Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using :<<cut / cut to comment out block of bash script Post 303021919 by annacreek on Monday 20th of August 2018 01:45:10 PM
Old 08-20-2018
Using :<<cut / cut to comment out block of bash script

I am using : << cut / cut to comment out block of code.
Works fine on few lines of script, then it gives me this cryptic error when I try to comment out about 80 lines.

The "warning " is at last line of script.

Code:
 done < results
 169  echo "END read all positioning parameters" 
 170 pause
 171 }
 173 :<<cut         ERROR HERE  
 174 #do
 175 #if [ "$(( $choice % 2))" -ne 0 ]; 
 176 # echo $choice
 177 #done 
 178  pause 
 179 while read choice

Code:
   	 	 	 	   pi@pi:/usr/bin $ sudo Z-5.sh
 + debug=true
 /usr/bin/Z-5.sh: line 3540: warning: here-document at line 173 delimited by end-of-file (wanted `cut')
 + :
 /usr/bin/Z-5.sh: line 173: % 2: syntax error: operand expected (error token is "% 2")
 pi@pi:/usr/bin $

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cut usage in bash

Hello, Could you put some light on this: > echo "ref_categorie=test" | cut -c1-15- test > echo "ref_categorie=test" | cut -c1-14- =test echo "ref_categorie=test" | cut -c15- test echo "ref_categorie=test" | cut -c15 t > It's executed on AIX if that matters. The man page is not very... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsurko
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut out string in bash script

Hi all, I'm trying to extract string from variable in BASH. That's probably trivial for grep but I couldn't figure it out. I want to get name, there's sometimes digit after it, but it should be left out. STRING=http://name5.domain.com:8000/file.dat Could someone help me with that? Any... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cootue
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut Command error cut: Bad range

Hi Can anyone what I am doing wrong while using cut command. for f in *.log do logfilename=$f Log "Log file Name: $logfilename" logfile1=`basename $logfilename .log` flength=${#logfile1} Log "file length $flength" from_length=$(($flength - 15)) Log "from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgmm
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cut command: can't make it cut fields

I'm a complete beginner in UNIX (and not a computer science student either), just undergoing a tutoring course. Trying to replicate the instructions on my own I directed output of the ls listing command (lists all files of my home directory ) to My_dir.tsv file (see the screenshot) to make use of... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: scrutinizerix
9 Replies
gst-complete-0.8(1)						   User Commands					       gst-complete-0.8(1)

NAME
gst-complete-0.8, gst-complete - perform bash completion for gst-launch command lines SYNOPSIS
complete -Cgst-complete-0.8 gst-launch gst-complete [--gst-list-mm] [--gst-mm=string] [--print] DESCRIPTION
gst-complete-0.8 enables bash to provide context-sensitive tab completion for gst-launch command lines. See gst-launch(1) for the syntax of gst-launch command lines. You must have a version of bash that supports programmable completion. Such versions of bash provide the complete built-in command. gst-complete is a wrapper script that runs the latest installed version of gst-complete-X.X. For example, if both gst-complete-0.7 and gst- complete-0.8 are installed on your system, gst-complete runs gst-complete-0.8. OPTIONS
The following options are supported by gst-complete-0.8 and gst-complete: --help Display detailed usage message. You can also use -? to specify this option. The following options are supported by gst-complete only: --gst-list-mm List found major/minor versions. This option displays the versions that are available. --gst-mm=string Force major/minor version. This option enables you to specify a specific version to run, if you do not want to run the default version. --print Print wrapped command line. This option displays the command that will be run, and then runs the command. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Generating the Registry of Available Plugins by Running gst-compprep Run the following command in your .bash_profile or other appropriate place: example% complete -C gst-complete-0.8 gst-launch Example 2: Running the Wrapper Script and Displaying the Command Name example% gst-complete --print /usr/bin/gst-complete-0.8 FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gst-complete-0.Executable for bash completion for gst-launch /usr/bin/gst-complete Wrapper script that runs the latest installed version of gst-complete-X.X ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-media | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gst-compprep(1), gst-feedback(1), gst-inspect(1), gst-launch(1), gst-launch-ext(1), gst-md5sum(1), gst-register(1), gst-thumbnail(1), gst- typefind(1), gst-xmlinspect(1), gst-xmllaunch(1), gstreamer-properties(1), libgstreamer-0.8(3), libgstgetbits(3) NOTES
Original man page written by the GStreamer team at http://gstreamer.net/. Updated by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 14 Oct 2004 gst-complete-0.8(1)