Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: OS settings by commands
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) OS settings by commands Post 303024390 by Neo on Sunday 7th of October 2018 09:55:46 PM
Old 10-07-2018
What are you trying to do, exactly?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Password Settings

Is there an easy way to spit out a screen with all the password setting parameters set out? For example: MINWEEKS=1 MAXWEEKS=8 etc. I'm looking for a way to have all the settings consolidated on a report for inclusion in policy documents. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hoju
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CHMOD settings

Right, I'm really new to the UNIX stuff, and the main reason for posting is as follows: I am attempting to install postnuke on the local council webserver. for web server stats search for http://www.haybridge.worcs.sch.uk here and I am being asked to change the CHMOD settings for two of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: womble
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

.profile settings

I need to configure my .profile so that it should always reflect my present directory path during my session. How can i do that. Please help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satgur
1 Replies

4. Programming

code that reads commands from the standard i/p and executes the commands

Hello all, i've written a small piece of code that will read commands from standard input and executes the commands. Its working fine and is execting the commands well. Accepting arguments too. e.g #mkdir <name of the directory> The problem is that its not letting me change the directory i.e... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phrozen Smoke
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

enviroment settings

What are the environment setting during a cron session? I have HP-UX and I want to send the output/file from a script to several e-mail addresses. I want to create an env-var to store the e-mail addresses in my .profile, but I do not know if it will be visible when a script is executed in a cron. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ALTRUNVRSOFLN
4 Replies

6. Linux

Ip settings

Hi, How to set ip address in linux. Regards, Guguli (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guguli
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can BASH execute commands on a remote server when the commands are embedded in shell

I want to log into a remote server transfer over a new config and then backup the existing config, replace with the new config. I am not sure if I can do this with BASH scripting. I have set up password less login by adding my public key to authorized_keys file, it works. I am a little... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

SMTP Settings

Hi all, Please help to check weather the SMTP settings are configured or not on my LINUX server? I want to send a mail to mailbox. I know that the target SMTP server has to be configured on LINUX box to do so. How can i see weather it is configured or not? --Ramesh Ch. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raamc
3 Replies

9. HP-UX

Vi Editor Settings For Hp-UX

can any one provide me Vi Edior Settings for HP-UX I searched the forum i cound't able to find much information. 1) Need Vi editor setting for Color Code ... to work in C++ (Highlight Syntax .... as Vi Editor in Linux ... which we enable the syntax) 2)Delete , backspace , arrows , home ,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girija
3 Replies

10. AIX

HACMP: difference between 'cl' commands and 'cli' commands

Hi all, I'm new in this forum. I'm looking for the difference between the HACMP commands with the prefix "cl" and "cli". The first type are under /usr/es/sbin/cluster/sbin directory and the second are under /usr/es/sbin/cluster/cspoc directory. I know that the first are called HACMP for AIX... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: peppix
0 Replies
gettydefs(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						      gettydefs(4)

NAME
gettydefs - speed and terminal settings used by getty DESCRIPTION
The file contains information used by to set up the speed and terminal settings for a line (see getty(1M)). It supplies information on what the prompt should look like. It also supplies the speed to try next if the user indicates the current speed is not correct by typing a Break character. Each entry in has the following format: Each entry is followed by a blank line. The various fields can contain quoted characters of the form etc., as well as where nnn is the octal value of the desired character. The various fields are: label This is the string against which tries to match its second argument. It is often the speed, such as at which the terminal is supposed to run, but it need not be (see below). initial-flags These flags are the initial settings to which the terminal is to be set if a terminal type is not specified to (see ioctl(2)). The flags that understands are the same as the ones listed in (see termio(7)). Normally only the speed flag is required in the initial-flags. automatically sets the terminal to raw input mode and takes care of most of the other flags. The initial-flag settings remain in effect until executes final-flags These flags take the same values as the initial-flags and are set just before executes The speed flag is again required. The composite flag takes care of most of the other flags that need to be set so that the processor and terminal are communi- cating in a rational fashion. The other two commonly specified final-flags are so that tabs are sent to the terminal as spaces, and so that the line is hung up on the final close. login-prompt This entire field is printed as the login-prompt. Unlike the above fields where white space is ignored (a space, tab or new-line), they are included in the login-prompt field. next-label If this entry does not specify the desired speed, indicated by the user typing a Break character, searches for the entry with next-label as its label field and set up the terminal for those settings. Usually, a series of speeds are linked together in this fashion, into a closed set. For example, linked to which in turn is linked to which finally is linked to If is called without a second argument, the first entry of is used, thus making the first entry of the default entry. It is also used if cannot find the specified label. If itself is missing, there is one entry built into the command which brings up a terminal at baud. It is strongly recommended that after making or modifying it be run through with the check option to ensure that there are no errors. EXAMPLES
The following two lines show an example of 300/1200 baud toggle, which is useful for dial-up ports: The following line shows a typical 9600 baud entry for a hard-wired connection: FILES
SEE ALSO
getty(1M), login(1), ioctl(2), termio(7). gettydefs(4)