Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Revive RAID 0 Array From Buffalo Duo NAS Post 303026461 by hicksd8 on Wednesday 28th of November 2018 06:26:00 AM
Old 11-28-2018
@gull04........I've never come across a RAID controller that can RAID0 a couple of partitions on different disks and, at the same time, mirror (RAID1) other partitions on the same disks. I assume that the RAID0 we're seeing here is as a result of the previous attempt at recreating a RAID0 array.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Percent complete error while scanning RAID array during 5.0.6 load

Percent complete SCO 5.0.6 / No longer an issue (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Henrys
0 Replies

2. AIX

RAID level of array = false?

I created a RAID 5 array and when I list out the attributes of the "hdisk" it reports back raid_level = 5 but the RAID level of the array = false. What does this actually indicate about my array? I've never paid much attention to this until now since I have a disk reporting failure I want to make... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottsl
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Create RAID - Smart Array Tool - ML370

Hi guys, i must install an old old old ml370 server... I must create a RAID 5 with my 4 SCSI disk. I need a SmartStart disk for create it or a Floppy Disk called "Array configuration Tool". I don't find it on the hp website...:mad::mad::mad: Anyone have it?? Thanks in advance. Zio (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zio Bill
0 Replies

4. Solaris

EFI Disk labels on 3510 raid array

Hi Peeps, Can anyone help me an EFI lablel on a 3510 raid array that I cannot get rid of, format -e and label just asks you if you want to label it. Want an SMI label writing to it. Anyone got any ideas on how to remove the EFI label? Thanks in advance Martin (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
2 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Loading a RAID array after OS crash

One of my very old drive farm servers had an OS fault and can't boot now but I'd like to restore some files from it. I tried booting Ubuntu from a CD, but it couldn't see the drives -- possibly because they're RAIDed together. Is there a good way to get at my files? The data in question is a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CRGreathouse
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

missing raid array after reboot

Dear all , i ve configured raid 0 in redhat machine(VM ware), by following steps: #mdadm -C /dev/md0 -l 0 -n 2 /dev/sdb1 /dev/sdc1 #mkfs.ext3 /dev/md0 #mdadm --detail --scan --config=mdadm.conf >/etc/mdadm.conf then mounted the/dev/md0 device and also added a entry in fstab. how... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriniv666
2 Replies

7. Debian

Best RAID settings for Debian Server? Help!! (1+0 or 5 or NAS)

I am installing a Debian Server on a: HP Proliant DL380 G4 Dual CPU's 3.20 ghz / 800 mhz / 1MB L2 5120 MB RAM 6 hard disks on HP Smart Array 6i controller (36.4 GB Ultra320 SCSI HD each) I will be using this server to capture VHS video, encode, compress, cut, edit, make DVD's, rip... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcus Aurelius
0 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Revive Ad Server MySQL Injection Attack

No rest for the weary, a Revive Ad Server I am responsible for experienced a MySQL injection attack due to a vulnerability uncovered in the past few months. I was busy developing Vue.js code for the forums and thought to myself "I will get around to upgrading to Revive 4.2.0 (supposedly the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
LVMDISKSCAN(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    LVMDISKSCAN(8)

NAME
lvmdiskscan - scan for all disks / multiple devices / partitions available SYNOPSIS
lvmdiskscan [-d|--debug] [-h|--help] [-l|--lvmpartitions] [-v|--verbose] DESCRIPTION
To give an overview about online peripherals usable to LVM, lvmdiskscan scans all SCSI, (E)IDE disks, multiple, loop and network block devices in the system and lists them on standard output with name, size and type (text/hex). The size is the real device size, not the size stored in the VGDA (See pvcreate(8) ) for details. OPTIONS -d/--debug Enables additional debugging output (if compiled with DEBUG). -h, --help Print a usage message on standard output and exit successfully. -l, --lvmpartition Gives an overview about all LVM system identified partitions only. -v, --verbose Gives verbose runtime information about lvmdiskscan's activities. DIAGNOSTICS
lvmdiskscan returns an exit code of 0, if disks / multiple devices / partitions where found and > 0 for error: 1 no special files found 2 no disks / multiple devices / disk partitions found 95 driver/module not in kernel 96 invalid I/O protocol version 97 error locking logical volume manager 98 invalid lvmtab (run vgscan(8)) 99 invalid command line See also lvm(8), pvcreate(8), pvdisplay(8), pvscan(8) AUTHOR
Heinz Mauelshagen <Linux-LVM@Sistina.com> Heinz Mauelshagen LVM TOOLS LVMDISKSCAN(8)