font Awesome and jQuery Post 303027408 by Neo on Saturday 15th of December 2018 12:35:29 AM
Old 12-15-2018
Update:

Have Bootstrap-ified :
  • Most of the moderation menus and inline moderation pages, etc.
  • The UserCP pages to update options, PW, etc.

TODO:
  • Finish "Advanced Search" page
  • Do something with the User Profile pages.
  • Add Bootstrap classes to other pages as they appear...

Otherwise, most of the pages are already Bootstrap-ified and looking good, as far as what gains we can easily get from Bootstrap.
These 3 Users Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to fix bootstrap failure in unix V4.0D?

hi! my computer is... system: Digital Personal Workstation 433a Processor: Digital Alpha 21164, 433 MHz Memory: 64 MB Operating System: Digital Unix Console(SRM), Digital Unix V4.0D That computer is used for radar display. Application run on Unix. I have a problem now. I can't boot dkc0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akz
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Site update

Hi All, I have to go to some particular website for every day in backend, so i have created some script to pick that values, Is there any way to know the website updating, Because if site has mod. then my script is not giving proper data, so i need to check once in a day whether the site has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shenbaga.d
1 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Man Page Repositories - Added jQuery and Bootstrap

I added both jQuery and Bootstrap Javacript libs to all man page repository pages. TODO: I need to add pagination to these repos because most are very large and load to slow on a single page. For the first upgrade, I manually added one new CSS Class (repository) to the main repo tables and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

New Icons Coming from Font Awesome

Finally making some progress on getting rid of the 10 year old buttons with modern day fonts and icons thanks to a responsive web design tutorial by Brad Traversy who's video pointed me to Font Awesome. The buttons and icons were pretty easy to implement but it too me a number of hours... (39 Replies)
39 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Update on UNIX.COM Site Upgrades (Desktop)

This post is about the "Desktop" view, not "Mobile' ... First of all, I want to thank everyone for all the great comments, error checking and feature suggestions as we modernize the site, step-by-step. Also, thank you for your patience with me when as we make the site better. So far, we... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

New Mobile Navbar Icons from Font Awesome

Just changed the mobile site to use Font Awesome icons. Here is the new top navbar view (unregistered users) https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums214-picture903.jpeg (2 Replies)
2 Replies

7. Web Development

New Font Awesome Icons in Quick Reply Editor

Working on the Quick Reply Editor, I have replaced a number of icons (see image below) with Font Awesome Icons. Was planning to replace all of them, but for some reason, replacing a few of them causes the script / template to break (which is odd) so I left them for now. ... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Quick Bootstrap Reformat of Forum Staff Page

This page still needs work (complete redesign), but in the meantime, I quickly added some Bootstrap classes to "pretty it up": https://www.unix.com/staff.php https://www.unix.com/staff.php (0 Replies)
0 Replies
br(1)							      General Commands Manual							     br(1)

NAME
br - utility to interact with Firecracker device SYNOPSIS
br [options] [housecode[list]] [native command] ... DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the br command. br is a program that interacts with X10's Firecracker device allowing the user to manipulate X10 devices throughout their house/office. OPTIONS
The programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options are included below. -h, --help Show summary of options. -v, --verbose Each -v will increase the verbosity. -x, --port=PORT Set port to communicate with (should be the port the Firecracker module is plugged into) -c, --house=[A-P] Use alternate house code for operations, default is A -n, --on=LIST Turn on all devices in LIST -f, --off=LIST Turn off all devices in LIST -N, --ON Turn on all devices in housecode -F, --OFF Turn off all devices in housecode -d, --dim=LEVEL[,LIST] Dim devices in housecode [or LIST] to relative LEVEL -B, --lamps_on Turn on all lamps in housecode -D, --lamps_off Turn off all lamps in housecode -r, --repeat=NUM Repeat commands NUM times (0 = ~forever) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Ashley Clark <aclark@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). Ashley Clark br(1)