Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Processes running response time Post 303023304 by jim mcnamara on Friday 14th of September 2018 07:21:53 AM
Old 09-14-2018
It looks to me that you want to be able to measure performance, probably by transaction request/return times. Documentum originally worked on files of almost any kind. So your asking for "file" times is confusing everyone. They think you mean UNIX file access times. I am guessing this is sort of a communication breakdown here

Documentum seemed like Ingres (or Oracle) for any kind of digital object - files, metafiles, metadata. To me anyway. If this helps people to answer the question.

I do not know anything much about Documentum now. What performance monitoring tools come with the product? Use them to generate data. We can help you organize and use that data to answer the requirements.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ls -l : response time slow

Hi all, If I give ls , it lists files in 1 second. It I give ls -l , it takes 8 seconds There are only 55 files in the directory. Any explanation? Thanks Wilson (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: geraldwilson
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Response time under packet loss

I am experiencing a problem where under a dial condition I am experiencing packet loss, which is failrly normal, but the response to the packet loss is taking bewteen 6 and 10 seconds. Could someone please advise what the industry standard is on the response time under a packet loss senario. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shane
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Response time & IO max

in HP-UX how i can measure the response time and how can i find the maximum IO (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: salhoub
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

determine the active processes on the system which are running since long time

Hi , Please help me shell script to determine the active processes on the system which are running since long time (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itian2010
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate response time from log

I have a running log file (jboss_server.log) which rotates at midnight . I need to constantly check and calculate the time for each thread and alert if it doesnt complete within 60 minute. For example my log file has following printed . I want to run a script in cron every 30 minutes and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gubbu
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

Tshark/pcap and web-server response time

Hi everyone! How can I get response time difference between GET and HTTP/1.0 200 OK (i mean time latency of web-server) with using of tshark&shell or something else for each hostname from pcap file? What can you recommend me to do that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lepetal
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate avg response time on hourly basis

Hi, I am trying to calculate avg response time on hourly basis from the log file which has millions of records. As of now I am trying with creating temp file which will have lines with unique id and start time and end time and after that another script will run on this temp file to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: random_thoughts
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check response time from nginx logs

Hi, My goal is to monitor the response time from the access logs of nginx server. I am using gawk to print the needed fields - 'response time' and 'name of the service' from nginx logs. Command: gawk '($6 ~ /cloudservice/) {print $10, $6}' access.log Output: 0.645 /nc/cloudservice... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nshah11
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi threading - running multiple processes at the same time

so i've been using this a lot in a lot of my scripts: ( columnA & columnAPID=$! & columnB & columnBPID=$! & columnC & columnCPID=$! &) & wait ${columnAPID} wait ${columnBPID} wait ${columnCPID} It seems to work as ive seen it dramatically reduce run time of my scripts. however, i'm... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Many processes running at the same time

Hello everybody , I launched cron to execute a task every hour but the job takes more than hour that's why I'm getting more than 1000 cron processes running at the same time !!! My question is how to tell cron not to execute unless the job terminated in order to have only one process running .... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: beautymind
14 Replies
PIDOF(8)						Linux System Administrator's Manual						  PIDOF(8)

NAME
pidof -- find the process ID of a running program. SYNOPSIS
pidof [-s] [-c] [-n] [-x] [-o omitpid[,omitpid..]] [-o omitpid[,omitpid..]..] program [program..] DESCRIPTION
Pidof finds the process id's (pids) of the named programs. It prints those id's on the standard output. This program is on some systems used in run-level change scripts, especially when the system has a System-V like rc structure. In that case these scripts are located in /etc/rc?.d, where ? is the runlevel. If the system has a start-stop-daemon (8) program that should be used instead. OPTIONS
-s Single shot - this instructs the program to only return one pid. -c Only return process ids that are running with the same root directory. This option is ignored for non-root users, as they will be unable to check the current root directory of processes they do not own. -n Avoid stat(2) system function call on all binaries which are located on network based file systems like NFS. Instead of using this option the the variable PIDOF_NETFS may be set and exported. -x Scripts too - this causes the program to also return process id's of shells running the named scripts. -o omitpid Tells pidof to omit processes with that process id. The special pid %PPID can be used to name the parent process of the pidof pro- gram, in other words the calling shell or shell script. EXIT STATUS
0 At least one program was found with the requested name. 1 No program was found with the requested name. NOTES
pidof is actually the same program as killall5; the program behaves according to the name under which it is called. When pidof is invoked with a full pathname to the program it should find the pid of, it is reasonably safe. Otherwise it is possible that it returns pids of running programs that happen to have the same name as the program you're after but are actually other programs. Note that that the executable name of running processes is calculated with readlink(2), so symbolic links to executables will also match. SEE ALSO
shutdown(8), init(8), halt(8), reboot(8), killall5(8) AUTHOR
Miquel van Smoorenburg, miquels@cistron.nl 01 Sep 1998 PIDOF(8)