Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl script to fill the entire row of Excel file with color based on pattern match Post 303022215 by kshitij on Tuesday 28th of August 2018 12:21:17 AM
Old 08-28-2018
Can anybody help me our by replying to this query ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to match a pattern and print lines

Hi I have a file (say 'file1')and I want to search for a first occurence of pattern (say 'ERROR') and print ten lines in the file below pattern. I have to code it in PERL and I am using Solaris 5.9. I appreciate any help with code Thanks Ammu (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge two file data together based on specific pattern match

My input: File_1: 2000_t g1110.b1 abb.1 2001_t g1111.b1 abb.2 abb.2 g1112.b1 abb.3 2002_t . . File_2: 2000_t Ali england 135 abb.1 Zoe british 150 2001_t Ali england 305 g1111.b1 Lucy russia 126 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Match pattern in a field, print pattern only instead of the entire field

Hi ! I have a tab-delimited file, file.tab: Column1 Column2 Column3 aaaaaaaaaa bbtomatoesbbbbbb cccccccccc ddddddddd eeeeappleseeeeeeeee ffffffffffffff ggggggggg hhhhhhtomatoeshhh iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucasvs
18 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed - Split large file into smaller files based on pattern match

Help needed urgently please. I have a large file - a few hundred thousand lines. Sample CP START ACCOUNT 1234556 name 1 CP END ACCOUNT CP START ACCOUNT 2224444 name 1 CP END ACCOUNT CP START ACCOUNT 333344444 name 1 CP END ACCOUNT I need to split this file each time "CP START... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with ksh-to read ip file & append lines to another file based on pattern match

Hi, I need help with this- input.txt : L B white X Y white A B brown M Y black Read this input file and if 3rd column is "white", then add specific lines to another file insert.txt. If 3rd column is brown, add different set of lines to insert.txt, and so on. For example, the given... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashob123
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to Merge contents of 2 different excel files in a single excel file

All, I have an excel sheet Excel1.xls that has some entries. I have one more excel sheet Excel2.xls that has entries only in those cells which are blank in Excel1.xls These may be in different workbooks. They are totally independent made by 2 different users. I have placed them in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anamika08
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fill csv entire column with content from another text file

I have a csv that looks like this: ,yude-to-nap2,0,0,0,0,0 ,2twis-yude-to-nap2,0,0,0,0,0 ,2tiws-yude-to-nap2,0,0,0,0,0 ,2arcos-yude-to-nap2,0,0,0,0,0 and another file named m1 that has a single line of text as content: Feb 1 15:30:20 How can I fill the whole the empty column of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RobertoRivera
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to update value based on pattern match in another file

In the awk, thanks you @RavinderSingh13, for the help in below, hopefully it is close as I am trying to update the value in $12 of the tab-delimeted file2 with the matching value in $1 of the space delimeted file1. I have added comments for each line as well. Thank you :). awk awk '$12 ==... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Match pattern only between certain lines in entire file

Hello, I have input that looks like this: * 0 -1 103 0 0 m. 7 LineNr 23 ClauseNr 1: 1: 1: 304: 0 0 SentenceNr 13 TxtType: Q Pargr: 2.1 ClType:MSyn PS004,006 ZBX= 0 1 1 0 7 -1 -1 3 2 3 2 -1 1 1 -1 -1 -1 -1 0 501 0 PS004,006 ZBX ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvoot
2 Replies
wsreg_query_set_location(3WSREG)		    Product Install Registry Library Functions			  wsreg_query_set_location(3WSREG)

NAME
wsreg_query_set_location, wsreg_query_get_location - set or get the location of a query SYNOPSIS
cc [flag ...] file ...-lwsreg [library ...] #include <wsreg.h> int wsreg_query_set_location(Wsreg_query *query, const char *location); char *wsreg_query_get_location(Wsreg_query *query); DESCRIPTION
The wsreg_query_set_location() function sets the location specified by location in the query specified by query. If a location has already been set in the specified query, the resources associated with the previously set location are released. The wsreg_query_get_location() function gets the location string from the query specified by query. RETURN VALUES
The wsreg_query_set_location() function returns a non-zero value if the location was set correctly; otherwise 0 is returned. The wsreg_query_get_location() function returns the location from the specified query structure. The resulting location string is not a copy, so it must not be released by the caller. USAGE
The query identifies fields used to search for a specific component in the product install registry. By specifying the install location, the component search is narrowed to all components in the product install registry that are installed in the same location. Other fields can be specified in the same query to further narrow the search. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
wsreg_get(3WSREG), wsreg_initialize(3WSREG), wsreg_query_create(3WSREG), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 22 Sep 2000 wsreg_query_set_location(3WSREG)