Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris11.4 - no X11
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris11.4 - no X11 Post 303023697 by hicksd8 on Friday 21st of September 2018 05:19:15 AM
Old 09-21-2018
I've just had cause to install Solaris 11.4 x86 with GUI (solaris-desktop package) and it just worked (Gnome).

Are you installing on Sparc or x86?

Did you use the AI media or Text install media?
(I tried the AI media but had issues with it so success was with Text.)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

cygwin-x/can't install xorg-x11-f100 & xorg-x11-fnts

Hello All. Really a newbie to Linux/Unix. Trying to get into Linux. Using XP PE currently. Installed cygwin and trying to intall cygwin-x. Everything else is setup nice but i can't seem to install these two packages (without whom xwin won't start) 1. xorg-x11-f100 2. xorg-x11-fnts Tried the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: binodbdrchand
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Error: installing Nmap on Solaris11 Express

Hello, I am trying to install Nmap on my Solaris machine. I got errors at the very last of "make" command though. Could someone point me out what I am lacking? Thank you! Nmap version: 5.50 (nmap-5.50.tar.bz2) Solaris version (cat /etc/release): Error message ( run "./configure &&... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fragile_it
0 Replies

3. Solaris

[Unix Solaris11] RPM2PKG error about compilation.

Hi, I'm new on this forum. I'm working on Solaris 11 (Express Edition) and I must install some programm created only for RedHat system (I don't want to buy or download RedHat). So I search for this tools and I find a working script for Solaris 9 and 10, but I need that for Solaris 11. So I search... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Fraste_
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Solved] putty+x11:How do I pass X11 display rights to "su"?

I can log into a unix system with Putty. I've set the "X11 forwarding" checkbox, and I've verified that I can display an X11 window back on my laptop. What I need to be able to do is "su" to another uid after logging in and then run something which display a window back on my laptop, with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkarr
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris11: Permission issues with auto-scrub ZFS pool

Short version: pfexec zpool scrub rpool fails saying I do not have permission to perform that action. Apparently scrub is not one of the pfexec allowed actions. Any idea on how to get around it? Long version: I got tired of manually running scrubs and am trying to set it to happen... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: taltamir
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Xmanager 4 not able to connect to Solaris11

I am trying to connect via Xmanager 4 to a T4-2 server running Solaris 11. I checked the /etc/gdm.custom.conf file. The error I get is The MAC (Message Authentication Code) of packet is incorrect When I start the Xmanager on soalris I get a message /dev/fb (file or directory) does not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maqsood Mohamme
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris11 and samba4 dc

Simple question. I have a solaris11 test machine When i try to join a samba4 domain give me this error "kinit succeeded but ads_sasl_spnego_krb5_bind failed: invalid credentials" When i join a w2003r2 AD..works perfect I check network ok,dig,reverse ok.. my conf file is ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Configuring network interfaces in Solaris11

Hi all, Just istalled Solaris 11. Want to configure network interfaces and got some problems: #dladm show-phys # #dladm show-link # If i run ifconfig -a, i am getting 2 lo0 (loopback) interfaces and thats all. I can't enable interface, can't list it, can't assign IP to it. Can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Block port for all except for one specific ip in Solaris11.4

Hi, I need to block ssh port 22 from all the servers except one server ip. Until solaris11.3 and below, I used to do like below(under /etc/ipf/ipf.conf),and it's working fine pass in quick from $server_ip to any port=22 block in quick from any to any port=22 But I tried almost same in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sumanthsv
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)