Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Turning jQuery Code into Vue.js Post 303025683 by Neo on Friday 9th of November 2018 09:42:16 AM
Old 11-09-2018
Update:

After looking into this; it seems that it's not really in the design of Vue.js to bind and react to Javascript variables outside the Vue instance sandbox.

No big deal... we can manage without this capability and indeed, as Scott has pointed out to me, there are probably good security reasons for this design (Vue.js as a sandbox).

However, in the interest of being complete, I asked this question over at the Vue forums:

Bind Vue.js variable to external Javascript variable for reactivity - Get Help - Vue Forum

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

JQuery and CSS Flex Code for Responsive WOL Page

I have just wrote this jQuery to the WOL page, so the table of users on line will not need scrollbars and will instead transform into a responsive table: <script> jQuery(document).ready(function (){ jQuery("#neo-who-flex-tcat"). css({"display":"flex","flex-flow":"row wrap", ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

JQuery and CSS Flex Code for Responsive Forum Home Page

So far, I have completed making the home page more responsive (except for the forum stats at the top and the WOL box at the bottom, they still use scroll bars). xevV3_iZ8-s For full screen use the link below and set your YT resolution to 1080p60 HD https://youtu.be/xevV3_iZ8-s Here is... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

JQuery to Add Code Tags to Selected Text

Hey. Someone find or write some jQuery code where we can select text with our mouse and then click or double click the highlighted / selected text and then it will wrap code tags around the highlighted text (in our editors). :) (0 Replies)
0 Replies

4. Web Development

Simple Vue.js Component to Redirect to External Web Page Using Vue Router

Vue Router has some quirks and on of the quirks is that it is not reliable when adding external links using the vue-router library. After struggling with many solutions, I have found that creating a simple Vue.js component like this one seems to work the best (so far): Component Example: ... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

5. Web Development

Vue JS 2 Tutorial by The Net Ninja: A Recommended Vue.js Video Tutorial Series

A number of people have asked me how to get started with Vue.js and my reply before today was to Google "Vue.js". That has changed and my recommendation to anyone who wants to learn the fastest growing, easiest to learn and use Vue.js web dev framework is to watch this video tutorial series: ... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

6. Web Development

Vue.js component: Beautiful code highlighter

Sooner than later I will render forum discussions in Vue.js to complement the standard way of showing forum threads. Today, I ran across this component, vue-code-highlight Beautiful code syntax highlighting as Vue.js component. https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums225-picture1199.jpg ... (1 Reply)
1 Replies
RUNKIT_SANDBOX_PARENT(3)						 1						  RUNKIT_SANDBOX_PARENT(3)

Runkit_Sandbox_Parent - Runkit Anti-Sandbox Class

SYNOPSIS
void Runkit_Sandbox_Parent::__construct (void ) DESCRIPTION
Instantiating the Runkit_Sandbox_Parent class from within a sandbox environment created from the Runkit_Sandbox class provides some (con- trolled) means for a sandbox child to access its parent. Note Sandbox support (required for runkit_lint(3), runkit_lint_file(3), and the Runkit_Sandbox class) is only available as of PHP 5.1.0 or specially patched versions of PHP 5.0, and requires that thread safety be enabled. See the README file included in the runkit package for more information. In order for any of the Runkit_Sandbox_Parent features to function. Support must be enabled on a per-sandbox basis by enabling the par- ent_access flag from the parent's context. Example #1 Working with variables in a sandbox <?php $sandbox = new Runkit_Sandbox(); $sandbox['parent_access'] = true; ?> ACCESSING THE PARENT'S VARIABLES Just as with sandbox variable access, a sandbox parent's variables may be read from and written to as properties of the Runkit_Sand- box_Parent class. Read access to parental variables may be enabled with the parent_read setting (in addition to the base parent_access set- ting). Write access, in turn, is enabled through the parent_write setting. Unlike sandbox child variable access, the variable scope is not limited to globals only. By setting the parent_scope setting to an appro- priate integer value, other scopes in the active call stack may be inspected instead. A value of 0 (Default) will direct variable access at the global scope. 1 will point variable access at whatever variable scope was active at the time the current block of sandbox code was exe- cuted. Higher values progress back through the functions that called the functions that led to the sandbox executing code that tried to access its own parent's variables. Example #2 Accessing parental variables <?php $php = new Runkit_Sandbox(); $php['parent_access'] = true; $php['parent_read'] = true; $test = "Global"; $php->eval('$PARENT = new Runkit_Sandbox_Parent;'); $php['parent_scope'] = 0; one(); $php['parent_scope'] = 1; one(); $php['parent_scope'] = 2; one(); $php['parent_scope'] = 3; one(); $php['parent_scope'] = 4; one(); $php['parent_scope'] = 5; one(); function one() { $test = "one()"; two(); } function two() { $test = "two()"; three(); } function three() { $test = "three()"; $GLOBALS['php']->eval('var_dump($PARENT->test);'); } ?> The above example will output: string(6) "Global" string(7) "three()" string(5) "two()" string(5) "one()" string(6) "Global" string(6) "Global" CALLING THE PARENT'S FUNCTIONS Just as with sandbox access, a sandbox may access its parents functions providing that the proper settings have been enabled. Enabling parent_call will allow the sandbox to call all functions available to the parent scope. Language constructs are each controlled by their own setting: print(3) and echo(3) are enabled with parent_echo. die(3) and exit(3) are enabled with parent_die. eval(3) is enabled with parent_eval while include(3), include_once(3), require(3), and require_once(3) are enabled through parent_include. PHP Documentation Group RUNKIT_SANDBOX_PARENT(3)