Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Comparing time differences between 2 Solaris servers Post 303023507 by Azrael on Tuesday 18th of September 2018 10:42:24 AM
Old 09-18-2018
In addition to what Neo said, htpdate is another alternative that works similar to ntpdate. Only difference is it uses TCP rather than UDP and doesn't require ntpd or other services. Once installed you can just use the following as root to sync time:

Code:
htpdate -s canhazip.com

I usually have it on a cronjob to run once a day and it works great.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Working out time differences

Hi everyone, I need to be able to write into a ksh script, a function that can look at 2 24 hour time variables and work out the difference between them. e.g job1 runs at 21:00 job2 runs at 01:00 diff = 04:00 hours I would also need negative numbers i.e where job1 runs after job2 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rik1551
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date/time differences

A thanks to all ahead of time. I've checked previous posts about this subject and can't find any that quite fit what I need. If I've missed the post could you point me there. When I do an ls -al I get the following output: -rw-r--r-- 1 staff staff 855 July 24 20:05 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gillr
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing file content differences

I need to write a script to find out if there are any .c files created/removed from the last time i monitored the files available. i first created a file to contain all the .c files available on the system. (ls *.c > file1) I created another file using the same command. I used the comm file1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RianTan
4 Replies

4. Solaris

comparing 2 Solaris servers

hello has anyone built a script that compares 2 Solaris servers? CPU, memory, swap, memory variables in /etc/system, Solaris version Could you please advise on how to make such a comparaison? thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Differences between time command and usr/bin/time

I wondered if someone could point out the differences between the time commmand and usr/bin/time and the accuracy one might have over another. Also, is there a website or two a person could maybe link for me to describe the differences? Thank you for your time. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: icedrake
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing files columnwise and print the differences in third file

Hello Everybody!!!!!!!!! Request you to help me with the below mentioned issue: I have 2 files say, File 1: a|4|7 b|3|2 c|8|8 d|8|9 File 2: a|4|6 b|2|2 c|8|8 d|9|8 The third file(output file) should have: Data mismatch in row 1 column 3 Data mismatch in row 2 coumn 2 Data... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhijeet1409
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Comparing to two files and displaying the differences

Hi, I'm new to perl and i have to write a perl script that will compare to log/txt files and display the differences. Unfortunately I'm not allowed to use any complied binaries or applications like diff or comm. So far i've across a code like this: use strict; use warnings; my $list1;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dont_be_hasty
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two files and list the differences

Hi * I have two text files which has the file size, timestamp and the file name. I need to compare these two files and get the differences in the output format. Can anyone help me out with this. * cat file1.txt *474742 Apr 18* 2010 sample.log *135098 Apr 18* 2010 Testfile 134282 Apr 18* 2010... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sendhil.Kumaran
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help comparing 2 files and sending differences

I have 2 files that need to be compared. Email the differences if something is different and don't email if nothing is different. One or both of the files could be empty. One or both could have data in them. example files backup.doc.$(date +%y%m%d) file size is 0 backup.doc.$(TZ=CST+24... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jabbott3
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing 2 xml files and print the differences only in output

Hi....I'm having 2 xml files, one is having some special characters and another is a clean xml file does not have any special characters. Now I need one audit kind of file which will show me only from which line the special characters have been removed and the special characters. Can you please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Krishanu Saha
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)