Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Improving repetitive tasks in function Post 303026940 by aristosv on Wednesday 5th of December 2018 09:58:26 AM
Old 12-05-2018
thanks for your reply, I'll give it a try.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Repetitive Tasks

Could someone tell me how I can simplify the script that follows!!! I know that there must be a way how to grep Average from sar01.................. sar02 ....................... sar03....................... sar04... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JairGuerra
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Repetitive Tasks: using if..then inside a loop

I thought I was getting pretty good with Bash but this problem is stumping me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I've written a firewall script that uses a lot of functions. The variables are read into the script from another .conf file earlier on in the code. Most of these... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: garak
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count if numbers are not repetitive

Hi All, I have an input below and i would want to do a count on all the term "aaa" and count only once if the number in first column is the same. For eg, if i use a "grep -c aaa input" command, the count will be "8". However, i would want the count to be "6" instead since 2 numbers in the 1st... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Repetitive Pattern Matching

Problem: GIVEN ======= my $sql="INSERT INTO table_nm(a, b, b, d, e, f , g) VALUES (2046, TODAY, 'Change Subscription Name', '00000000000002000000000000000000000000000000000000', '00000000000001000000000000000000000000000000000000', '00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000', 1);... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Niroj
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Remove repetitive alphabets

Hi, I am trying to write a script that will take 2 or more instances of repetitive alphabets (ZZ) to be removed from a field. This should only happen from beginning and end of a field. For Example : Input File a) ZZZIBM Corporation b) ZZZIBM Corporation ZZZZZ b) IBM ZZZ... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: msalam65
26 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Improving this validate function

Hi guys, I use this function which was provided to me by someone at this site. It works perfectly for validating a users input option against allowed options.. example: validateInput "1" "1 3 4 5" would return 0 (success) function validateInput { input=$1 allowedInput=$2 for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pyscho
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines between two repetitive patterns

Hi users I have one file which has number of occurrence of one pattern examples Adjustmenttype,11 xyz 10 dwe 9 abd 13 def 14 Adjustmenttype,11 xyz 24 dwe 34 abd 35 def 11 nmb 12 Adjustmenttype, not eleven .... ... ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eranmoh
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Repetitive scripts within a bash shell

I have a bash shell that even though it does not look pretty is working very well. Some of the steps are repetitive, something like this: muscle -in ${e}.4 > $e.5 read -t1 sed ':a /^>/!N;s/\n\(\)/\1/;ta' $e.5 > $e.6 read -t2 awk '/>/{fr=$3;getline;n=split ($0,a,""); for (i=1;i<=n;i++)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Repetitive ending of script

Hi, I am quit satisfied with this scrtipt and really don't want to change anything but the end. I get a repetitve option when I want to "quit" and don't know why. What am I missing? When I press q to quit with this script, I get an EXTRA "Enter " How do I correct this so that when I press... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jefferj54
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need help to removing repetitive lines

Hello SuperUsers! First i wanna say my english sucks.. Don't hate me for that. :rolleyes: I need to make a Bash for removing smilar lines from an output file. My output file always same. Line 1 & 2 Stays. And others similar to this lines needs to be delete. </UsageData><?xml version="1.0"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: morphin
4 Replies
SYSTEMD-DEBUG-GENERATOR(8)				      systemd-debug-generator					SYSTEMD-DEBUG-GENERATOR(8)

NAME
systemd-debug-generator - Generator for enabling a runtime debug shell and masking specific units at boot SYNOPSIS
/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-debug-generator DESCRIPTION
systemd-debug-generator is a generator that reads the kernel command line and understands three options: If the systemd.mask= option is specified and followed by a unit name, this unit is masked for the runtime, similar to the effect of systemctl(1)'s mask command. This is useful to boot with certain units removed from the initial boot transaction for debugging system startup. May be specified more than once. If the systemd.wants= option is specified and followed by a unit name, a start job for this unit is added to the initial transaction. This is useful to start one or more additional units at boot. May be specified more than once. If the systemd.debug_shell option is specified, the debug shell service "debug-shell.service" is pulled into the boot transaction. It will spawn a debug shell on tty9 during early system startup. Note that the shell may also be turned on persistently by enabling it with systemctl(1)'s enable command. systemd-debug-generator implements systemd.generator(7). SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemctl(1), kernel-command-line(7) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-DEBUG-GENERATOR(8)