Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Connecting remote SSH server which OSS lib to choose ? Post 303025475 by umen on Saturday 3rd of November 2018 04:36:40 AM
Old 11-03-2018
Connecting remote SSH server which OSS lib to choose ?

Hey
i want to be able to write simple SSH client to be able to connect to SSH server and invoke remote SSH command
i found libssh and libssh2 and the old openSSh , what is the best and most supported library to choose from ?
i need it to be cross platform .
Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to remote unix server using java?

I need help writing java code that can connect to a remote unix server, and run a script on that server. I have scoured the internet, but I have been unable to find proper documentation on how this can be accomplished. Any help is appreciated thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: developncode
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH Remote Server issue

I have a script that connects to remote servers using a public key. Some of the servers are not set up for the public key and I receive the following when I attempt to ssh: The authenticity of host 'XXX' can't be established. RSA key fingerprint is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: la_womn
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting other server using ssh!

Hi All, Here i am having a problem in my script....:) i have one script which will connect from my linux box to antoher linux box.. let say...currently i am in 55.23.621.123 and i want to connect to another box which is 55.23.621.118 as we know we can connect using ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shahul
2 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Connecting to a remote server

Hi, I have an interesting problem. I cannot connect to a personal server I set up. What's interesting is that I can connect to it from the LAN using its non-local IP address. However, I cannot seem to connect to it from anywhere else. Here's how my server is set up: My entire home has a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Altay_H
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[solved] SSH connecting to one server but failed in another

Hello I have connected to a remote server via ssh but its not working now ,but the same method I applied in another server and its working fine now Below are the logs For Successfully connected server debug1: Authentications that can continue:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to ssh to remote server

Hi All, I need to prepare a script. Description: Currently i am in server "x(ubuntu os)", here i need to develop a script to ssh to another server "y(ubuntu os)", i have password less authentication to "y". i have done the below #!/bin/bash #ssh to the server "y" and confirming i am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar85shiv
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to ssh to remote server

Hi, I have two SunOs sparc servers mac1 and mac2. I have exchanged keys between them inorder to passwordless login ssh from mac1 to mac2. However, it is failing after authentication. Part of the debug is as below. Please suggest whats wrong and how do i fix that!! Note: i do not have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why does SSH store the fingerprints of remote host when connecting for the first time?

I was wondering why does ssh store the fingerprints of remote host when connecting for the first time? I will appreciate a detailed response, can't figure it out. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChiefGandalf
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi server access through remote server using ssh

Team, Presently I have 5 ip address kept in ip_abc1 file, for each of the ip address listed, i need to login on each ipaddress one at a time and login as below for that specific ip address ssh -p 8101 karaf@<ip.address_for the specific ip address as logged in> password features:list... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: whizkidash
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error when connecting to remote server to find files with timestamp today's day

I am connecting to remote server and try to check if files with timestamp as Today's day are on the directory. Below is my code TARFILE=${NAME}.tar TARGZFILE=${NAME}.tar.gz ssh ${DESTSERVNAME} 'cd /export/home/iciprod/download/let/monthly; Today=`date +%Y%m%d`; if ;then echo "We... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
1 Replies
libssh2_channel_forward_listen_ex(3)				  libssh2 manual			      libssh2_channel_forward_listen_ex(3)

NAME
libssh2_channel_forward_listen_ex - listen to inbound connections SYNOPSIS
#include <libssh2.h> LIBSSH2_LISTENER * libssh2_channel_forward_listen_ex(LIBSSH2_SESSION *session, char *host, int port, int *bound_port, int queue_maxsize); LIBSSH2_LISTENER * libssh2_channel_forward_listen(LIBSSH2_SESSION *session, int port); DESCRIPTION
Instruct the remote SSH server to begin listening for inbound TCP/IP connections. New connections will be queued by the library until accepted by libssh2_channel_forward_accept(3). session - instance as returned by libssh2_session_init(). host - specific address to bind to on the remote host. Binding to 0.0.0.0 (default when NULL is passed) will bind to all available addresses. port - port to bind to on the remote host. When 0 is passed, the remote host will select the first available dynamic port. bound_port - Populated with the actual port bound on the remote host. Useful when requesting dynamic port numbers. queue_maxsize - Maximum number of pending connections to queue before rejecting further attempts. libssh2_channel_forward_listen(3) is a macro. RETURN VALUE
A newly allocated LIBSSH2_LISTENER instance or NULL on failure. ERRORS
LIBSSH2_ERROR_ALLOC - An internal memory allocation call failed. LIBSSH2_ERROR_SOCKET_SEND - Unable to send data on socket. LIBSSH2_ERROR_PROTO - An invalid SSH protocol response was received on the socket. LIBSSH2_ERROR_REQUEST_DENIED - The remote server refused the request. LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN - Marked for non-blocking I/O but the call would block. SEE ALSO
libssh2_channel_forward_accept(3) libssh2 0.15 1 Jun 2007 libssh2_channel_forward_listen_ex(3)