Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Fdisk and grep command not working in udev trigger Post 303023162 by RudiC on Wednesday 12th of September 2018 02:54:40 PM
Old 09-12-2018
Just a shot in the dark: did you consider supplying the full pathnames?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

udev core 5

installed fedora core 5 on a pc with USB and some usual things. in boot up it is stopped at "Starting udev:". Its harddisk light is busy. is it reconfiguring the kernel?. what do to solve this problem?. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: GJ2
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I trigger another make command when one is finished?

Hello all I have to run manually make commands in our system the make compilations task's takes very long And I like to be able to run another make task right after one is finished. What is the best way to automate it ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fdisk with grep problem

Hello! rescuecd:/var# fdisk -l | grep stupid Disk /dev/sda doesn't contain a valid partition table Disk /dev/sdb doesn't contain a valid partition table rescuecd:/var# It shows always this statement. Why? :( Raw fdisk -l shows rescuecd:/var# fdisk -l Disk /dev/sda: 750.1 GB,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pug123
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command is not working when put into cron

Hi, I worte a script which runs perfect when i execute it manually. But when i scheduled into cron the grep command alone is not working. the sample script, /usr/bin/grep FTP $subfile > /tmp/tfsrec.dat tfs=`echo $?` if then echo "FTP FOUND" else echo "FTP NOT FOUND" Where... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thiru_cs
5 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Udev label removes corresponding fdisk, sfdisk or lsvdev entry

I'm curious about the behavior where any udev labeled device causes that corresponding listing to disappear from fdisk, sfdisk, or in the case of RDAC, lsvdev. I have seen this on both EMC clariion and Sun Storagetek/Engenio 6540 arrays. We use RHEL5.1 and udev to create persistent labels for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Radar
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass params with Udev

Hello! I'm sorry if this is the false Forum, didn't really knew where to put it... My question: I have serveral USB-Sticks and wrote several Udev-Rules for theme, each Sticks needs to do something else, but all are using the same script (they have common tasks to do) and only some parts are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: al0x
2 Replies

7. Solaris

what is the fdisk -l command of SUN

I use fdisk -l command to see the attached hard disk drives in rhel5 and cntos 5.5 what is the same command for sun 5.9 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in automating "fdisk" command using send and expect

hi i want to automate fdisk command . i spawned a process containing fdisk command from a process and tried to send the options to fdisk promt from that process. but that spawed process is notstarting itself help me out trying for two days :wall: my code: #!/bin/bash echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagak89
5 Replies

9. BSD

OpenBSD fdisk - Linux fdisk compatibility ?

Hello, MBR partition table made by linux fdisk looks certainly not correct when printed by openbsd fdisk: Partition table created on linux (centos 6.3): # fdisk -l /dev/sdc Disk /dev/sdc: 10.7 GB, 10737418240 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 1305 cylinders Units = cylinders of 16065 *... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep command is not working

I have made a program that reads a text file and checks for palindromic words and then outputs them. They each appear on a new line with a count of the number of occurences beside each of the words. Requirements for being classed as palindrome are that the word must have at least 3 letters and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: greenhouse91
7 Replies
ppmtopj(1)						      General Commands Manual							ppmtopj(1)

NAME
ppmtopj - convert a portable pixmap to an HP PaintJet file SYNOPSIS
ppmtopj [-gamma val] [-xpos val] [-ypos val] [-back dark|lite] [-rle] [-center] [-render none|snap|bw|dither|diffuse|monodither|monodif- fuse|clusterdither|monoclusterdither] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input and converts it into a format suitable to be printed by an HP PaintJet printer. For best results, the input file should be in 8-color RGB form; i.e. it should have only the 8 binary combinations of full-on and full-off primaries. You could get this by sending the input file through ppmquant -map with a map file such as: P3 8 1 255 0 0 0 255 0 0 0 255 0 0 0 255 255 255 0 255 0 255 0 255 255 255 255 255 Or else you could use use ppmdither -red 2 -green 2 -blue 2. OPTIONS
-rle Run length encode the image. (This can result in larger images) -back Enhance the foreground by indicating if the background is light or dark compated to the foreground. -render alg Use an internal rendering algorithm (default dither). -gamma int Gamma correct the image using the integet parameter as a gamma (default 0). -center Center the image to an 8.5 by 11 page -xpos pos Move by pos pixels in the x direction. -ypos pos Move by pos pixels in the y direction. REFERENCES
HP PaintJet XL Color Graphics Printer User's Guide SEE ALSO
pnmdepth(1), ppmquant(1), ppmdither(1), ppm(5) BUGS
Most of the options have not been tested because of the price of the paper. AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Christos Zoulas. 13 July 1991 ppmtopj(1)