Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sudo password in shell file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sudo password in shell file Post 303023546 by rbatte1 on Wednesday 19th of September 2018 05:54:38 AM
Old 09-19-2018
Just thinking about this in the wider question, you might (on you local machine) have to do this:-
Code:
ssh bob@server "sudo -u oracle /path/to/your/script"

.... or perhaps:-
Code:
ssh -t bob@server "sudo -u oracle /path/to/your/script"

.... or even:-
Code:
ssh -tt bob@server "sudo -u oracle /path/to/your/script"

This would open the SSH connection, sudo run the script and exit back to your local machine. The additional of one or two -t might be needed to make it set up a terminal connection else sudo might refuse to run.

Robin
This User Gave Thanks to rbatte1 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo in OS X shell script without password prompt??

I've written a shell script to alter a particular preference file on OS X (10.3.9), which works fine (tested by running the script from the terminal sat in front of the box). Problem is, I now have to run this script remotely across a number of machines via remote desktop, so where I've used the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Brad_GNET
1 Replies

2. Linux

sudo, root password

Hi all.. I'm secering a RH 2.1 server, with gnome (not my choice...), as X manager. Is ther anyway to get sudo ask for root password other then the actual user's password? Like when you launch the graphical IHM to create a new user, it asks for root's password? Is there a way to do the same... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

verify sudo password

edited and removed (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdpalow
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sudo command with password

Hello everybody, Say I forgot my root password (shit happens, no?) and I'd like to brutally try 100 possibilities to delete a file using sudo. How can I make a script that tries all the passwords? The following doesn't work. Do you have a clue? foo:~$ cat test sudo rm dummy <<< 'password' echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
1 Replies

5. AIX

Sudo ask for password

Hello I have a partition with Aix 5.3 and I install sudo I put the commands that I want to use x user and I put the option that donkask for password. But when I run with this user and I try to run that commands. ask me for a password. I put this line for no ask for password with that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

password in sudo script

salmo allikm warhmat allah wabrakato i want to do script with sudo like sudo su and want to put password in the script not get from user because i to made it startup when booting and i don't know how put in script for sudo thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pua06
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh foo.com sudo command - Prompts for sudo password as visible text. Help?

I am writing a BASH script to update a webserver and then restart Apache. It looks basically like this: #!/bin/bash rsync /path/on/local/machine/ foo.com:path/on/remote/machine/ ssh foo.com sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reloadrsync and ssh don't prompt for a password, because I have DSA encryption... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fluoborate
9 Replies

8. Red Hat

Sudo + Nohup = no password?

Little confused here When i go to run sudo nohup ./script.ksh & I dont get asked for a password. It starts a process ID, I can see it when i do a ps -ef | grep script. But I dont get an output file from my script, so its not doing anything. What gives? does it have to do the "&" ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitrobass24
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sudo -s without password prompt

hi, i have a requirement where i need to sudo to another user in the shell script.suppose consider user A and B, first user A calls a shell script and then i need to sudo to user B which executes another shell script inside the earlier one. also this needs to be automated like while sudo'ing to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krk
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sudo reads password from a .cfg file

cleanwork /saswork removes sas orphanded processes in the saswork directory. Subdirectories under sasem are sas94, sas92 and sasworks . I am getting the following error messages: 1. '/usr/bin/sudo -S apt-get update <~/opt/SiM/pos/ps/db_auth.cfg... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellanicholson
4 Replies
CHSH(1) 							   User Commands							   CHSH(1)

NAME
chsh - change login shell SYNOPSIS
chsh [options] [LOGIN] DESCRIPTION
The chsh command changes the user login shell. This determines the name of the user's initial login command. A normal user may only change the login shell for her own account; the superuser may change the login shell for any account. OPTIONS
The options which apply to the chsh command are: -h, --help Display help message and exit. -R, --root CHROOT_DIR Apply changes in the CHROOT_DIR directory and use the configuration files from the CHROOT_DIR directory. -s, --shell SHELL The name of the user's new login shell. Setting this field to blank causes the system to select the default login shell. If the -s option is not selected, chsh operates in an interactive fashion, prompting the user with the current login shell. Enter the new value to change the shell, or leave the line blank to use the current one. The current shell is displayed between a pair of [ ] marks. NOTE
The only restriction placed on the login shell is that the command name must be listed in /etc/shells, unless the invoker is the superuser, and then any value may be added. An account with a restricted login shell may not change her login shell. For this reason, placing /bin/rsh in /etc/shells is discouraged since accidentally changing to a restricted shell would prevent the user from ever changing her login shell back to its original value. FILES
/etc/passwd User account information. /etc/shells List of valid login shells. /etc/login.defs Shadow password suite configuration. SEE ALSO
chfn(1), login.defs(5), passwd(5). shadow-utils 4.5 01/25/2018 CHSH(1)