Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Replace \n char in Data
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Replace \n char in Data Post 303026205 by RudiC on Wednesday 21st of November 2018 05:05:49 PM
Old 11-21-2018
1) If you tell us how to tell separator pipes from in-field-pipes, then someone could come up with some smart algorithm to handle that.
2) That little command keeps reading / appending new lines until the field count is 17; then: print (default action after "1" (= TRUE)).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace any char with newline char.

Hi, How to replace any character in a file with a newline character using sed .. Ex: To replace ',' with newline Input: abcd,efgh,ijkl,mnop Output: abcd efgh ijkl mnop Thnx in advance. Regards, Sasidhar (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mightysam
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

In vi editor I want to replace next line char by space

in vi editor I want to replace next line char by space help me eg: input: 123 123 123 output: 123 123 123 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace char on text file

Hi , I have problem on replace char on text file #!/bin/bash echo "Enter Third value : " read a sed '2 s/192.160.1.1/cut -d"." -f3/$a/g' tcpip.txt > a.txt I want replace line 2 on tcpip.txt with value a that I input but it's not run Please help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phillipss
2 Replies

4. Programming

I don't know how to replace input char with appropriate integer

Hi guys, I asked for help on programming forums and no one didn't helped me so I ask for help here. I am playing with some tasks from my book and I can't figure where did I get wrong. From the first program I get a blank screen, program won't generate 10*10 matrix. And second problem is I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace all extended char.

Hi Guys, I wand find and replace all Extended ASCII Codes from all my log files. My Log files: /home/Kalr/PPool/Output i have logs file in sub dir. /home/Kalr/PPool/Output/X /home/Kalr/PPool/Output/Y /home/Kalr/PPool/Output/Z My Abc.log file input: Extended ASCII Codes :– ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace char between chars - help needed

Hello, I have a csv file with "^" as text delimiters and "|" as field delimiters. It's converted from a xls file. One record looks like this: ^Tablete Internet^|Archos|501838|^Tableta Internet ARCHOS 80 G9 ...| ... (more lines) ... "501|838"^|330.00|USD|sl|12|0|Link|^router wireless 150... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: go0ogl3
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find char field and replace null

hi, i having a file with | seperated in which i need to search char in 3rd column and replace with null. i need to replace only the coulmn where character occurs in 3rd field for eg: file1.txt xx|yy|xx|12 output file: xx|yy||12 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace Char in XML Base on Condition

HI All Here is my Input file A. I want to add extra char in the line base on below condition. 1> if Below second line is <xn:vsDataType>vsDataEUtranCellFDD</xn:vsDataType> then <xn:VsDataContainer id= will be <xn:VsDataContainer_id_1= 2 > if Below second line is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match a char with duplicates in a line and replace one of them

Hi, i have a huge file that need to check for a pattern that occur more than once in a line like below:- #lkk>cd-m>A0DV0>192.134.1.1 blablabladsdjsk jshdfskfslfs #lqk>cd-m>A1SV0>192.14.11.1 blalalbnalablab balablablajakjakjakja #pldqw>sf-w>PH67FR>168.55.1.1 balablabala... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Replace \n char true line Separator

Unix File is pipe delimited with 17 fields. We may get extra pipes in data also. We may get \n char (1 or more \n in one field or multi fileds) in data in any field. Need to replace \n true ( line separator) with 'space and bell char space' chars (' \a ') Not data \n. Input:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajeshkumare
1 Replies
AUSEARCH_ADD_INTERPRETED_ITEM(3)				  Linux Audit API				  AUSEARCH_ADD_INTERPRETED_ITEM(3)

NAME
ausearch_add_interpreted_item - build up search rule SYNOPSIS
#include <auparse.h> int ausearch_add_interpreted_item(auparse_state_t *au, const char *field, const char *op, const char *value, ausearch_rule_t how); DESCRIPTION
ausearch_add_interpreted_item adds one search condition to the current audit search expression. The search conditions can then be used to scan logs, files, or buffers for something of interest. The field value is the field name that the value will be checked for. The op vari- able describes what kind of check is to be done. Legal op values are: exists just check that a field name exists = locate the field name and check that the value associated with it is equal to the value given in this rule. != locate the field name and check that the value associated with it is NOT equal to the value given in this rule. The value parameter is compared to the interpreted field value (the value that would be returned by auparse_interpret_field(3)). The how value determines how this search condition will affect the existing search expression if one is already defined. The possible val- ues are: AUSEARCH_RULE_CLEAR Clear the current search expression, if any, and use only this search condition. AUSEARCH_RULE_OR If a search expression E is already configured, replace it by (E || this_search_condition). AUSEARCH_RULE_AND If a search expression E is already configured, replace it by (E && this_search_condition). RETURN VALUE
Returns -1 if an error occurs; otherwise, 0 for success. SEE ALSO
ausearch_add_expression(3), ausearch_add_item(3), ausearch_add_timestamp_item(3), ausearch_add_regex(3), ausearch_set_stop(3), ause- arch_clear(3), ausearch_next_event(3), ausearch-expression(5). AUTHOR
Steve Grubb Red Hat Nov 2007 AUSEARCH_ADD_INTERPRETED_ITEM(3)