Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Can't rcmd with star name
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Can't rcmd with star name Post 303021071 by wbport on Friday 3rd of August 2018 12:25:07 PM
Old 08-03-2018
Just enclosed $cmdname in double quotes and it worked!

Many thanks!

Last edited by wbport; 08-03-2018 at 01:30 PM.. Reason: Tried suggestion

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing a STAR tag-value file

I have a recent file I am trying to parse that looks like this: value_one:1:value_two:2:value_three:3 value_one matches to 1 value_two matches to 2 value_three matches to 3 the semi-colons not only seperate the tags to their corresponding values, but also seperate tag/value pairs from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mike@freddiemac
2 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Did you watch Super Star (Thalaivar's) Endhiran Movie?

Robot fever is there throughout the world ! :b: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

What is star

I am looking to take the Redhat Certification exam, and one of the guidelines is: Can someone tell me what star is? Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: druidmatrix
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I replace the lines that start with a star and replace it with numbers start from 1?

I need to replace the (*) in the fist of a list with numbers using sed for example > this file contain a list * linux * computers * labs * questions to >>>> this file contain a list 1. linux 2. computers 3. labs 4. questions (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aalbazie
7 Replies

5. Solaris

Star/Libre/Open/???-Office for Solaris 11.2 ?

It's been a few years since this topic was last asked and answered.. curious whether anyone knows if the landscape has improved? looking for a more modern release of OpenOffice / LibreOffice / etc than the OOo-3.3 version mentioned in earlier posts from 2012. Would prefer not to compile from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Yeaboem
1 Replies
observe(3tk)															      observe(3tk)

NAME
observe - Runtime debugging output in TkCon SYNOPSIS
observe command cmdname ?maxlevel? observe cdelete cmdname observe cinfo cmdname observe variable varname operation ?args? observe vdelete varname operation observe vinfo varname DESCRIPTION
This command provides runtime debugging output for variables and commands without the need to edit your code. For variables, the underly- ing mechanism uses trace and dump var. For commands, it renames the observed procedure and uses a special wrapper procedure. WARNING: using this procedure after checkpointing state will result in major problems if you clean state because the renamed (true) commands will be lost. This procedure is experimental. Comments are encouraged. observe command cmdname ?maxlevel? This will create a wrapper command which prints out (using dump) the call stack to the console. maxlevel represents the maximum number of levels of the call stack which will be printed (defaults to 4). observe cdelete cmdname Removes the wrapper around an observed command. observe cinfo cmdname Prints out useless info. observe variable varname operation ?args? Currently a wrapper around trace that uses dump to print out the value of the named variable whenever the specified operation on that variable occurs (must be read, write or unset). observe vdelete varname operation Deletes the trace wrapper around the named variable. observe vinfo varname Prints out trace info about the named variable. SEE ALSO
dump(3tk), idebug(3tk), tkcon(1), tkcon(3tk), tkconrc(5) KEYWORDS
Tk, console, debug COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) Jeffrey Hobbs <jeff at hobbs.org> TkCon 2.5 observe(3tk)