Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming C++ operator overloading error Post 303026996 by Corona688 on Thursday 6th of December 2018 04:06:54 PM
Old 12-06-2018
That means the expression 'str2=whatever' returns void -- or rather, returns nothing. So there's nothing to cout.

Instead have it return const myString & and at the end, put return(*this);

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

xlC compilation error when dealing with operator overloading

Hi, I have a piece of C++ code that can be compiled using g++, but reports an error when compiled with xlC: xlC -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I../SRC -I../include -DNoChange -DSPRNG_MPI -q64 -DLONG64=long -I/usr/lpp/ppe.poe/include -DLONG64=long -c -o libsprng_a-bignum.o bignum.cpp "bignum.cpp",... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: luop0812
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unary operator expected error

Hi I am doing a script like if then echo "table name dosent exist" exit fi the problem is if $table_name is null then i am getting the error Please help me Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssuresh1999
2 Replies

3. Programming

C++ Optr Overloading

Hi All, In C++ one operator can be overloaded, but it can't be overloaded by it's own derieved class Please let me know operator. Thanks, Naga:cool: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nagapandi
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File already exists error while using '>' operator

hi i am using the below code grep -v '^$' file1.lst >file1.lst but it gives file1.lst already exists. And i want to over rite on the same file Whats the work around? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jathin12
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error : -ne: unary operator expected

find . -name "*.*"|xargs grep WT:DBF_WL>> $F Wfexist=`cat $F|grep $i` echo $Wfexist if ; then echo $Wfexist echo "Workflow Exist" else touch $O chmod 777 $O echo $Wfexist echo $WfExist >> $O fi I am getting the error that -ne: unary operator expected in the line with red... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritu.s
2 Replies

6. Programming

Delete operator overloading with multiple arguments.

Hi, I have an requirement to overload the delete operator in C++, but it should also accept the sizeof() the object that is to be deleted. Actually I am trying to built a custom memory allocator and deallocator like a pool, which makes me to overload the delete operator. Small example of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kapilkumawat
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[: =: unary operator expected error

Why am I getting this error.... #!/bin/sh # iOS-Ad-Remover # Marshall Ford @ marshallbford@gmail.com # This project is hosted @ http://ios-ad- # remover.sourceforge.net # Under the GNU GPL open source license clear echo if ; then echo "You need to be root to run this script."; exit 0; #... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbf123
24 Replies

8. Programming

c++ assignment operator overloading

Hello everyone! Suppose that I have something like this A a; a.mem=new int; A b = a; where class A { public: int * mem; A() : mem(NULL) { } ~A() { if (mem!=NULL) delete mem; (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bashuser2
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mysqld overloading cpu of VPS

Hi bros I have a VPS 512mb (Burst 2GB) with Kloxo installed and hosting few sites on it with not much traffic I am facing high cpu load for the last few days and seems mysqld is overloading the cpu Any suggestion will be appreciated Regards Rizwan Top output is as under top -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rizwan65
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help - binary operator expected error

Hello Unix forum. I'm encountering the following error "binary operator expected error" and I cannot seem to solve the issue. I have the following source files to process: CPA_LOOKUP_dat.lst PROFILE_TXN__dat.lst TRANSACTION_CODE_dat.lst PROFILE_TXN_OUT_OF_BALANCE_dat.lst ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
2 Replies
DROP OPERATOR 
CLASS(7) SQL Commands DROP OPERATOR CLASS(7) NAME
DROP OPERATOR CLASS - remove a user-defined operator class SYNOPSIS
DROP OPERATOR CLASS name USING access_method [ CASCADE | RESTRICT ] INPUTS name The name (optionally schema-qualified) of an existing operator class. access_method The name of the index access method the operator class is for. CASCADE Automatically drop objects that depend on the operator class. RESTRICT Refuse to drop the operator class if there are any dependent objects. This is the default. OUTPUTS DROP OPERATOR CLASS The message returned if the command is successful. DESCRIPTION
DROP OPERATOR CLASS drops an existing operator class from the database. To execute this command you must be the owner of the operator class. NOTES The DROP OPERATOR CLASS statement is a PostgreSQL language extension. Refer to CREATE OPERATOR CLASS [create_operator_class(7)] for information on how to create operator classes. USAGE
Remove B-tree operator class widget_ops: DROP OPERATOR CLASS widget_ops USING btree; This command will not execute if there are any existing indexes that use the operator class. Add CASCADE to drop such indexes along with the operator class. COMPATIBILITY
SQL92 There is no DROP OPERATOR CLASS in SQL92. SQL - Language Statements 2002-11-22 DROP OPERATOR CLASS(7)