Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Cut Over to New Data Center and Upgraded OS Done. :) Post 303022826 by Scrutinizer on Saturday 8th of September 2018 02:54:00 AM
Old 09-08-2018
Nice..
This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Cloud Enabling Computing for the Next Generation Data Center

Hear how the changing needs of massive scale-out computing is driving a transfomation in technology and learn how HP is supporting this new evolution of the web. More... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

Need to set up a HP cluster system in a data center

What are the server requirements, Software requirements, Network requirements etc, Please help me.. as 'm new 'm unable to get things done @ my end alone. Please refrain from typing subjects completely in upper case letters to get more attention, ty. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sounddappan
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Failure rate of a node / Data center

Hi, Please, i have a history of the state of each node in my data center. an history about the failure of my cluster (UN: node up, DN: node down). Here is some lines of the history: 08:51:36 UN 127.0.0.1 08:51:36 UN 127.0.0.2 08:51:36 UN 127.0.0.3 08:53:50 DN 127.0.0.1 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
6 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Resolved: Issue in Server Data Center

Dear All, There was a problem in the data center data, which caused the server to be unreachable for about an hour. Server logs show the server did not crash or go down. Hence, I assume there was a networking issue at the data center. Still waiting for final word on what happened. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

OUTAGE: Data Center Problem Resolved.

There was a problem with our data center today, creating a site outage (server unreachable). That problem has been resolved. Basically, it seems to have been a socially engineered denial-of-service attack against UNIX.com; which I stopped as soon as I found out what the problem was. Total... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies
NICE(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   NICE(1)

NAME
nice, nohup - run a command at low priority (sh only) SYNOPSIS
nice [ -number ] command [ arguments ] nohup command [ arguments ] DESCRIPTION
Nice executes command with low scheduling priority. If the number argument is present, the priority is incremented (higher numbers mean lower priorities) by that amount up to a limit of 20. The default number is 10. The super-user may run commands with priority higher than normal by using a negative priority, e.g. `--10'. Nohup executes command immune to hangup and terminate signals from the controlling terminal. The priority is incremented by 5. Nohup should be invoked from the shell with `&' in order to prevent it from responding to interrupts by or stealing the input from the next per- son who logs in on the same terminal. FILES
nohup.out standard output and standard error file under nohup SEE ALSO
csh(1), setpriority(2), renice(8) DIAGNOSTICS
Nice returns the exit status of the subject command. BUGS
Nice and nohup are particular to sh(1). If you use csh(1), then commands executed with ``&'' are automatically immune to hangup signals while in the background. There is a builtin command nohup which provides immunity from terminate, but it does not redirect output to nohup.out. Nice is built into csh(1) with a slightly different syntax than described here. The form ``nice +10'' nices to positive nice, and ``nice -10'' can be used by the super-user to give a process more of the processor. 4th Berkeley Distribution May 8, 1986 NICE(1)