Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Node.js and mysql - ER_ACCESS_DENIED_ERROR Post 303021075 by Neo on Friday 3rd of August 2018 01:37:36 PM
Old 08-03-2018
Yay!

The solution turns out to be:

Code:
port: '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock'

Seems in this config, MySQL listens on a Unix socket not on a TCP socket.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MySQL problem >> missing mysql.sock

MySQL on my server is down.... I figured out that the mysqld process isn't running. When I try to run it, it says it can't find mysql.sock Any suggestions? Here's what I can't do: can't be root don't have physical access (do stuff via SSH) reinstall MySQL (need to keep the current MySQL... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: _hp_
8 Replies

2. Solaris

SVM metaset on 2 node Solaris cluster storage replicated to non-clustered Solaris node

Hi, Is it possible to have a Solaris cluster of 2 nodes at SITE-A using SVM and creating metaset using say 2 LUNs (on SAN). Then replicating these 2 LUNs to remote site SITE-B via storage based replication and then using these LUNs by importing them as a metaset on a server at SITE-B which is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dn2011
0 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

MySQL Daemon failed to start - no mysql.sock file

After doing a yum install mysql mysql-server on Fedora 14 I wasn't able to fully install the packages correctly. It installed MySQL 5.1. I was getting the following error when running the: mysql ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
3 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Accessing one UNIX node from another node of the same server

Hi Experts, I am in need of running a script from one node say node 1 via node 2. My scheduling tool dont have access to node2 , so i need to invoke the list file from node1 but the script needs to run from node2. because the server to which i am hitting, is having access only for the node... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun1377
5 Replies

5. HP-UX

Mount FIle systems from node-1 onto node-2

Hi, We have HP UX service guard cluster on OS 11.23. Recently 40+ LUNs presented to both nodes by SAN team but I was asked to mount them on only one node. I created required VGs/LVs, created VxFS and mounted all of them and they are working fine. Now client requested those FS on 2nd node as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
4 Replies

6. Programming

Node-RED: Writing MQTT Messages to MySQL DB with UNIX timestamp

First, I want to thank Neo (LOL) for this post from 2018, Node.js and mysql - ER_ACCESS_DENIED_ERROR I could not get the Node-RED mysql module to work and searched Google until all my links were purple! I kept getting ER_ACCESS_DENIED_ERROR with the right credentials. Nothing on the web was... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
MYSQLD(8)						       MySQL Database System							 MYSQLD(8)

NAME
mysqld - the MySQL server SYNOPSIS
mysqld [options] DESCRIPTION
mysqld, also known as MySQL Server, is the main program that does most of the work in a MySQL installation. MySQL Server manages access to the MySQL data directory that contains databases and tables. The data directory is also the default location for other information such as log files and status files. When MySQL server starts, it listens for network connections from client programs and manages access to databases on behalf of those clients. The mysqld program has many options that can be specified at startup. For a complete list of options, run this command: shell> mysqld --verbose --help MySQL Server also has a set of system variables that affect its operation as it runs. System variables can be set at server startup, and many of them can be changed at runtime to effect dynamic server reconfiguration. MySQL Server also has a set of status variables that provide information about its operation. You can monitor these status variables to access runtime performance characteristics. For a full description of MySQL Server command options, system variables, and status variables, see Section 5.1, "The MySQL Server". For information about installing MySQL and setting up the initial configuration, see Chapter 2, Installing and Upgrading MySQL. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2008 MySQL AB, 2008-2010 Sun Microsystems, Inc. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Sun Microsystems, Inc. (http://www.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.1 04/06/2010 MYSQLD(8)