Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: System V printing filter
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting System V printing filter Post 303025466 by jgt on Friday 2nd of November 2018 06:36:50 PM
Old 11-02-2018
I think if you add the following code:
Code:
    :filter=/mydir/filter/myfilter

at line 9 of the printcap file.

Then create a /mydir/filter/myfilter script in sh/ksh
Code:
save="N"
while read line
do
     if [ "$save" = "N" ]
     then
         m=`echo $line|cut -c1-6`
         if [ "a$m" = "aManual" ]
        then
            save="Y"
       fi
   fi
if [ "$save" = "Y" ]
then
    echo "$line"
fi
done

This User Gave Thanks to jgt For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to configure the lp system to filter files passed to it

I registered a printer hp123 on Sun Solaris Server. I think my printer is expecting a carriage return and linefeed combination at the end of each line (DOS standard), but unix files only have linefeeds at the end of each line. How can I configure the lp system to filter files passed to it?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: simt
1 Replies

2. AIX

printing system with the command lp -d

Hello.. Plz, Any one can help me ? when I execute a printing system with the command lp -d<name of printer>, no result with all printers. I have verified the three processes : qdaemon, lpd, writesrv (No problem). thank's (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: okbainf
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

">" used in system() is not printing into file

I have a problem with the following skript in awk. cat runde.txt |awk '{ if ($5==2) { dataname_v=$1 "_" $4 "_adjust.rad befehl1="gensurf seitenwand... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: ergy1983
17 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris printing system migration

Hello folks, I'm currently working on migration of printing system from one server to another (namely from Sol 9 to Sol 10). I would like ask if is possible to manage migration via simple copying /etc/printers.conf file and folder /etc/lp to the new server??? I'm not sure if printers... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brusell
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter ONLY lines with non-printing charaters

I have a file contains data with non-printing characters. i have used cat -v filename to display whole data with non-printing characters also. However, i need lines with non-printing characters into seperate file. My file is huge and looks like i have to manully find lines using cat -v filename |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JSKOBS
3 Replies
thailpof(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       thailpof(8)

NAME
thailpof - Generic filter for printing Thai text files SYNOPSIS
/usr/lbin/thailpof [-c] [-h host] [-H] [-i indent] [-l length] [-n login] [-P printer_id] [-S] [-w width] [accounting_file] OPTIONS
Prints control characters. Specifies the host name of the job owner. This name can contain Thai characters. Enables half-height printing mode. In printers without a one-pass printing mode, Thai characters are printed on 3 levels, or 3 lines. When half-height printing mode is enabled, the 3 levels are printed in 1.5 lines, which improves the appearance of output. The cost of this improvement is slower print- ing speed. Specifies the amount of indentation. The default value is no (no indentation). Specifies the page length in lines. The default value is 22. Specifies the login name of the job owner. This name can contain Thai characters. Specifies the printer ID in the format that conforms to the Wototo Specification. This format is [bb][mm][nn] where: Is the brand ID, representing the brand of the printer. Is the model ID, representing the model of the printer. Is the code ID, specifying the character code used by the printer. Enables space- compensation mode. Many of the existing tools for text alignment cannot handle nonspacing characters properly. When printing output from such tools, enabling space-compensation mode improves alignment of output text. Specifies the page width in columns. The default value is 80. OPERANDS
Specifies the file to record accounting information. DESCRIPTION
The thailpof filter is a generic print filter for Thai text files. The filter handles the device dependencies of printers and performs accounting functions. At print job completion times, accounting records are written to the file specified by the af field in /etc/print- cap. The filter can handle plain text files and files that have been preprocessed by nroff. Either kind of file can contain Thai characters. The thailpof filter translates nroff control sequences for underlining, superscripting, and subscripting into the proper control sequences for the printer. The thailpof filter can be the specified filter in both the of and the if fields in the /etc/printcap file. For a description of these fields, see printcap(4). To print Thai characters on the flag page using 3-pass mode, you must specify /usr/lbin/thailpof in the of field of the /etc/printcap file. In 3-pass mode, however, the flag page is not printed on one page. Therefore, if you do not plan to print Thai characters on the flag page, or if you are using one-pass mode, do not specify /usr/lbin/thailpof in the of field. NOTES
The lpr command supports a number of options and associated arguments to enable localization features supported by various printers. The following can be used with the thailpof filter: To specify one-and-a-half line printing To enable space-compensation mode. To specify the pathname of the character code table For a complete description of this option and its associated arguments or values, refer to lpr(1). ERRORS
The lf field (default value is /dev/null) in the /etc/printcap file specifies the name of the error log. SEE ALSO
Commands: lpr(1), pr(1), lpd(8), pac(8) Files: printcap(4) Others: i18n_printing(5) thailpof(8)