Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Node.js and mysql - ER_ACCESS_DENIED_ERROR Post 303021093 by Neo on Saturday 4th of August 2018 01:06:49 AM
Old 08-04-2018
Here is the final node.js test script (index.js):

Code:
var express = require("express");
var fs = require("fs");
var https = require("https");
var app = express();
require("dotenv").config();
const privateKey = fs.readFileSync(process.env.SSL_PRIVKEY, "utf8");
const certificate = fs.readFileSync(process.env.SSL_CERT, "utf8");
const ca = fs.readFileSync(process.env.SSL_CHAIN, "utf8");
const user = process.env.DATABASE_USER;
const password = process.env.DATABASE_PASSWORD;
const database = process.env.DATABASE_NAME;
const port = process.env.DATABASE_SOCKET;

app.get("/", function(req, res) {
  res.send("hello world");
});

app.get("/test", function(req, res) {
  var mysql = require("mysql");
  var con = mysql.createConnection({
    host: "127.0.0.1",
    user: user,
    password: password,
    database: database,
    port: port
  });

con.connect(function(error) {
    if (error) {
      console.log(error);
      return;
    } else {
      con.query("SELECT username FROM user WHERE userid < 10", function(
        err,
        rows,
        fields
      ) {
        if (err) {
          console.log(err);
          return;
        } else {
          rows.forEach(function(result) {
            console.log(result.username);
          });
        }
      });
      con.end();
      res.send("MySQL Query Complete");
    }
  });
});

https
  .createServer(
    {
      key: privateKey,
      cert: certificate,
      ca: ca
    },
    app
  )
  .listen(8080, function(error) {
    if (error) {
      console.log(error);
    } else console.log("Example app listening on port 8080");
  });

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MySQL problem >> missing mysql.sock

MySQL on my server is down.... I figured out that the mysqld process isn't running. When I try to run it, it says it can't find mysql.sock Any suggestions? Here's what I can't do: can't be root don't have physical access (do stuff via SSH) reinstall MySQL (need to keep the current MySQL... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: _hp_
8 Replies

2. Solaris

SVM metaset on 2 node Solaris cluster storage replicated to non-clustered Solaris node

Hi, Is it possible to have a Solaris cluster of 2 nodes at SITE-A using SVM and creating metaset using say 2 LUNs (on SAN). Then replicating these 2 LUNs to remote site SITE-B via storage based replication and then using these LUNs by importing them as a metaset on a server at SITE-B which is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dn2011
0 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

MySQL Daemon failed to start - no mysql.sock file

After doing a yum install mysql mysql-server on Fedora 14 I wasn't able to fully install the packages correctly. It installed MySQL 5.1. I was getting the following error when running the: mysql ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
3 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Accessing one UNIX node from another node of the same server

Hi Experts, I am in need of running a script from one node say node 1 via node 2. My scheduling tool dont have access to node2 , so i need to invoke the list file from node1 but the script needs to run from node2. because the server to which i am hitting, is having access only for the node... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun1377
5 Replies

5. HP-UX

Mount FIle systems from node-1 onto node-2

Hi, We have HP UX service guard cluster on OS 11.23. Recently 40+ LUNs presented to both nodes by SAN team but I was asked to mount them on only one node. I created required VGs/LVs, created VxFS and mounted all of them and they are working fine. Now client requested those FS on 2nd node as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
4 Replies

6. Programming

Node-RED: Writing MQTT Messages to MySQL DB with UNIX timestamp

First, I want to thank Neo (LOL) for this post from 2018, Node.js and mysql - ER_ACCESS_DENIED_ERROR I could not get the Node-RED mysql module to work and searched Google until all my links were purple! I kept getting ER_ACCESS_DENIED_ERROR with the right credentials. Nothing on the web was... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
cgiwrap_putenv(3)						   cgi/cgiwrap.h						 cgiwrap_putenv(3)

NAME
cgiwrap_putenv - wrap the putenv call SYNOPSIS
#include <cgi/cgiwrap.h> NEOERR *cgiwrap_putenv (const char *k, const char *v); ARGUMENTS
k - the env var name v - the new value for env var k DESCRIPTION
cgiwrap_putenv wraps the putenv call. This is mostly used by the cgi_debug_init function to create an artificial environment. This ver- sion differs from the system version by having separate arguments for the variable name and value, which makes life easier for the caller (usually), and keeps most wrapping callbacks from having to implement a parser to separate them. RETURN VALUE
None SEE ALSO
cgiwrap_iterenv(3), cgiwrap_putenv(3), cgiwrap_init_emu(3), cgiwrap_writef(3), cgiwrap_init_std(3), cgiwrap_writevf(3), cgiwrap_read(3), cgiwrap_write(3), cgiwrap_getenv ClearSilver 12 July 2007 cgiwrap_putenv(3)