Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Pam.d and make difference between AD User and local user on Linux Post 303024257 by vincenzo on Thursday 4th of October 2018 03:30:35 PM
Old 10-04-2018
Pam.d and make difference between AD User and local user on Linux

Hello,

i configured rhel linux 6 with AD directory to authorize windows users to connect on the system and it works.

i have accounts with high privileges (oracle for example) if an account is created on the AD server i would to block him.

I looked for how to do, for the moment all the examples used group on the Ad server but i would like to manage this from linux server. Do you have an idea ?

Regards,

Vincenzo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

local user ip

how can i find my own ip address from unix. command like who -x .this would provide all the ip address but i need to list only current user ip address. who am i command does not display the ip. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naushad
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

local user ip

how can i find my own ip address from unix. command like who -x .this would provide all the ip address but i need to list only current user ip address. who am i command does not display the ip. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: naushad
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between : Locked User Account & Disabled User Accounts in Linux ?

Thanks AVKlinux (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: avklinux
3 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Ho do I masquerade the "user@user.local" address in mail/mailx?

Hi, I'm brand new here and looking for a solution: I'm using mail or mailx. The default reply address is «myshortusername@mylongusername.local» which makes absolutely no sense for anybody receiving my emails. But how do I change it? There seem to be many solutions but none for Mac OS X.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gczychi
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Determining if user is local-user in /etc/passwd or LDAP user

Besides doing some shell-script which loops through /etc/passwd, I was wondering if there was some command that would tell me, like an enhanced version of getent. The Operating system is Solaris 10 (recent-ish revision) using Sun DS for LDAP. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckmehta
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

switch user from local user to root in perl

Hi Gurus, I have a script that requires me to switch from local user to root. Anyone who has an idea on this since when i switch user to root it requires me to input root password. It seems that i need to use expect module here, but i don't know how to create the object for this. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linuxgeek
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Cant ssh for a local user

Here is the log im pasting for verbose ssh: -bash-2.05b$ ssh -v qa_fnp@10.41.11.23 OpenSSH_3.6.1p2, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090701f debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config debug1: Applying options for * debug1: Rhosts Authentication disabled, originating port will... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirtikjr
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Local User

How to fetch only local user without duplication from /etc/passwd using scripting?? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AhmedLakadkutta
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

PAM: Unlock user account after 30mins

Hi We have these specific requirements for a bunch of servers we have and cannot seem to get pam to behave in this way. We would like: PAM locks accounts if pam tally reaches 10. PAM unlocks the account after 30mins from locking it, and resets the pam_tally. The key is that we don't... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: snoop2048
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Switch from Local user to root user from a shell script?

Hi, I need to switch from local user to root user in a shell script. I need to make it automated so that it doesn't prompt for the root password. I heard the su command will do that work but it prompt for the password. and also can someone tell me whether su command spawns a new shell or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Little
1 Replies
LSLOGINS(1)							   User Commands						       LSLOGINS(1)

NAME
lslogins - display information about known users in the system SYNOPSIS
lslogins [options] [-s|-u[=UID]] [-g groups] [-l logins] DESCRIPTION
Examine the wtmp and btmp logs, /etc/shadow (if necessary) and /etc/passwd and output the desired data. The default action is to list info about all the users in the system. OPTIONS
Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -a, --acc-expiration Display data about the date of last password change and the account expiration date (see shadow(5) for more info). (Requires root privileges.) --btmp-file path Alternate path for btmp. -c, --colon-separate Separate info about each user with a colon instead of a newline. -e, --export Output data in the format of NAME=VALUE. -f, --failed Display data about the users' last failed login attempts. -G, --supp-groups Show information about supplementary groups. -g, --groups=groups Only show data of users belonging to groups. More than one group may be specified; the list has to be comma-separated. Note that relation between user and group may be invisible for primary group if the user is not explicitly specify as group member (e.g. in /etc/group). If the command lslogins scans for groups than it uses groups database only, and user database with primary GID is not used at all. -h, --help Display help information and exit. -L, --last Display data containing information about the users' last login sessions. -l, --logins=logins Only show data of users with a login specified in logins (user names or user IDS). More than one login may be specified; the list has to be comma-separated. -n, --newline Display each piece of information on a separate line. --noheadings Do not print a header line. --notruncate Don't truncate output. -o, --output list Specify which output columns to print. Use --help to get a list of all supported columns. -p, --pwd Display information related to login by password (see also -afL). -r, --raw Raw output (no columnation). -s, --system-accs Show system accounts. These are by default all accounts with a UID below 1000 (non-inclusive), with the exception of either nobody or nfsnobody (UID 65534). This hardcoded default maybe overwritten by parameters SYS_UID_MIN and SYS_UID_MAX in the file /etc/login.defs. --time-format type Display dates in short, full or iso format. The default is short, this time format is designed to be space efficient and human readable. -u, --user-accs Show user accounts. These are by default all accounts with UID above 1000 (inclusive), with the exception of either nobody or nfs- nobody (UID 65534). This hardcoded default maybe overwritten by parameters UID_MIN and UID_MAX in the file /etc/login.defs. -V, --version Display version information and exit. --wtmp-file path Alternate path for wtmp. -Z, --context Display the users' security context. -z, --print0 Delimit user entries with a nul character, instead of a newline. NOTES
The default UID thresholds are read from /etc/login.defs. EXIT STATUS
0 if OK, 1 if incorrect arguments specified, 2 if a serious error occurs (e.g. a corrupt log). SEE ALSO
group(5), passwd(5), shadow(5), utmp(5) HISTORY
The lslogins utility is inspired by the logins utility, which first appeared in FreeBSD 4.10. AUTHORS
Ondrej Oprala <ooprala@redhat.com> Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com> AVAILABILITY
The lslogins command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils /util-linux/>. util-linux April 2014 LSLOGINS(1)