Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support How do i start a new thread with my android phone? Post 303027104 by Neo on Sunday 9th of December 2018 08:58:37 PM
Old 12-09-2018
Sure! Will do!

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

How do I start a thread ?

I am actually trying to find out the following: Using MS Windows, XP PRO, I downloaded an Adaptec SCSi 39160 driver from SCO Unix site. Driver is ad160.btld. I now need to copy this driver to a SCO Unix 5.5 standalone server, via a floppy diskette. I've tried SCO505 Diskimage and it didn't have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mos8001
2 Replies

2. Android

Will You Move to an Android Phone or Tablet?

Let's find out about users of Android. I'm becoming a big Android follower. You? After a lot of research, I am thinking to by the Samsung Galaxy S as soon as it updates to Android 2.2. I'm also closely following the release of the Samsung Galaxy Tab! (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
14 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris View/Transfer Files Android Phone

I'm trying to sync/transfer files from my UNIX box and Android Phone and vice versa. I know that Android Phones show up seamlessly (mostly) in Linux given their incestuous relationship. Is there a way to do it in UNIX or more specifically in Solaris 11.3 (i86)?:confused: I haven't found one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nostradamus1973
2 Replies
pthread_join(3) 					     Library Functions Manual						   pthread_join(3)

NAME
pthread_join - Causes the calling thread to wait for the termination of the specified thread. LIBRARY
DECthreads POSIX 1003.1c Library (libpthread.so) SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> int pthread_join( pthread_t thread, void **value_ptr); STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: IEEE Std 1003.1c-1995, POSIX System Application Program Interface PARAMETERS
Thread whose termination is awaited by the calling routine. Return value of the terminating thread (when that thread either calls pthread_exit(3) or returns from its start routine). DESCRIPTION
This routine suspends execution of the calling thread until the specified target thread thread terminates. On return from a successful pthread_join(3) call with a non-NULL value_ptr argument, the value passed to pthread_exit(3) is returned in the location referenced by value_ptr, and the terminating thread is detached. If more than one thread attempts to join with the same thread, the results are unpredictable. A call to pthread_join(3) returns after the target thread terminates. The pthread_join(3) routine is a deferred cancelation point: the target thread will not be detached if the thread blocked in pthread_join(3) is canceled. If a thread calls this routine and specifies its own pthread_t, a deadlock can result. The pthread_join(3) (or pthread_detach(3)) routine should eventually be called for every thread that is created with the detachstate attribute of its thread attributes object set to PTHREAD_CREATE_JOINABLE, so that storage associated with the thread can be reclaimed. RETURN VALUES
If an error condition occurs, this routine returns an integer value indicating the type of error. Possible return values are as follows: Successful completion. The value specified by thread does not refer to a joinable thread. The value specified by thread does not refer to an existing thread ID. A deadlock was detected, or thread specifies the calling thread. ERRORS
None RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: pthread_cancel(3), pthread_create(3), pthread_detach(3), pthread_exit(3) Manuals: Guide to DECthreads and Programmer's Guide delim off pthread_join(3)