Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Putting an old hd in a new computer Post 303024437 by jgt on Monday 8th of October 2018 05:40:13 PM
Old 10-08-2018
In addition to the above, you should also check the CMOS settings to make sure that the disk geometry matches the old computer.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Putting pC on network

How do I put a my PC with linux 7.0 on a class B network. Can someone give me info or text that will guide me? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rush
1 Replies

2. Programming

Putting breakpoint on core

Any one tried puting breakpoint while debugging a core file? I have been using a gdb for running it.. But unsuccessful to put a breakpoint before executing it. Any sugestion or tool for doing it would be welcomed.. Thanks :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyotipg
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

putting a timestamp in a file

I was sure there was a way to put a timestamp ina logfile but I can't seem to figure out how. What I would like to do is after the last messages in the rptmgr.err log is put a timestamp so I know the next time I look whats new. I am using AIX 5.1 any help will great Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocker40
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Putting Wallpaper on the Desktop

How do I put wallpaper from the internet on the Unix desktop? For example, I want to know how to perform the same operation as "right click-> Set as Wallpaper" on a graphics on a web page, in Windows. Thanks! :rolleyes: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pireifej
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putting a character between two other characters?

I need to separate Pascal style identifiers (TheyLookLikeThis) into words separated by an underscore (_). I've tried sed 's//&_&/' but this won't work (obviously). I'd love some help. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ilja
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

putting Linux on an old windows PC

Hello, I was just reading around these forums when I had an idea, without being able to really answer my question for myself due to some circumstances, so hopefully someone can give me a hand. I have an old desktop PC that has served me very well. I got an Asus G73JH though, so I mostly used the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Patriots12
2 Replies

7. Programming

putting numbers behind eachother

I want to make a program where you have to insert binary numbers like this: do { iBinary = getche(); }while(iBinary == 1 || iBinary == 0); after you get the numbers I want them to be placed behind eachother so you will get: input: 1 1 0 1 output: 1101 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: metal005
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

putting two images together

Hi, I generated many figures in .png format (approximately 120). Right now I need to pair the figures on a single page so that the files with the same file name (i.e. jack) that end with .matrix.png are placed on the left and .cdt.png is on the right (so jack.matrix.png with jack.cdt.png... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Putting $$ before filename

Hello , I am searching a directory for a file and have to assign the filename to a variable . The variable must have form $$filename So my code is echo "'$$filename='`ls -lrt *PreMatch*.csv| head -1 | nawk '{print $9}'`" however $$ is converting to a number . How could I make it $$... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Other way aside from putting more PIPES (|)

I already manage to get the output that i want.. but wat if removing all the pipes and convert it 1 liner with less pipes. My command below can get the ouput that i want. i just want to remove the pipes or less pipes. #cat file1 us-west-2a running i-3397a421... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
2 Replies
UEFI(8) 						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						   UEFI(8)

NAME
UEFI -- Unified Extensible Firmware Interface bootstrapping procedures DESCRIPTION
The UEFI Unified Extensible Firmware Interface provides boot- and run-time services to operating systems. UEFI is a replacement for the legacy BIOS on the i386 and amd64 CPU architectures, and is also used on arm64 and ia64. The UEFI boot process loads system bootstrap code located in an EFI System Partition (ESP). The ESP is a GPT or MBR partition with a spe- cific identifier that contains an msdosfs(5) FAT file system with a specified file hierarchy. Partition Scheme ESP Identifier GPT C12A7328-F81F-11D2-BA4B-00A0C93EC93B MBR 0xEF The UEFI boot process proceeds as follows: 1. UEFI firmware runs at power up and searches for an OS loader in the EFI system partition. The path to the loader may be set by an EFI environment variable. If not set, the default is /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.EFI. The default UEFI boot configuration for FreeBSD installs boot1.efi as /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.EFI. 2. boot1.efi locates the first partition with the type freebsd-ufs, and from it loads loader.efi. 3. loader.efi loads and boots the kernel, as described in loader(8). The vt(4) system console is automatically selected when booting via UEFI. FILES
/boot/boot1.efi First stage UEFI bootstrap /boot/boot1.efifat msdosfs(5) FAT file system image containing boot1.efi for use by bsdinstall(8) and the bootcode argument to gpart(8). /boot/loader.efi Final stage bootstrap /boot/kernel/kernel default kernel /boot/kernel.old/kernel typical non-default kernel (optional) SEE ALSO
vt(4), msdosfs(5), boot(8), gpart(8) HISTORY
UEFI boot support first appeared in FreeBSD 10.1. AUTHORS
UEFI boot support was developed by Benno Rice <benno@FreeBSD.org>, Ed Maste <emaste@FreeBSD.org>, and Nathan Whitehorn <nwhitehorn@FreeBSD.org>. The FreeBSD Foundation sponsored portions of the work. CAVEATS
EFI environment variables are not supported by loader(8) or the kernel. boot1.efi loads loader.efi from the first FreeBSD-UFS file system it locates, even if it is on a different disk. boot1.efi cannot load loader.efi from a ZFS(8) file system. As a result, UEFI does not support a typical root file system on ZFS configura- tion. BSD
October 17, 2014 BSD