Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to block first bash script until second bash script script launches web server/site? Post 303027215 by bakunin on Tuesday 11th of December 2018 07:28:08 AM
Old 12-11-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by siegfried
Don:
Starting the build and starting the web server is done with a single maven command and the script is terminated with a kill or windows taskkill command. So you cannot have that script start a browser after the web server starts.
OK, but even so: how abou creating a script like this:

Code:
#! /bin/sh

if single-maven-command ; then
     start-browser-script.sh
else
   echo "Something went wrong executing maven..."
   exit 1
fi
exit 0

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script pass sentence in block

Hello, I want to know is it possible to pass a block of sentence using bash. For example, I have a script called Test.sh that takes in $1 and $2. and I'm calling Test.sh in a.sh so in a.sh Test.sh '' 'This is a sentence' Because block are separated by space so when I do that, I get... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: katrvu
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

(w)get web server's directories + bash script

Hi everyone. I need to write a script which will download files/folders (a huge collection) to the local file server (centOS 4.4 Server), and check regularly (every 6 hours or so if any new files are present, or if the old ones were modified to update contents). Any insights on how to tackle... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reminiscent
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with bash script to block IP addresses

I am using a bash script for CentOS 5.5, I found one and modified it, however I want to block the incoming IP addresses and ALLOW the IP addresses that are blocked to send out email. I will use an internal network range for an example, 10.10.10.0/24 (if a lot of spam is incoming) from this range... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: grifs71
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to test IP range on server

Hello, We have to configure servers with a range of IPs which is in itself a subject for another script assistance request -but- we have run into quite a few IP ranges with routing problems lately. I've been trying to figure out the best way to test a range of IPs, I mean, manually it's not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: boxgoboom
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help with little bash server monitor script

hello, i`m new in bash scripting and i getting an error with my little server monitoring script example of my script: #!/bin/sh s1_ats=0 while ; do sleep 5 s1=`ping -c 1 xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxxx | grep 64 | awk '{print $1}'` if ; then $s1_ats=0 else if ; then (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: grauzikas
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Block local and remote port with iptables - Script BASH

Hello I'm beginner in the linux scripting and i would like to get help. I want to create a script that can block one or more Port even see all the TCP port. The ports must be blocked even when starting my machine. Of course requires a second script which will allow the ports that you want to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: houstaf
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script and remote server issue

Hello, I'm attempting to run a script on a remote server via SSH but am having issues getting the script to run using proprietary binaries located on the remote server as it keeps complaining that commands are invalid on the local machine. If I run the script locally on the remote server, it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadyuk
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running a C/C++ program and/or bash script from a server

I wish to be able to give to a client the opportunity to : 0) Turn one of my ubuntu computers into a webserver 1) See a webpage after visiting a url where an external user/client can set a couple of variables (e.g. Number1= ?, Number2=?) 2) By pressing "run" the program runs on my machine 3)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frad
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer files from one server with bash script

Hello to all, I want to copy from one server to another files of last 24 hours with size between 500MB and 2GB. The code below searches last files in 24 hours. find . -mtime -1 In order to copy faster I'd like to compress the files before copying them. How to automate the process of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Refresh web page in bash script

hello, I am trying to refresh my web page which is created in bash script. I have a HTML page which when press a button calls a bash script. this bash script created the same page with dynamic data. When pressing the button I am calling to a function that set time out of 7 seconds and and after... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SH78
1 Replies
script(1)							   User Commands							 script(1)

NAME
script - make record of a terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [filename] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a record of everything printed on your screen. The record is written to filename. If no file name is given, the record is saved in the file typescript. See WARNINGS. The script command forks and creates a sub-shell, according to the value of $SHELL, and records the text from this session. The script ends when the forked shell exits or when Control-d is typed. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -a Appends the session record to filename, rather than overwriting it. NOTES
script places everything that appears on the screen in filename, including prompts. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) WARNINGS
script can pose a security risk when used in directories that are writable by other users (for example, /tmp), especially when run by a privileged user, that is, root. Be sure that typescript is not a link before running script. SunOS 5.10 30 Jan 2004 script(1)