Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting For loop statements order of operations Post 303023773 by Scrutinizer on Friday 21st of September 2018 11:19:35 PM
Old 09-22-2018
I think what is meant in this thread is to use a while read loop rather than a for loop:
Code:
while read color
do
done < file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

String Operations

Hi All, Query 1 : I want to know how we can get a count of multipe occurrences of a particular expression in another string. For Eg. If my string is " 12" and i need to count the number of spaces preceeding 12 Query 2 : Also want to know how we can change the alignment of a... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohini Vijay
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File operations

Hi I have a tab delimited file with 3 fields. I need to sort this file on the first field and remove all the records where the first field has dulplicates. For eg my file is 133|arrfdfdg|sdfdsg 234|asfsdgfs|aasdfs 133|affbfsde|dgfg When this file gets sorted I need the result to be ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: monks
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

for i loop with conditional statements?

New to scripting in general, so patience plz. If I ask a stupid question or don't get it, I thank you for your kindness in advance. That said, did a for i loops checks to see if a PB* file is there but I need to know two things before I copy the file. I need to know if the file's create date... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xgringo
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

is that possible to keep statements in any loop??

Hi, Actually i stored all validdisks in one array and corresponding partitions required for all individual disks in other array.. Example: Validdisks=dsk2 dsk3 dsk5 ValidPartition=4 4 3 Now i have to create domain.. Domain creation can be done by below commands: fs_setup -d... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mansa
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute a no of SELECT COUNT(*) statements using a loop

HI Unix Gurus, I have a number of SELECT count(*) statements in an input file and I want to execute it using a shell script but one by one using loop in script.... How can I do this..... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ustechie
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

String operations

Hi All, can you tell me how to drop all preceding zeros in a number. For example, if i have a numbers like 000876838347 and 0000007854762543..how to make them as 876838347 and 7854762543. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nram_krishna@ya
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

String operations

Can you give me some suggestions to split below string into three parts using shell scripts.. Script has to print all alphabets before the number, then number and then all alphabets after the number.. input: chris martin 200173 845747 mech engineer output: chris martin 200173 845747 mech... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nram_krishna@ya
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Loop Through Files in Order and mapping

Hi there, How can I loop through files with order. I tried using ls .html | sort -v However the filename is with spaces:1233.61.47.0 - 121.61.123.112 nexpose.html Here is the original code that is working well, but I need to sort through the filename.echo "<center>" for file in *.html... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

2 statements in for loop

Bash shell, variables i and rem are working fine in 2 separate for loops, but I'd like to consolidate them like this: for && This gives syntax error on &&. Thanks in advance for direction. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: p1ne
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash directory loop and order by creation date?

Hello, how in bash i can get directory loop and order by creation date? THX! :) #!/bin/bash for folder in /home/test/* do if ; then echo $folder; fi (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZerO13
12 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)