Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: I need technical support
Contact Us Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems I need technical support Post 303022852 by Neo on Saturday 8th of September 2018 02:13:31 PM
Old 09-08-2018
Please note in the future we we create a new area on the site where unregistered users can post technical questions.

However, this particular forum is for user registration and other support questions related to the use of the forums.

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. What is on Your Mind?

UNIX.com Free Technical Support Infographic on YouTube

Still learning Adobe After Effects, I just put together this 1 minute infographic for the site. I could have done a better job with the resolutions of some of the "in laptop" screen shots; but then again, I'm not even close to being an expert on all these Adobe graphics tools, but I had fun... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
DPKG-PRECONFIGURE(8)						      Debconf						      DPKG-PRECONFIGURE(8)

NAME
dpkg-preconfigure - let packages ask questions prior to their installation SYNOPSIS
dpkg-preconfigure [options] package.deb dpkg-preconfigure --apt DESCRIPTION
dpkg-preconfigure lets packages ask questions before they are installed. It operates on a set of debian packages, and all packages that use debconf will have their config script run so they can examine the system and ask questions. OPTIONS
-ftype, --frontend=type Select the frontend to use. -pvalue, --priority=value Set the lowest priority of questions you are interested in. Any questions with a priority below the selected priority will be ignored and their default answers will be used. --terse Enables terse output mode. This affects only some frontends. --apt Run in apt mode. It will expect to read a set of package filenames from stdin, rather than getting them as parameters. Typically this is used to make apt run dpkg-preconfigure on all packages before they are installed. To do this, add something like this to /etc/apt/apt.conf: // Pre-configure all packages before // they are installed. DPkg::Pre-Install-Pkgs { "dpkg-preconfigure --apt --priority=low"; }; -h, --help Display usage help. SEE ALSO
debconf(7) AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 2018-02-28 DPKG-PRECONFIGURE(8)