Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Moved Advanced Stats to Search Results Pages Post 303026901 by Neo on Wednesday 5th of December 2018 12:41:21 AM
Old 12-05-2018
Confirmed.

There is some SEO problem for the main forums page for keyword "unix" which seems was not "fixed" by moving the stats and all those links to a different page.

Of course, it's too early to really tell, but indications are that there is no SEO benefit (and is likely negative SEO) so I may revert this back to how it was sooner than a week and restore the home page as it was before.

Seems creating a more "dynamic featured discussion" home page and moving the stats links to a new pages has not helped keyword "unix" SEO at all....

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Advanced Search Problems.. Search by User Name

There seems to be some problems with Advanced Searching (by User Name & Keyword). I will try to fix this by upgrading vB soon. Thanks for your patience. Neo (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to divide results into several pages?

Hi All, I am wondering if anyone can help me with this. I have a long list of results and I want to divide them into several pages. Any ideas of how to do this? I'm using perl languange. eg: Output file consist of 400 data then would like to divide it into 50 data per pages. any help on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kate katherine
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

search the entire man pages

Could someone please tell me how to search the entire man pages? I know man -k whatever searched the description but I wanna search the entire man page. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can ctag and cscope support recording search results and displaying the history results ?

Hello , When using vim, can ctag and cscope support recording search results and displaying the history results ? Once I jump to one tag, I can use :tnext to jump to next tag, but how can I display the preview search result? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 915086731
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Advanced string search + selection

Hi All, I want to run a script that will search backwards through a text file until it finds a certain string, something like "Date/Time/Eng" and select a string which happens to be a date and save that as a variable. The line will always be in the following exact format: Date/Time/Eng. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: martin0852
4 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Search Results (Search, New, and Today's Topics) Animation Switch

Hey, I added an animation switch on the search results page; so by default the thread previews are off, but if you want to look at them, just click on the green button and the thread previews will turn on (and back off). See image and attached animation: ... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Reformatted Advanced UNIX.COM Search Page (Desktop)

Just enabled Bootstrap for the advanced forum search page (desktop view): https://www.unix.com/search.php That' page still needs work, and to be converted from <table> elements to <div> elements, and to be redesigned, but in the meantime, it's OK using Bootstrap CSS. Note: Before, we had... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Changes to the Forums (Pages and Stats)

Hey. So... here are the changes. 1. The current home page of the forum is now based on a algo (below) which shows a thread based on this SQL $select_limit = 1; $reply_count = 3; $thread_array = array(); $forum_id = 30; //shell programming $query = 'SELECT * FROM thread WHERE... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Update to Advanced Search Page (Phase 1)

Update: I have completed the first phase of revamping the "Advanced Search" page using Bootstrap (desktop not mobile yet): https://www.unix.com/search.php https://www.unix.com/search.php I may change this to a Bootstrap modal later and change the CSS a bit more; but for now it is much... (0 Replies)
0 Replies
LOGCONV.PL(1)						      General Commands Manual						     LOGCONV.PL(1)

NAME
logconv.pl - analyzes Directory Server access log files SYNOPSIS
logconv.pl [-h] [-d <rootDN>] [-s <size limit>] [-v] [-V] [-S <start time>] [-E <end time>] [-efcibaltnxgjuU] [ access log ... ... ] DESCRIPTION
Analyzes Directory Server access log files for specific information defined on the command line OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below: -h, --help help/usage -d, --rootDN <Directory Managers DN> DEFAULT -> cn=directory manager -D, --data <Location for temporary data files> DEFAULT -> /tmp TIP -> If there is not enough RAM, a RAM disk can be used instead: mkdir /dev/shm/logconv, and use this directory for the "-D" value. -s, --sizeLimit <Number of results to return per category> DEFAULT -> 20 -X, --excludeIP <IP address to exclude from connection stats> E.g. Load balancers -v, --version show version of tool Print version of the tool -S, --startTime <time to begin analyzing logfile from> Time to begin analyzing logfile from E.g. [28/Mar/2002:13:14:22 -0800] -E, --endTime <time to stop analyzing logfile> Time to stop analyzing logfile from E.g. [28/Mar/2002:13:24:62 -0800] -M, --reportFileMins <CSV output file> This option creates a CSV report for spreadsheets. -m, --reportFileSecs <CSV output file> This option creates a CSV report for spreadsheets. -B, --bind <ALL | ANONYMOUS | Bind DN > This generates a report based on either ALL bind dn's, anonymous binds, or a specific DN. -V, --verbose <enable verbose output - includes all stats listed below except U> Verbose output -[efcibaltnxgjuU] e Error Code stats f Failed Login Stats c Connection Code Stats i Client Stats b Bind Stats a Search Base Stats l Search Filter Stats t Etime Stats n Nentries Stats x Extended Operations r Most Requested Attribute Stats g Abandoned Operation Stats j Recommendations u Unindexed Search Stats (very detailed) y Connection Latency Stats p Open Connection ID Stats U Unindexed Search Summary USAGE
Examples: logconv.pl -s 10 -V access logconv.pl -d "cn=directory manager" /export/server4/slapd-host/logs/access* logconv.pl -s 50 -ibgju access* logconv.pl -S "[28/Mar/2002:13:14:22 -0800]" -E "[28/Mar/2002:13:50:05 -0800]" -e access AUTHOR
logconv.pl was written by the 389 Project. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to http://bugzilla.redhat.com. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001 Sun Microsystems, Inc. Used by permission. Copyright (C) 2008 Red Hat, Inc. This manual page was written by Michele Baldessari <michele@pupazzo.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). This is free software. You may redistribute copies of it under the terms of the Directory Server license found in the LICENSE file of this software distribution. This license is essentially the GNU General Public License version 2 with an exception for plug-in distribution. May 18, 2008 LOGCONV.PL(1)