Today (Saturday) We will make some minor tuning adjustments to MySQL.

You may experience 2 up to 10 seconds "glitch time" when we restart MySQL. We expect to make these adjustments around 1AM Eastern Daylight Saving Time (EDT) US.

"Stripping of Non-Printable Chars in the Who Is Online Page"

Post #303027119 by Neo on Monday 10th of December 2018 02:18:07 AM

Stripping of Non-Printable Chars in the Who Is Online Page

Noticed that after changing our site and HTML be to UTF-8 compliant per HTML5 standards, we started to see unprintable chars in the country and city name from the geoip database which converts IP addresses to country and city names. So, I just added this code to that PHP plugin which seems to do the trick:

Code:
if($record->city){ 
    $clean = preg_replace('/[\x00-\x1F\x7F]/u', '', $record->city . ", " . $record->country_name); 
     $userinfo['geoip_country_name'] = $clean; 
  } 
else { 
    $clean = preg_replace('/[\x00-\x1F\x7F]/u', '', $record->country_name); 
    $userinfo['geoip_country_name'] = $clean; 
  }

I did a check and seems that problem has been solved, or at least a bandaid fix to another issue I don't have time to look into at this time.
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

Related Linux and UNIX Technical Support
Usefull HP-UX Man Page Online
killerserv
Usefull HP-UX Man Page Online Link LINK: HP-UX Man Page http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~mac/manuals/hpux-manual-pages/hpux.man1.html... News, Links, Events and Announcements
News, Links, Events and Announcements
Linux Man Page Online Link
killerserv
Linux Man Page Online Link LINK: Linux Man Page Man Page for ( Section ) - The UNIX and Linux Forums... News, Links, Events and Announcements
News, Links, Events and Announcements
removing non-printable chars from multiple files
revax
How do I remove non-printable characters from all txt files and output the results to one file? I've tried the following: tr -cd '\n' < *.txt > out.txt and it gives ambiguous redirect error. How can I get it to operate on all txt files in the current directory and append the output to...... Shell Programming and Scripting
Shell Programming and Scripting
OCSIGEN(1)						      General Commands Manual							OCSIGEN(1)

NAME
ocsigen - Web Development framework in OCaml
SYNOPSIS
ocsigen [options]
DESCRIPTION
ocsigen is a programming framework providing a new way to create dynamic web sites. Its goal is to offer an alternative to Apache/PHP, based on cutting-edge technologies coming from research in programming languages. With ocsigen, you program in a concise and modular way, with a strong type system which helps you to produce valid xhtml. The server handles sessions, URLs, and page parameters automatically.
OPTIONS
-c, --config Alternate configuration file. -d, --daemon Daemon mode (detach the process). This is the default when there are more than 1 process. -help, --help Show summary of options. -p, --pidfile Specify a file where to write the PIDs of the servers. -s, --silent Silent mode (error messages go in errors.log only). -v, --verbose Verbose mode. -V , --veryverbose Very verbose mode (debug). -version Show version of program.
SEE ALSO
ocamlc(1).
AUTHOR
ocsigen was written by Vincent Balat <vincent.balat@pps.jussieu.fr>. This manual page was written by Samuel Mimram <smimram@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). 2006-09-14 OCSIGEN(1)

Featured Tech Videos