Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ksh scripting SSH to Compare File Sizes Post 303025340 by ctsgnb on Wednesday 31st of October 2018 05:27:56 AM
Old 10-31-2018
You should build a function that do what you want.

Then loop over the servers with a "while" or a "for" instruction and call that function.

You should also choose whether you want to hold this server list into a config file or a variable.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare file sizes

Is there a command that will return the name of the largest file within a directory? If so, can I set the returned filename into a variable? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: joli
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

to compare total directory structure and get sizes of all f on two different servers

Hello every one, Iam newbie to this forum and shell programming &scripting. i needed to compare each and every folder of two separate servers. Actually I have copied some directory structure from one server to second server, to build on second server the files all should be copied... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mannam srinivas
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to compare file sizes

hi ls -l * | sed 's/\+/ /g' | cut -f5 -d " " >out1 ls -l * | sed 's/\+/ /g' | cut -f5 -d " " >out2 diff out1 out2 i tried this it will work fine and i can see difference but i need a script which should neglect, if the difference b/w files is small and it should display... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: revenna
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH: Compare variable to $1 in an input file

Hello, I am working with KSH on AIX and I have 2 files generated from different sources... as seen below: FILE1 FILE2 AAA AAA@ABS0001C BBB BBB@ABS0003D CCC CCC@ABS0023A DDD DDD@ABC0145D EEE EEE@ABS0090A FFF FFF@ABS0002A GGG GGG@ABC0150D HHH FILE1 is main main data source,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

compare file percent sizes

I need to get a file size and compare it to a previous day file size. If it's larger or smaller by 50 percent I'll replace the new with the old. I know how to get the file sizes but do not know how to calculate if it's 50 percent difference. Thanks for your help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkuchar747
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare two file sizes.

Hi everyone! I need to compare two file sizes. One of them (size) will be stored in a flat file and the other coming from a listed file. I can now get the first file size using: SIZE=`ls -l $DOCTYPE | awk '{print $5}'` 1. How can I store this value in a flat file? 2. How... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrreds
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to compare file sizes

I need to write a bash script larger X Y that compares the sizes of two specified files X and Y, and reports which file is larger. For example, if X is larger, the output should be "File X is larger", while if Y is larger, the output should be "File Y is larger". If the files are exactly the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: julia_21436
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using csh / awk / sed to compare database sizes in a txt file

Hello, I have an output file showing database sizes across the 3 environments that I use (LIVE, TEST & DEVELOPMENT). I am trying to write a script that lets me know if the size of a db on one environment is different to its corresponding db on the other environments. Here is an example... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevie_g
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ksh scripting, skip server if asks for password with SSH

Hi, I am running a script that connets to a list of servers with SSH and runs a command but I have some servers that are asking for password (authorized keys is not configured properly). Is there any way to do so that if I get a prompt for password just skip that entry? my script: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: galuzan
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ksh: how compare content of a file with an other array

Hi, I created a skript in ksh which generate a file with semicolon as separator, this is an example of the file a created: example content file: hello;AAAA;2014-08-17 hello;BBBB;2014-08-17 hello;CCCC;2014-08-17 I would need to compare the content in of the second column of this file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmartin
3 Replies
CONFIG.GUESS(1) 						   User Commands						   CONFIG.GUESS(1)

NAME
config.guess - guess the build system triplet SYNOPSIS
config.guess [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
The GNU build system distinguishes three types of machines, the `build' machine on which the compilers are run, the `host' machine on which the package being built will run, and, exclusively when you build a compiler, assembler etc., the `target' machine, for which the compiler being built will produce code. This script will guess the type of the `build' machine. Output the configuration name of the system `config.guess' is run on. Operation modes: -h, --help print this help, then exit -t, --time-stamp print date of last modification, then exit -v, --version print version number, then exit ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
config.guess might need to compile and run C code, hence it needs a compiler for the `build' machine: use the environment variable `CC_FOR_BUILD' to specify the compiler for the build machine. If `CC_FOR_BUILD' is not specified, `CC' will be used. Be sure to specify `CC_FOR_BUILD' is `CC' is a cross-compiler to the `host' machine. CC_FOR_BUILD a native C compiler, defaults to `cc' CC a native C compiler, the previous variable is preferred REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs and patches to <config-patches@gnu.org>. Originally written by Per Bothner. Copyright 1992-2016 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
autoconf(1), automake(1), autoreconf(1), autoupdate(1), autoheader(1), autoscan(1), config.guess(1), config.sub(1), ifnames(1), libtool(1). GNU Autoconf 2.69 August 2017 CONFIG.GUESS(1)