Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support How do i start a new thread with my android phone? Post 303027104 by Neo on Sunday 9th of December 2018 08:58:37 PM
Old 12-09-2018
Sure! Will do!

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

How do I start a thread ?

I am actually trying to find out the following: Using MS Windows, XP PRO, I downloaded an Adaptec SCSi 39160 driver from SCO Unix site. Driver is ad160.btld. I now need to copy this driver to a SCO Unix 5.5 standalone server, via a floppy diskette. I've tried SCO505 Diskimage and it didn't have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mos8001
2 Replies

2. Android

Will You Move to an Android Phone or Tablet?

Let's find out about users of Android. I'm becoming a big Android follower. You? After a lot of research, I am thinking to by the Samsung Galaxy S as soon as it updates to Android 2.2. I'm also closely following the release of the Samsung Galaxy Tab! (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
14 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris View/Transfer Files Android Phone

I'm trying to sync/transfer files from my UNIX box and Android Phone and vice versa. I know that Android Phones show up seamlessly (mostly) in Linux given their incestuous relationship. Is there a way to do it in UNIX or more specifically in Solaris 11.3 (i86)?:confused: I haven't found one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nostradamus1973
2 Replies
kernel_thread_w_arg(9r) 												   kernel_thread_w_arg(9r)

NAME
kernel_thread_w_arg - General: Starts a kernel thread with a calling argument passed in SYNOPSIS
thread_t kernel_thread_w_arg( task_t task, void (*start) (void), void* argument ); ARGUMENTS
Specifies a pointer to a task structure. This pointer identifies the task in which the kernel_thread_w_arg routine starts the newly cre- ated kernel thread. Specifies a pointer to a routine that is the entry point for the newly created kernel thread. Specifies the argument that kernel_thread_w_arg passes to the entry point specified in start. DESCRIPTION
The kernel_thread_w_arg routine creates and starts a kernel thread in the specified task at the specified entry point with a specified argument. The kernel_thread_w_arg routine passes the specified argument to the newly created kernel thread. The kernel_thread_w_arg rou- tine creates and starts a kernel thread with timeshare scheduling. A kernel thread created with timeshare scheduling means that its prior- ity degrades if it consumes an inordinate amount of CPU resources. A kernel module should call kernel_thread_w_arg only for long-running tasks. A kernel module should always attach a kernel thread to the ``first task.'' NOTES
This routine is actually a convenience wrapper for the thread_create routine (which creates the kernel thread) and the thread_start routine (which starts the newly created kernel thread). The kernel_thread_w_arg routine behaves identically to kernel_isrthread except that with kernel_thread_w_arg you can pass an argument to the entry point for the newly created kernel thread. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, kernel_thread_w_arg returns a pointer to the thread structure associated with the kernel thread started at the specified entry point. Kernel modules can use this pointer as a handle to a specific kernel thread in calls to other kernel threads-related routines. SEE ALSO
Routines: kernel_isrthread(9r), thread_create(9r), thread_start(9r) Data Structures: task(9s), thread(9s) kernel_thread_w_arg(9r)