Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed not working properly with slash / Post 303023912 by vgersh99 on Tuesday 25th of September 2018 12:13:21 PM
Old 09-25-2018
without going into details of your script which has a number of issues.....
Code:
sed "s#$line#cd $TO_DIR put $FILE_NAME $REM_PART#" testfile

Last edited by vgersh99; 09-25-2018 at 01:54 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Keyboard not working properly...

Hello Again, Those that have noticed my earlier posts will know that I have succesfully installed Solaris 8 onto my pc. I haven't been able to get x-server working (i think it doesn't like my video card) though I've been able to log into root (with a bit of help from unix forums :o ) and have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timresh
2 Replies

2. Programming

y is this not working properly?

#include <stdio.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <string.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <unistd.h> struct stat s; main() { char c; if (fork()==0) { system("clear"); do { printf("myAI\\>§ "); scanf("%s",c); if(stat(c,&s)>-1) {... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: C|[anti-trust]
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet is not working properly

telnet at my system is behaving stange. Some times I am able to telnet to other machines but sometimes it stop doing that. Then i have to reboot the machine and most of the time (not 100%) it works. SImilar is the case with SSH. Sometime it works , some time it don't. i am new to Unix and I do not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepak_pathania
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Cron - Not working properly

Hi, I do have three scripts. Whcih inserts records into a table using sqlldr, creating some reprot files etc. The first script will call the second and then the second will call the third. When I run my first script from the shell prompt, all my operation are completed successfully. If I do... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: risshanth
23 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

\n not working properly

Hi all, I'm trying to generate a series of txt files starting from a plain csv file part of my code: #!/bin/ksh INSTALLDIR=/Users/ME/Installdir CSV=CSV.csv TMP=/tmp/$(basename $0).txt tr -s "\r" "\n" < /$INSTALLDIR/$CSV > $TMP function Makefiles { printf '%24s:%30s\n' "sometext"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jive Spector
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sendmail is not working properly

Hi All, Can any one help me to solve the issue. The Issue is, i have started the sendmail service on my RHEL 4 update 6 box, I am able to send the mail from my box to almost all of the Email Id's except few. Exampe, test mail. . Output is :the message is sent. now if I send the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akhtar.bhat
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to append backward slash before forward slash

Hi all, I need to know way of inserting backward slash before forward slash. My problem is that i need to supply directory path as an argument while invoking cshell script. This argument is further used in script (i.e. sed is used to insert this path in some file). So i need to place \ in front... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx not working properly

I am using mailx command in my script to attach a file and send an email. I need to attach a csv file and send email to a mail id - I am using uuencode output.csv output.csv | mailx -s "test mail" xyz@abc.com This will send a mail with scrambled text in body. am i missing something ?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriranga
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed script not working properly on Solaris (works fine on AIX)?

Hi, I have a problem with a SED script that works fine on AIX but does not work properly on a Solaris system. The ksh script executes the SED and puts the output in HTML in tables. But the layout of the output in HTML is not shown correctly(no tables, no color). Can anyone tell if there is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Faith111
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

sed command not working properly

This is my sample file cat bipin.txt Unix is an OS Unix has its own commmands Unix is a user friendly OS Unix is platform independent Unix is a time sharing OS the best OS to learn is Unix Abinitio uses Unix in backend When i use sed 's/Unix/Linux/' bipin.txt , only the first... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bipin_1991
2 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)