Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Similar Threads: More UNIX and Linux Forum Topics You Might Find Helpful Update Post 303021572 by RudiC on Monday 13th of August 2018 03:49:38 AM
Old 08-13-2018
Unfortunately, I have absolutely no command of PHP, so posting the code would not fall on fertile soil. That's also why I regrettably can't offer any help in the project.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Similar Threads - a new vB3 feature for UNIX.COM

Note the new feature on UNIX.COM, many thread at the bottom of the page have a new feature: Similiar Threads Here is an example on one of Perderabo's posts: https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?t=16337 Kudos to the vB folks for this built-in feature!! Neo (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Forum Update New Steps for UNIX.com

Dear Everyone, Thank you for all the great comments, feedback and patience during our recent modernization efforts at unix.com. Now, I need to decide where to go next, as we move into the next phase. Some of the ideas I have are: Make the UserCP experience and all those non-public... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Similar Threads Redesign for UNIX.com

Hello. I have redesigned our "similar threads" for a more "clean style" in both the desktop view and the mobile view for the forum "show thread". The new design is a simple straight-forward use of div elements and all the legacy table elements have been removed. The result is a "clean"... (7 Replies)
7 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Similar Threads for Man Pages - In Development

FYI, I have been quietly updating the man page database adding "similar threads" for man pages. STEP 1: Full Text MySQL DB Search Matches The first step, after creating the DB columns, was to process each of the nearly 400K man pages and do a full text mysql search, match and score... (10 Replies)
10 Replies
PTHREAD_KILL_OTHER_THREADS_NP(3)			     Linux Programmer's Manual				  PTHREAD_KILL_OTHER_THREADS_NP(3)

NAME
pthread_kill_other_threads_np - terminate all other threads in process SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> void pthread_kill_other_threads_np(void); DESCRIPTION
pthread_kill_other_threads_np() only has an effect in the LinuxThreads threading implementation. On that implementation, calling this function causes the immediate termination of all threads in the application, except the calling thread. The cancellation state and cancel- lation type of the to-be-terminated threads are ignored, and the cleanup handlers are not called in those threads. CONFORMING TO
This function is a nonstandard GNU extension. NOTES
pthread_kill_other_threads_np() is intended to be called just before a thread calls execve(2) or a similar function. This function is designed to address a limitation in the obsolete LinuxThreads implementation whereby the other threads of an application are not automati- cally terminated (as POSIX.1-2001 requires) during execve(2). In the NPTL threading implementation, pthread_kill_other_threads_np() exists, but does nothing. (Nothing needs to be done, because the implementation does the right thing during an execve(2).) SEE ALSO
execve(2), pthread_setcancelstate(3), pthread_setcanceltype(3), pthread_cancel(3), pthreads(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.25 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2009-01-28 PTHREAD_KILL_OTHER_THREADS_NP(3)