Today (Saturday) We will make some minor tuning adjustments to MySQL.

You may experience 2 up to 10 seconds "glitch time" when we restart MySQL. We expect to make these adjustments around 1AM Eastern Daylight Saving Time (EDT) US.

"Unable to search NFS Share"

Post #303021286 by jgt on Tuesday 7th of August 2018 03:28:18 PM

Full Discussion: Unable to search NFS Share
Unable to search NFS Share

My customer has created a share on a Windows Server 2012 system and exported it as a NFS share.
I can mount the share on a SCO system, but I only have read/write access. So I am unable to list the contents of the share. It is as if the directories had 0666 permissions.
My customer says that this is a limitation of the NFS server?

Related Linux and UNIX Technical Support
Unable to mount NFS share during boot
jlslhills
Hello Everyone, I have a pseries machine running AIX 4.3.3 that has an invalid IP in /etc/hosts. During a boot the system hangs because it's trying to mount an NFS share to this invalid IP. I've tried to boot the system from a mksysb (not sure if the device was defined as rmt0) and AIX CD...... AIX
AIX
Unable to access NFS share on Solaris Server from Linux client
SunilB2011
Hi, I am trying to access a NFS shared directory on Solaris 10 Server from a client which is RHEL 4 Server. On the NFS Server, in /etc/dfs/, I added following line to dfstab file. share -F nfs -o rw /var/share & then ran the following svcadm -v enable -r...... Red Hat
Red Hat
Unable to write to a mounted NFS share
Rossdba
Hi All, I created a nfs share in the server(Solaris 10) with the following command and also updated the dfstab file share -F nfs -o rw=server_name2,anon=0 /to_share And then in the client(solaris 10) added the following command to mount the share mount -F nfs server_name1:/to_share...... UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
Mount NFS Share On NFS Client via bash script.
Brian.t
I need a help of good people with effective bash script to mount nfs shared, By the way I did the searches, since i haven't found that someone wrote a script like this in the past, I'm sure it will serve more people. The scenario as follow: An NFS Client with Daily CRON , running bash script...... Shell Programming and Scripting
Shell Programming and Scripting
Unable to mount previously-working NFS share from NIM to LPAR
tmooredba
Right, now that I've finally worked out this website, I'll ask my question! I am having an absolute nightmare with NFS on AIX. I have used it many times, and I know what I'm doing, however I cannot fathom what is going on here. I have 2 LPARs, sitting on the same physical host. They are...... AIX
AIX
nfs(5nfs)																 nfs(5nfs)

Name
       nfs - Network File System

Description
       The Network File System (NFS) is a specific file system implemented under the Generic File System Interface, as described in

NFS  provides  support  for sharing ordinary files and directories in a multivendor networking environment.  The system administrator for a
       file server machine makes a file system available for remote access by placing the name of the file system to be shared in an export  list.
       The  administrator for a client machine can import a file system from any server machine that has granted access permission to the request-
       ing client machine.  A complete exported file system or any subtree of an exported file system can be imported by the client machine.  Once
       imported, users on the client machine can access files in the remote file system as though they were local files.

See Also
       getdirentries(2), getmnt(2), mount(2nfs), mount(2), exports(5nfs), fstab(5), gfsi(5), mount(8nfs), showmount(8nfs)

nfs(5nfs)

Featured Tech Videos