Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Split file using awk
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Split file using awk Post 303022198 by vgersh99 on Monday 27th of August 2018 10:39:24 AM
Old 08-27-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebud123
Thanks.

Is there a way to not hard code 2017 and 2018 , rather pass them as a parameters ?
they are being passed as parameters.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split file using awk

I am trying to read a file and split the file into multiple files. I need to create new files with different set of lines from the original file. ie, the first output file may contain 10 lines and the second 100 lines and so on. The criteria is to get the lines between two lines starting with some... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvar
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split a file with no pattern -- Split, Csplit, Awk

I have gone through all the threads in the forum and tested out different things. I am trying to split a 3GB file into multiple files. Some files are even larger than this. For example: split -l 3000000 filename.txt This is very slow and it splits the file with 3 million records in each... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhunk
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

split file with awk

I did a lot of search on this forum on spiting file; found a lot, but my requirement is a bit different, please guide. Master file: x:start:5 line1:23 line2:12 2:90 x:end:5 x:start:2 45:56 22:90 x:end:2 x:start:3 line1:23 line2:12 x:end:3 x:start:2 line5:23 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uwork72
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - split file

How can I split a text file (in awk) in n others with number of record given in input? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinguc
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

split a file using awk

Hi , I just need to split a file and outputfiles are redirected to gzip file need: Input file - A.gz content of A.gz is 100|sfdds|dffdds|200112|sdfdf 100|sfdds|dffdds|200112|sdfdf 100|sfdds|dffdds|200112|sdfdf 100|sfdds|dffdds|200212|sdfdf 100|sfdds|dffdds|200212|sdfdf... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan_xunil
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split a file using AWK?

Hello, I have a file like the following: david,a,b,c,20,r thomas,a,b,c,30,r willaiam,a,b,c,80,r barbara,a,b,c,100,r I would like to split the file into other files using a condition for the contents of column 5. The condition should be a if the contents of column 5 is in a range... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: keenboy100
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK File Split

Hi All, Input.txt XYZONEABC                  CZXTWOJJJ KKKSIXOOO asdfhajlsdhfajs asdfasfasdf Output Files: ONE.txt XYZONEABC                 TWO.txt CZXTWOJJJ SIX.txt KKKSIXOOO I had a script (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmsekhar
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a file with awk

Hi! I have a file like this: a,b,c,12,d,e a,b,c,13,d,e a,b,c,14,d,e a,b,c,15,d,e a,b,c,16,d,e a,b,c,17,d,e I need to split that file in two: If field 4 is equal or higher than 14 that row goes to one file and if it is equal or higher than 15 to another. Can anyone point me in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tr0cken
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split File by Pattern with File Names in Source File... Awk?

Hi all, I'm pretty new to Shell scripting and I need some help to split a source text file into multiple files. The source has a row with pattern where the file needs to be split, and the pattern row also contains the file name of the destination for that specific piece. Here is an example: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cul8er
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk file split

Hi all, First of all I' like to mention that I'm pretty new to unix scripting. :( I'm trying to split an large xml with awk and rename it based on the values of two attributes. Example XML <RECORD> <element1>11</element1> <element2>22</element2> <element3>33</element3>... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: f0usk4s
18 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)