Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: OS settings by commands
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) OS settings by commands Post 303024387 by saouu on Sunday 7th of October 2018 09:31:14 PM
Old 10-07-2018
OS settings by commands

hi please help me. i cant find how i can do this settings in terminal
one i find it not works on mojave, i color it purple.

Code:
# "Finder: items in the sidebar
show Mac
hide iCloud/recents

# "Settings-general-RecentItems - NONE"

defaults write -g 'NSRecentDocumentsLimit' -int 0
defaults write com.apple.Preview NSRecentDocumentsLimit 0

# "set F13(printScr) for save-screenshot-as-file"

# "set Alt+F13(printScr) for save-pic-of-area-as-file"

# "Mojave Settings-Update -ALL disable

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Password Settings

Is there an easy way to spit out a screen with all the password setting parameters set out? For example: MINWEEKS=1 MAXWEEKS=8 etc. I'm looking for a way to have all the settings consolidated on a report for inclusion in policy documents. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hoju
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CHMOD settings

Right, I'm really new to the UNIX stuff, and the main reason for posting is as follows: I am attempting to install postnuke on the local council webserver. for web server stats search for http://www.haybridge.worcs.sch.uk here and I am being asked to change the CHMOD settings for two of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: womble
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

.profile settings

I need to configure my .profile so that it should always reflect my present directory path during my session. How can i do that. Please help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satgur
1 Replies

4. Programming

code that reads commands from the standard i/p and executes the commands

Hello all, i've written a small piece of code that will read commands from standard input and executes the commands. Its working fine and is execting the commands well. Accepting arguments too. e.g #mkdir <name of the directory> The problem is that its not letting me change the directory i.e... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phrozen Smoke
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

enviroment settings

What are the environment setting during a cron session? I have HP-UX and I want to send the output/file from a script to several e-mail addresses. I want to create an env-var to store the e-mail addresses in my .profile, but I do not know if it will be visible when a script is executed in a cron. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ALTRUNVRSOFLN
4 Replies

6. Linux

Ip settings

Hi, How to set ip address in linux. Regards, Guguli (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guguli
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can BASH execute commands on a remote server when the commands are embedded in shell

I want to log into a remote server transfer over a new config and then backup the existing config, replace with the new config. I am not sure if I can do this with BASH scripting. I have set up password less login by adding my public key to authorized_keys file, it works. I am a little... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

SMTP Settings

Hi all, Please help to check weather the SMTP settings are configured or not on my LINUX server? I want to send a mail to mailbox. I know that the target SMTP server has to be configured on LINUX box to do so. How can i see weather it is configured or not? --Ramesh Ch. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raamc
3 Replies

9. HP-UX

Vi Editor Settings For Hp-UX

can any one provide me Vi Edior Settings for HP-UX I searched the forum i cound't able to find much information. 1) Need Vi editor setting for Color Code ... to work in C++ (Highlight Syntax .... as Vi Editor in Linux ... which we enable the syntax) 2)Delete , backspace , arrows , home ,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girija
3 Replies

10. AIX

HACMP: difference between 'cl' commands and 'cli' commands

Hi all, I'm new in this forum. I'm looking for the difference between the HACMP commands with the prefix "cl" and "cli". The first type are under /usr/es/sbin/cluster/sbin directory and the second are under /usr/es/sbin/cluster/cspoc directory. I know that the first are called HACMP for AIX... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: peppix
0 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)