Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris10 and Windows2000 authentication. Post 303027174 by Linusolaradm1 on Monday 10th of December 2018 11:22:57 AM
Old 12-10-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
You provide a lot of great information; however you do not provide some of the most important information, which is the log file entries.

If you want to solve a problem on a server, the first place to start are with the messages in the log files.
Thanks,I have "solved" upgrading to windows2008r2,now all works fine,if someone is interested I can post my procedure.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

networking solaris8 with windows2000

I am a real newbie to linux/unix and need alot of help. I have been trying to find through books and internet , how to change the network properties(ip address,subnet mask, protocols,ect..)But I cant seem to find out how.Also do I need to install samba to network to other windows machines on a peer... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scotte
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NFS and windows2000 Server

Hello, We use an WIN2000 NT Server and some Unix (Scitex Brisque) in our prepress network. We want to create a folder onto the unix machine which is visible for the NTServer. The nfs apllication is Disk Acces. The people at scitex told me to that I'd to make an export folder so the unix... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vanstraelen
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux and windows2000

I have successfully installed Slackware 8.0 on a disk and Windows 2000 on the other. The win-disk being the master and linux-disk the slave. I do multi booting via LILO and everything works great. But recently I've decided to remove the harddrive with linux on and put it in another computer.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: J.P
6 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

is there any problem that install windows2000 and unix on one computer

I want to know if there is any problem that install windows2000 and unix or linux on same computer.I partition my harddisk to 4, 3 of 4 are NTFS, 1 is FAT32, I want to install unix or linux on this partition.how should I do??? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sw_water
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Inst. Solaris10

I just download solaris 10, from sun.com, I have them ziped in my HD, How can I install them, so I can run solaris10, my present os is RH9; THANKS (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mxlst14
5 Replies

6. Linux

ftp problem from linux to windows2000 server

Hi All, I was trying to ftp multiple files from my windows to my linux box, everything gets transfered but unfortunately some of them are corrupted. I found out that some of the files are in Ascii and some are binary, but since most of the files I'm trying to send are Ascii...the big ones... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3rr0r_3rr0r
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Using mailx under solaris10

Hello all. I am a new user Solaris10, on a sunblade100. And I need help. How to send an e-mail on command line under solaris 10 ? I try mailx-s "subject" snacks@yahoo.fr without success. I would like to know why? What files do I configure? Thank you in advance. best regards. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SnackS
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Sun Solaris10

hi to all, I am newuser can anyone tell me from where i get the sun solaris 10 dumps. plz mail me at (no email addresses - read the RULES of these forums) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: quickgun
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris10

Hi All How can we verify if any of the parameters we have change in Solaris10 after reboot. Like is there any command? Please advice Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: imran721
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris10 and pxeLinux

I want to run solaris10 with my pxelinux server i put on pxelinux.cfg/default this LABEL solaris 10 kernel mboot.c32 append -solaris solaris/boot/platform/i86pc/kernel/unix -v -m verbose install dhcp nowin nfs://192.168.0.2/jumpstart/config.tar -B install_media=192.168.0.2:/solaris... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
0 Replies
ddi_dma_numwin(9F)					   Kernel Functions for Drivers 					ddi_dma_numwin(9F)

NAME
ddi_dma_numwin - retrieve number of DMA windows SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> int ddi_dma_numwin(ddi_dma_handle_t handle, uint_t *nwinp); PARAMETERS
handle The DMA handle previously allocated by a call to ddi_dma_alloc_handle(9F). nwinp Upon a successful return, nwinp will contain the number of DMA windows for this object. INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). DESCRIPTION
ddi_dma_numwin() returns the number of DMA windows for a DMA object if partial resource allocation was permitted. RETURN VALUES
ddi_dma_numwin() returns: DDI_SUCCESS Successfully filled in the number of DMA windows. DDI_FAILURE DMA windows are not activated. CONTEXT
ddi_dma_numwin() can be called from user, kernel, or interrupt context. SEE ALSO
ddi_dma_addr_bind_handle(9F), ddi_dma_alloc_handle(9F), ddi_dma_buf_bind_handle(9F), ddi_dma_unbind_handle(9F) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 29 Sep 1994 ddi_dma_numwin(9F)