Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Insert a column in the beginning Post 303026121 by sidnow on Tuesday 20th of November 2018 12:16:10 PM
Old 11-20-2018
Thanks for the reply, however this would insert one row and the different columns.

I have it as space delimited columns as the raw file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert two strings at the beginning and at the end of each line of a file

Hi, excuse me for my poor english. My problem is that: I have a File i want to add to each line of that file two strings: one at the beginning of the line, one at the ending. string1="abcd" string2="efgh" i want $string1 content $string2 for each line. Is that possible? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux-fueled
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to insert text(constant) at the beginning of file

I am very new to scripting and I know this request is simple but I am having no luck with it. I have a file a.dat with the following data in it. aa bb cc dd I need to run a script that will take each line of a.dat and put dsjc/ubin/ in front of each record, so the output looks like ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jclanc8
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED - insert space at the beginning of line and multi replace command

hi I am trying to use SED to replace the line matching a pattern using the command sed 'pattern c\ new line ' <file1 >file 2 I got two questions 1. how do I insert a blank space at the beginning of new line? 2. how do I use this command to execute multiple command using the -e... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: piynik
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert at the beginning of odd lines

Hello people, I am trying with sed to insert some text at the beginning of each odd line of a file but no luck. Can you please help. Awk is also suitable but I am not very familiar with it. Thank you in advance for any help. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert output from a file to beginning of line with sed

Hi I've been trying to search but couldn't quite get the answer I was looking for. I have a a file that's like this Time, 9/1/12 0:00, 1033 0:10, 1044 ... 23:50, 1050 How do I make it so the file will be like this? 9/1/12, 0:00, 1033 9/1/12, 0:10, 1044 ... 9/1/12, 23:50, 1050 I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: diesel88
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

One of the awk column spilling on the new line from beginning

I am having a problem where the Compute field/column is spilling over to the new line. Here's the piece of code and the o/p:- Code Sniplet:- for id in `qstat -u "*" -q "$Queue" -s r |sed -n '3,$ p'|awk -F" " '{print $1}'` do NODELIST=`cat /scratch/$id.hostlist.*|awk -F" " '{print $1,$2}'|tr '... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: grish
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert data in first column(if blank) from previous line first column

Dear Team I need to insert field(which is need to taken from previous line's first field) in first column if its blank. I had tried using sed but not find the way. Detail input and output file as below. Kindly help for same. INPUT: SCGR SC DEV DEV1 NUMDEV DCP ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert text at the beginning of every even number line

i am trying to insert text at the beginning of every even number line with awk i can do it with odd number lines with this command awk 'NR%2{$0="some text "$0}1' filehow can i edit this command thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bob123
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to insert data into black column( Secound Column ) in excel (.XLSX) file using shell script?

Source Code of the original script is down below please run the script and try to solve this problem this is my data and I want it column wise 2019-03-20 13:00:00:000 2019-03-20 15:00:00:000 1 Operating System LAB 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 1 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shubham1182
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to use sed to insert character in the beginning of file path?

I need to manipulate one Database file on Solaris 11 in which contains more than 5000 lines of data file path like this: '/data1/oradata/DBNAME/system01.dbf', '/data7/oradata/DBNAME/undotbs1_01.dbf', '/data1/oradata/DBNAME/sysaux01.dbf', '/data28/oradata/DBNAME/userdata01.dbf', ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
6 Replies
DB2_FIELD_NAME(3)							 1							 DB2_FIELD_NAME(3)

db2_field_name - Returns the name of the column in the result set

SYNOPSIS
string db2_field_name (resource $stmt, mixed $column) DESCRIPTION
Returns the name of the specified column in the result set. PARAMETERS
o $stmt - Specifies a statement resource containing a result set. o $column - Specifies the column in the result set. This can either be an integer representing the 0-indexed position of the column, or a string containing the name of the column. RETURN VALUES
Returns a string containing the name of the specified column. If the specified column does not exist in the result set, db2_field_name(3) returns FALSE. SEE ALSO
db2_field_display_size(3), db2_field_num(3), db2_field_precision(3), db2_field_scale(3), db2_field_type(3), db2_field_width(3). PHP Documentation Group DB2_FIELD_NAME(3)