Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to use Virtual Tape?
Operating Systems AIX How to use Virtual Tape? Post 303021723 by MichaelFelt on Wednesday 15th of August 2018 01:09:00 PM
Old 08-15-2018
In this case I expect you will need to remove it first. Not because you could have two virtual tapedrives, but because I expect you only have one Backing Device (in your case qadisk1).

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Space free on tape /delete a single file on tape

Hi, I' using a sun solaris server, I would like to known if there is the possibility to control how many space is free on a tape and how I can delete a single file on a tape. Thanks DOMENICO (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Minguccio75
3 Replies

2. SCO

Tape Status shows 2 Hard errors and 5 Underruns on new tape

when I do a tape status /dev/rStp0 I get the following on a new tape and I have tried several: Status : ready beginning-of-tape soft errors : 0 hard errors: 2 underruns: 5 My BackupEdge has stopped backing up my system because it asks for a new volume yet my total system data is under 20... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: psytropic
5 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

eject virtual tape

Hi i´m working with aix 6.1 and DL4100 (virtual tape library from EMC) and i makes backups (mksysb) into virtual drive (virtual standalone drive). I need eject de tape when backup is finished and I don't now what command use. Thanks for your help. The commands mt and tctl doesn't works.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolaf
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Is there any Virtual data center as we have Virtual Machine?

Do we have any Virtual Data Center software as we have Virtual Machine? I want to practice everything of Solaris practically but i don't have resources like data center which includes Servers, Data storages, switches, and other things. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karman0931
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Have to log out of a virtual terminal twice in order to exit virtual terminals

Not really a newbie, but I have a strange problem and I'm not sure how to further troubleshoot it. I have to log out of a virtual terminal by typing exit, then exit again as in: woodnt@toshiba-laptop ~ $ exit logout woodnt@toshiba-laptop ~ $ exit logout I DON'T have to do this when I'm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Narnie
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Change hostID of Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine installed by Virtual Box 4.1.12 on Windows-XP host

Trying to set or modify the randomly set hostID of a Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine that I installed on a Windows-XP host machine (using Virtual Box 4.1.12). I was able to set/modify the hostname of the Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine during installation as well as via the Virtual Box... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matt_VB
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to add virtual tape?

Dear All, I have some lpar that i want to connect with DAT tape drive. how can i add to the lpar, so can access the tape drive here is the detail of my lpar: root@erpqa:/>uname -L 2 erpqa root@erpqa:/>lsdev -Cc tape rmt0 Defined Virtual Tape Drive rmt1 Available... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: only
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Providing virtual machine priority in kvm based virtual machines

Hi All, Is there any way I can prioritize my VMs when there is resource crunch in host machine so that some VMs will be allocated more vcpu, more memory than other VMs in kvm/qemu hypervisor based virtual machines? Lets say in my cloud environment my Ubuntu 16 compute hosts are running some... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SanjayK
0 Replies
BACKUP_DELHOST(8)					       AFS Command Reference						 BACKUP_DELHOST(8)

NAME
       backup_delhost - Deletes a Tape Coordinator entry from the Backup Database

SYNOPSIS
       backup delhost -tapehost <tape machine name>
	   [-portoffset <TC port offset>] [-localauth]
	   [-cell <cell name>] [-help]

backup delh -t <tape machine name>
	   [-p <TC port offset>]
	   [-l] [-c <cell name>] [-h]

DESCRIPTION
       The backup delhost command deletes the indicated Tape Coordinator entry from the Backup Database. It is then impossible to submit backup
       operations to that Tape Coordinator, even if it is still running. To keep configuration information consistent, also remove the
       corresponding entry from the /var/lib/openafs/backup/tapeconfig file on the Tape Coordinator machine.

To list the Tape Coordinator machines and port offsets defined in the Backup Database, issue the backup listhosts command.

OPTIONS
       -tapehost <tape machine name>
	   Specifies the hostname of the machine housing the Tape Coordinator to delete.

-portoffset <TC port offset>
	   Specifies the port offset number of the Tape Coordinator to delete.	If omitted, it defaults to 0. If provided, it is an integer
	   between 0 (zero) and 58510, and must match the port offset number assigned to the same combination of Tape Coordinator and tape device
	   or file in the /var/lib/openafs/backup/tapeconfig file on the Tape Coordinator machine indicated by the -tapehost argument.

-localauth
	   Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The backup command interpreter presents it to
	   the Backup Server, Volume Server and VL Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell argument. For more
	   details, see backup(8).

-cell <cell name>
	   Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see backup(8).

-help
	   Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored.

EXAMPLES
       The following command deletes the Backup Database entry for the Tape Coordinator with port offset 2 on the Tape Coordinator machine
       "backup3.abc.com":

% backup delhost -tapehost backup3.abc.com -portoffset 2

PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
       The issuer must be listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on every machine where the Backup Server is running, or must be logged
       onto a server machine as the local superuser "root" if the -localauth flag is included.

SEE ALSO
       backup(8), backup_addhost(8), backup_listhosts(8)

COPYRIGHT
       IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved.

This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0.  It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas
       Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell.

OpenAFS 							    2012-03-26							 BACKUP_DELHOST(8)