Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Expect /bash, 2 ssh login users Post 303022994 by Scott on Monday 10th of September 2018 09:19:29 AM
Old 09-10-2018

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Not able to login as normal users through console /telnet/ssh

Hi , I am having problem,users are not able to login through ssh or telnet.Only we can login as root user in console. Restarted telnet and sshd ,no luck. Any ideas. AIX -- 5.2 ML 07 Thanks, MNK (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mnkfre
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script for ssh login-

hi. I need a bash script which can login to an other mashin via SSH and then run some commands and then return the result to my mashine. I dont know where to begin, I think first I will need a ssh connection, dont know how to make it, then , do I need a ftp connection between the 2 mashins to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: big_pil
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash ssh login script

hello anyone have done ssh login script without "expect" (automatic login from host A / user b to Host B / user b without enter any passwords)? cheers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: modcan
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH ssh login

Ok, there's been a good number of posts about this, but here goes. I want a script to log in to a system via ssh without using keys. This will be used to log in to Cisco IOS devices. I have tried the following, but could not get it to work: SSH login expect shell script to supply username and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mike909
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash, ssh and expect to multiple ip addresses

Hi, I need script that will allow me to connect to multiple clients using ssh on Ubuntu terminal... I have a txt file with the ip addresses of clients, i need a script that will connect to everyone one by one and send some commands... The idea is to check some settings on every client... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marko07
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

RHEL: Users unable to login via SSH

removing the post (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: titanic4u
6 Replies

7. HP-UX

How to set PATH variable for all HP-UX users when they login using ssh?

Hello friends, I need to set PATH variable for all HP-UX users. I tried to implement it using /etc/profile and /etc/sshrc both none of them work. I don't see sshrc file anywhere. Please advise! TIA (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script ssh passwordless login

how can i use an expect script to do a passwordless ssh login and run a script on a bunch of remote hosts? I do not want to use public key authentication as this would require me to setup the keys on the clients etc.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tdubb123
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automate OTPW login to ssh via bash script

Hello everyone. I'm a Linux novice trying out a lot of bash scripting lately, as it is so very addictive. Lately I have been setting up one of my boxes remotely and have been hardening it as much as possible. Please allow me to explain the scenario, as it does tend to become a little... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: instro
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cisco, 2 ssh logins for expect /bash

HI all i need to connect to about 900 cisco routers and switch to do some configs changes. the issue i am having is that half the devices have one set of username and password and the other half have another username and password. From expect or bash script i can ssh into a device and make... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: quintin
0 Replies
SSH-COPY-ID(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SSH-COPY-ID(1)

NAME
ssh-copy-id - install your public key in a remote machine's authorized_keys SYNOPSIS
ssh-copy-id [-i [identity_file]] [user@]machine DESCRIPTION
ssh-copy-id is a script that uses ssh to log into a remote machine (presumably using a login password, so password authentication should be enabled, unless you've done some clever use of multiple identities) It also changes the permissions of the remote user's home, ~/.ssh, and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys to remove group writability (which would oth- erwise prevent you from logging in, if the remote sshd has StrictModes set in its configuration). If the -i option is given then the identity file (defaults to ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub) is used, regardless of whether there are any keys in your ssh-agent. Otherwise, if this: ssh-add -L provides any output, it uses that in preference to the identity file. If the -i option is used, or the ssh-add produced no output, then it uses the contents of the identity file. Once it has one or more fin- gerprints (by whatever means) it uses ssh to append them to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine (creating the file, and directory, if necessary) SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-agent(1), sshd(8) OpenSSH 14 November 1999 SSH-COPY-ID(1)