Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX 7.1 gcc 4.8.5 issue
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users AIX 7.1 gcc 4.8.5 issue Post 303026069 by yahia on Monday 19th of November 2018 10:22:23 AM
Old 11-19-2018
hi Gull
i uncomment it but still have the same error

Code:
Debut compilation
make: 1254-002 Cannot find a rule to create target clean from dependencies.
Stop.
checking for chosen layout... Apache
checking for working mkdir -p... yes
checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /usr/bin/grep
checking for egrep... /usr/bin/grep -E
checking build system type... powerpc-ibm-aix7.1.0.0
checking host system type... powerpc-ibm-aix7.1.0.0
checking target system type... powerpc-ibm-aix7.1.0.0
configure:
configure: Configuring Apache Portable Runtime library...
configure:
configuring package in srclib/apr now
checking build system type... powerpc-ibm-aix7.1.0.0
checking host system type... powerpc-ibm-aix7.1.0.0
checking target system type... powerpc-ibm-aix7.1.0.0
Configuring APR library
Platform: powerpc-ibm-aix7.1.0.0
checking for working mkdir -p... yes
APR Version: 1.5.2
checking for chosen layout... apr
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler works... no
configure: error: in `/appli/deltasrv/tmp/httpd-2.4.25/srclib/apr':
configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details
configure failed for srclib/apr
make: make 1254-025 There must be an existing description file or specify a target.
Make apache abnormal completion

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use CODE tags for full line and multi-line sample input, output, and code segments. Use ICODE tags for partial line input, output, and code segments.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

gcc compiler on AIX 5.2

Does anybody know a web site where I could download gcc for AIX 5.2 (I've downloaded gcc 3.2 from http://www.bullfreeware.com/, but it doesn't work)? Thanks a lot for your answers. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SMISS
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX 5.3 gcc compiler

Hi there I've got a problem getting my mysql libraries to work. every time I compile my source code it gives my a compiler error. Cannot find a rule to create target /usr/include/mysql/mysql.h AND /usr/include/mysql/mysql.h: Permission denied Is anyone fimiliar with this error, and can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cipher#1
0 Replies

3. AIX

AIX 5.3 gcc compiler

Hi there I've got a problem getting my mysql libraries to work. every time I compile my source code it gives my a compiler error. Cannot find a rule to create target /usr/include/mysql/mysql.h AND /usr/include/mysql/mysql.h: Permission denied Is anyone fimiliar with this error, and can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cipher#1
1 Replies

4. AIX

gcc with AIX 4.3

hi, i need to install a source code from an open source on AIX 4.3. but first i need to install gcc. is gcc going to screw up AIX 4.3? the box is doing heavy legacy stuff with engine and db2 on it. and over 200 users. any comment would be appreciated. thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
9 Replies

5. Linux

GCC compiler issue on redhat4.5

Hi all, I am using gcc4.1.1 on redhat4.5 and when i rethrow an exception and I am catching it .. The application aborts and throws the following error message to stdout - the error that's been thrown is been caught but never gets that far as it falls over on throw statement Has anyone ever... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nano2
0 Replies

6. AIX

Compile gcc on AIX 5.2

I'm trying to compile gcc 3.4.6 on AIX 5.2 but I get this error: bison -t --name-prefix=java_ -o java/parse.c java/parse.y M4sugar requires GNU M4. Install it before installing M4sugar or set the M4 environment variable to its path name.make: *** Broken pipe gcc -c -g -O2 -DIN_GCC -W... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: untamed
7 Replies

7. AIX

problems with gcc on AIX 4.33

I just installed gcc on AIX 4.33, and I am having some problems with compiling a simple hello world program. See output below for the issue. The "standards.h" file is not on my system and I don't know where to get it. Thanks in advance for your help! # gcc -v Reading specs from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhall
2 Replies

8. AIX

Gcc for AIX

Hi, I am working with AIX5.3 and I downloaded the gcc-4.2.4.tar.bz2 from the site and when I am trying to un-tar it.It is throwing error-- Please help me to resolve it. Thanks in Advance.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
6 Replies

9. AIX

Upgrading AIX 5.2 to AIX 6.1 - GCC compatibility

Hi All, We are in the processing of upgrading our AIX server OS from 5.2.0.0 to 6.1. And we have a set of highly critical running C applications in AIX box. I have a question like whether this upgradation of OS will affect any C code compilation and C runtime enviornment... how does AIX 6.1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthikc
1 Replies

10. Programming

Gcc 4.5.8 on AIX 7.1 issue

after migrate our AIX server from 6.1 to 7.1 , we insalled c compilator with rpm files Server:root:/ > rpm -qa | grep gcc libgcc-4.8.5-1 gcc-cpp-4.8.5-1 gcc-4.8.5-1 gcc-c++-4.8.5-1 but whene we proceed to compile a c programm we have this error exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahia
2 Replies
BOS_SETAUTH(8)						       AFS Command Reference						    BOS_SETAUTH(8)

NAME
bos_setauth - Sets authorization checking requirements for all server processes SYNOPSIS
bos setauth -server <machine name> -authrequired (on | off) [-cell <cell name>] [-noauth] [-localauth] [-help] bos seta -s <machine name> -a (on | off) [-c <cell name>] [-n] [-l] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The bos setauth command enables or disables authorization checking on the server machine named by the -server argument. When authorization checking is enabled (the normal case), the AFS server processes running on the machine verify that the issuer of a command meets its privilege requirements. When authorization checking is disabled, server processes perform any action for anyone, including the unprivileged user "anonymous"; this security exposure precludes disabling of authorization checking except during installation or emergencies. To indicate to the server processes that authorization checking is disabled, the BOS Server creates the zero-length file /var/lib/openafs/local/NoAuth on its local disk. All AFS server processes constantly monitor for the NoAuth file's presence and do not check for authorization when it is present. The BOS Server removes the file when this command is used to re-enable authorization checking. CAUTIONS
Do not create the NoAuth file directly, except when directed by instructions for dealing with emergencies (doing so requires being logged in as the local superuser "root"). Use this command instead. OPTIONS
-server <machine name> Indicates the server machine on which to enable or disable authorization checking. Identify the machine by IP address or its host name (either fully-qualified or abbreviated unambiguously). For details, see bos(8). -authrequired (on | off) Enables authorization checking if the value is "on", or disables it if the value is "off". -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8). -noauth Assigns the unprivileged identity "anonymous" to the issuer. Do not combine this flag with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8). -localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The bos command interpreter presents the ticket to the BOS Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell or -noauth options. For more details, see bos(8). -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following example disables authorization checking on the machine "fs7.abc.com": % bos setauth -server fs7.abc.com -authrequired off PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must be listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on the machine named by the -server argument, or must be logged onto a server machine as the local superuser "root" if the -localauth flag is included. SEE ALSO
KeyFile(5), NoAuth(5), UserList(5), bos(8), bos_restart(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BOS_SETAUTH(8)