Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Pam.d and make difference between AD User and local user on Linux Post 303024288 by bgstack15 on Friday 5th of October 2018 09:19:54 AM
Old 10-05-2018
How are you connected to Active Directory? Are you using sssd auth? If so, you can use a value in /etc/sssd/sssd.conf:
Code:
allow_simple_groups = onlythisone, orthisgroup/

If you are using nscd/nslcd which use a more traditional ldap method, there's an option somewhere for your ldap search string. You can write a query that matches just the groups or users you want to allow.

Last edited by bgstack15; 10-05-2018 at 10:20 AM.. Reason: fix tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

local user ip

how can i find my own ip address from unix. command like who -x .this would provide all the ip address but i need to list only current user ip address. who am i command does not display the ip. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naushad
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

local user ip

how can i find my own ip address from unix. command like who -x .this would provide all the ip address but i need to list only current user ip address. who am i command does not display the ip. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: naushad
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between : Locked User Account & Disabled User Accounts in Linux ?

Thanks AVKlinux (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: avklinux
3 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Ho do I masquerade the "user@user.local" address in mail/mailx?

Hi, I'm brand new here and looking for a solution: I'm using mail or mailx. The default reply address is «myshortusername@mylongusername.local» which makes absolutely no sense for anybody receiving my emails. But how do I change it? There seem to be many solutions but none for Mac OS X.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gczychi
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Determining if user is local-user in /etc/passwd or LDAP user

Besides doing some shell-script which loops through /etc/passwd, I was wondering if there was some command that would tell me, like an enhanced version of getent. The Operating system is Solaris 10 (recent-ish revision) using Sun DS for LDAP. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckmehta
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

switch user from local user to root in perl

Hi Gurus, I have a script that requires me to switch from local user to root. Anyone who has an idea on this since when i switch user to root it requires me to input root password. It seems that i need to use expect module here, but i don't know how to create the object for this. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linuxgeek
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Cant ssh for a local user

Here is the log im pasting for verbose ssh: -bash-2.05b$ ssh -v qa_fnp@10.41.11.23 OpenSSH_3.6.1p2, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090701f debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config debug1: Applying options for * debug1: Rhosts Authentication disabled, originating port will... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirtikjr
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Local User

How to fetch only local user without duplication from /etc/passwd using scripting?? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AhmedLakadkutta
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

PAM: Unlock user account after 30mins

Hi We have these specific requirements for a bunch of servers we have and cannot seem to get pam to behave in this way. We would like: PAM locks accounts if pam tally reaches 10. PAM unlocks the account after 30mins from locking it, and resets the pam_tally. The key is that we don't... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: snoop2048
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Switch from Local user to root user from a shell script?

Hi, I need to switch from local user to root user in a shell script. I need to make it automated so that it doesn't prompt for the root password. I heard the su command will do that work but it prompt for the password. and also can someone tell me whether su command spawns a new shell or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Little
1 Replies
Linux::Distribution(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Linux::Distribution(3pm)

NAME
Linux::Distribution - Perl extension to detect on which Linux distribution we are running. SYNOPSIS
use Linux::Distribution qw(distribution_name distribution_version); if(my $distro = distribution_name) { my $version = distribution_version(); print "you are running $distro, version $version "; } else { print "distribution unknown "; } Or else do it OO: use Linux::Distribution qw(distribution_name distribution_version); my $linux = Linux::Distribution->new; if(my $distro = $linux->distribution_name()) { my $version = $linux->distribution_version(); print "you are running $distro, version $version "; } else { print "distribution unknown "; } DESCRIPTION
This is a simple module that tries to guess on what linux distribution we are running by looking for release's files in /etc. It now looks for 'lsb-release' first as that should be the most correct and adds ubuntu support. Secondly, it will look for the distro specific files. It currently recognizes slackware, debian, suse, fedora, redhat, turbolinux, yellowdog, knoppix, mandrake, conectiva, immunix, tinysofa, va-linux, trustix, adamantix, yoper, arch-linux, libranet, gentoo, ubuntu, scientific, oracle enterprise linux and redflag. It has function to get the version for debian, suse, fedora, redhat, gentoo, slackware, scientific, oracle enterprise linux, redflag and ubuntu(lsb). People running unsupported distro's are greatly encouraged to submit patches :-) EXPORT None by default. TODO
Add the capability of recognize the version of the distribution for all recognized distributions. AUTHORS
Alexandr Ciornii <alexchorny@gmail.com>, <http://chorny.net> Alberto Re, <alberto@accidia.net> Judith Lebzelter, <judith@osdl.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.5 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.14.2 2012-03-18 Linux::Distribution(3pm)