Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File manipulation
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File manipulation Post 303024788 by rdrtx1 on Tuesday 16th of October 2018 04:58:56 PM
Old 10-16-2018
Code:
awk 'NR==40 {l=$0; next}; 1 ; NR==41 {print l}' infile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

need help with file manipulation

I've been able to open and write data to files but I need to know how to search a file for a hex string and replace it. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: angelfly
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

file manipulation best way ?

Hi , i would convert the following file V M BOURSE EMPLOI mail/mail-03/dfr-dc.nsf V M DelSpam mail/mail-04/celine_bet.nsf like that : mail/mail-03/dfr-dc.nsf;BOURSE EMPLOI mail/mail-20/celine_bet.nsf;DelSpam the second field ( ex:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nicol
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with file manipulation

I need help manipulating text in a file. I am wanting to know a way to shell (ksh)script-edit a file by having a script that searches for a specific string, and then input lines of text in the file before that specific string, without deleting any of the other text in the file. I got this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxRacr
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Manipulation

Hi, i have a file with fixed record length with the following content (only one sentence) 12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890 12345678 87654321 hugo meyer friedhofpaul the numbers above are only the column-positions and not part of the file! Now i want... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FranzB
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file manipulation help please

Hi there, I've trawled all over the web for help, and although seen some examples of what i want to do, I cannot seem to get it to work. I need to have this as a script. If anyone can help, I would like to do the following: I have 2 files, File A and File B. I would like to keep file A but... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lazerlyte
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File manipulation

Legends, Please help me to get the following I have a file abc.txt with the following contents 12 13 14 15 And, i want to get the output to a variable like below 12,13,14,15 .... How do i do this? Regards, san Please use code tags when posting data and code samples! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

value in file - manipulation

Hi Forum. I have the following 2 files: edw_mf_bypass_msg.txt and EDW_server.cfg. edw_mf_bypass_msg.txt - File#1 contains the following text To EDW Support: This is an automatic email sent from var_hostname. Please note that the Mutual Fund load did not run today due to previous... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filtering records from 1 file based on some manipulation doen on second file

Hi, I am looking for an awk script which should help me to meet the following requirement: File1 has records in following format INF: FAILEd RECORD AB1234 INF: FAILEd RECORD PQ1145 INF: FAILEd RECORD AB3215 INF: FAILEd RECORD AB6114 ............................ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mintu41
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to convert a text file to CSV file with some string manipulation

Hi , I have a simple text file with contents as below: 12345678900 971,76 4234560890 22345678900 5971,72 5234560990 32345678900 71,12 6234560190 the new csv-file should be like: Column1;Column2;Column3;Column4;Column5 123456;78900;971,76;423456;0890... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: FreddyDaKing
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Populating File data with custom manipulation on file names

Hi, I am confused how to proceed firther please find the problem below: Input Files: DCIA_GEOG_DATA_OCEAN.TXT DCIA_GEOG_DATA_MCRO.TXT DCIA_GEOG_DATA_CVAS.TXT DCIA_GEOG_DATA_MCR.TXT Output File Name: MMA_RFC_GEOG_NAM_DIM_LOD.txt Sample Record(DCIA_GEOG_DATA_OCEAN.TXT):(Layout same for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun Mishra
4 Replies
Manipulator(3U) 					    InterViews Reference Manual 					   Manipulator(3U)

NAME
Manipulator - base class for defining direct-manipulation semantics SYNOPSIS
#include <Unidraw/manip.h> DESCRIPTION
Tools use manipulator objects to encapsulate the mechanics of direct manipulation. Manipulators turn user input events into an animation sequence that characterize the manipulation. Manipulators abstract the manipulation into three phases: the grasping phase, which occurs at the start of the manipulation and lets the manipulator initialize state it will need in later phases; the manipulating phase, during which the manipulator accepts input events and generates graphical output that characterizes successive frames of the animation; and finally the effect phase, which occurs at the end of the manipulation and lets the manipulator finalize its state. Manipulator is an abstract base class. Subclasses support different manipulation semantics. MANIPULATOR PUBLIC OPERATIONS
virtual void Grasp(Event&) Grasp is called once at the beginning of direct manipulation to allow the manipulator to initialize its internal state based on the initiating event. virtual boolean Manipulating(Event&) Manipulating is called repeatedly during the manipulation whenever a new event arrives, until it returns false. Each call to Manip- ulating should produce a new frame of the animation that characterizes the manipulation. virtual void Effect(Event&) Effect is called once at the end of direct manipulation to allow the manipulator to finalize its internal state based on the last event supplied to the Manipulating operation. virtual void SetViewer(Viewer*) virtual Viewer* GetViewer() virtual void SetTool(Tool*) virtual Tool* GetTool() Get and set the viewer, in which the manipulator generates graphical output, and the tool that created the manipulator. These oper- ations do nothing by default; subclasses that require this information must redefine these operations to assign and retrieve the state they require. MANIPULATOR PROTECTED OPERATIONS
Manipulator() The constructor is protected to disallow instantiation of abstract base class objects. SEE ALSO
Event(3I), Tool(3U), Viewer(3U) Unidraw 1 August 1990 Manipulator(3U)