Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unable to search NFS Share
Special Forums IP Networking Unable to search NFS Share Post 303021288 by hicksd8 on Tuesday 7th of August 2018 04:01:40 PM
Old 08-07-2018
I'd suggest that "List folder contents" is missing from the Windows permissions. That should fix it. On Windows NFS shares you get the lesser of the NTFS and NFS set permissions.

Bedtime reading from Microsoft blog site here.

Last edited by hicksd8; 08-08-2018 at 05:23 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to hicksd8 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Unable to mount NFS share during boot

Hello Everyone, I have a pseries machine running AIX 4.3.3 that has an invalid IP in /etc/hosts. During a boot the system hangs because it's trying to mount an NFS share to this invalid IP. I've tried to boot the system from a mksysb (not sure if the device was defined as rmt0) and AIX CD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jlslhills
0 Replies

2. Solaris

NFS share options

Hello, I'm doing a Perl script to parse the dfstab file and find dangerous configurations (rw to everyone, root access, etc). My question is, if I have a share command like this: share -F nfs -o ro=chrome:copper:zinc,root=chrome /usr/man it means that the /usr/man is "rw" to everyone... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: psimoes79
6 Replies

3. Red Hat

NFS share error

I got a problem while creating files on a NFS mounted share in a RHEL box. That is when I create an empty file, this is what appears on the screen ############################################### E325: ATTENTION Found a swap file by the name ".test.swp" owned by: jsmith dated: Tue... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcmrulzz
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Unable to access NFS share on Solaris Server from Linux client

Hi, I am trying to access a NFS shared directory on Solaris 10 Server from a client which is RHEL 4 Server. On the NFS Server, in /etc/dfs/, I added following line to dfstab file. share -F nfs -o rw /var/share & then ran the following svcadm -v enable -r... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunilB2011
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

NFS share

Hi, I have an NFS server, i want to mount that nfs share which is having around 500GB to my client system. But my client system doesnt have any free space, is it possible to mount that nfs share in my client. Regards, Mastan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mastansaheb
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permissions for NFS share

Hi, I have created a NFS share in Solaris 10 server1 and mounted it on solaris 10 server 2.But I want to change owner of the files from nobody to a particular user in client. Which command should I use. I have tried the following but it doesn't allow to change permissions in the server2 as... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rossdba
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to write to a mounted NFS share

Hi All, I created a nfs share in the server(Solaris 10) with the following command and also updated the dfstab file share -F nfs -o rw=server_name2,anon=0 /to_share And then in the client(solaris 10) added the following command to mount the share mount -F nfs server_name1:/to_share... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rossdba
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

NFS share and groups

I am having an issue with getting the proper group settings on NFS-shared directories. NFS server, NFServe, nfs-shares hundreds of project directories...running Solaris 10 latest patches/updates. SAS server, SAServe, statistical analysis server running on RedHat 7 with latest kernel/patches/etc.... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjhilinski
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mount NFS Share On NFS Client via bash script.

I need a help of good people with effective bash script to mount nfs shared, By the way I did the searches, since i haven't found that someone wrote a script like this in the past, I'm sure it will serve more people. The scenario as follow: An NFS Client with Daily CRON , running bash script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brian.t
4 Replies

10. AIX

Unable to mount previously-working NFS share from NIM to LPAR

Right, now that I've finally worked out this website, I'll ask my question! I am having an absolute nightmare with NFS on AIX. I have used it many times, and I know what I'm doing, however I cannot fathom what is going on here. I have 2 LPARs, sitting on the same physical host. They are... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmooredba
12 Replies
NTFSFIX(8)						      System Manager's Manual							NTFSFIX(8)

NAME
ntfsfix - fix common errors and force Windows to check NTFS SYNOPSIS
ntfsfix [options] device DESCRIPTION
ntfsfix is a utility that fixes some common NTFS problems. ntfsfix is NOT a Linux version of chkdsk. It only repairs some fundamental NTFS inconsistencies, resets the NTFS journal file and schedules an NTFS consistency check for the first boot into Windows. You may run ntfsfix on an NTFS volume if you think it was damaged by Windows or some other way and it cannot be mounted. OPTIONS
Below is a summary of all the options that ntfsfix accepts. Nearly all options have two equivalent names. The short name is preceded by - and the long name is preceded by --. Any single letter options, that don't take an argument, can be combined into a single command, e.g. -fv is equivalent to -f -v. Long named options can be abbreviated to any unique prefix of their name. -b, --clear-bad-sectors Clear the list of bad sectors. This is useful after cloning an old disk with bad sectors to a new disk. -h, --help Show a list of options with a brief description of each one. -n, --do-nothing Do not write anything, just show what would have been done. -V, --version Show the version number, copyright and license BUGS
There are no known problems with ntfsfix. If you find a bug please send an email describing the problem to the development team: ntfs-3g-devel@lists.sf.net AUTHORS
ntfsfix was written by Anton Altaparmakov, with contributions from Szabolcs Szakacsits. It was ported to ntfs-3g by Erik Larsson and Jean- Pierre Andre. AVAILABILITY
ntfsfix is part of the ntfs-3g package and is available from: http://www.tuxera.com/community/ SEE ALSO
mkntfs(8), ntfsprogs(8) ntfs-3g 2011.4.12AR.4 January 2006 NTFSFIX(8)