Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Precaution during Quorum Server Reboot Post 303020364 by DukeNuke2 on Tuesday 17th of July 2018 03:05:27 PM
Old 07-17-2018
He said you have to check if your "needed" and "present" count are correct. If they are, you can reboot the quorum server without any danger. In a 2 node cluster you should have 2 on the needed side and 3 on the present. The 3rd would be the quorum server. After the reboot check again for present=3.
This User Gave Thanks to DukeNuke2 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Reboot the sco server

Dear sir, I am using sco open server 5.06.How we can reboot the system without using root password? Whar are the permision need to change to do this. Thanks, Mostafizur Rahman (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahmanm
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Server Reboot Alert

I want to get an email alert from a cronjob when a server got rebooted unexpectedly. Please help. Thanks! :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: angloi
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

server reboot

hi all, :) for a reboot of sun box for patch installation i would like to know where do the reboot logs apart from /var/adm/messages and patch run messages would be available, i would like to know the sequence of messages logged in the file like requesting the users to log out sending a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
1 Replies

4. AIX

IP setting changes after server reboot

I've recently changed my gateway setting using SMIT. Everything went fine except that the gateway setting kept reverting back to the old one everytime I reboot the server. I'm on AIX 5.2 running p-Series. Thanks for any info. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dereklow
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Reboot the server through console

Hi All, I want to know the procedure like if server is down, i want to reboot the server through console ($rsc or $sc prompt).Could you please help me out. I would really appreciate your cooperation. thanks for understanding regards krishna (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: murthy76
5 Replies

6. Linux

Linux server reboot

We reboot our linux servers daily. Is it needed ? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Precaution to access user mode buffers from kernel

When accessing a user mode buffers from kernel space drivers what precautions must we take and how those precautions need to be implemented? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Validate mountpoints on solaris server after server reboot

Hi, anyone please let us know how to write shell script to find the missing mountpoints after server reboot. i want to take the mountpount information before server reboot, and validate the mountpoints after server reboot if any missing.please let us know the shell script from begining to end as... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: VenkatReddy786
24 Replies

9. Red Hat

Server reboot

Hi, The server got rebooted and below messages can be seen in /var/log/messages Sep 7 10:49:12 minersville kernel: Call Trace: <IRQ> <ffffffff80167420>{__alloc_pages+796} Sep 7 10:49:12 minersville kernel: <ffffffff80182814>{kmem_getpages+106} <ffffffff80183c16>{fallback_alloc+304}... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_db
3 Replies
VOTEQUORUM_QDISK_REGISTER(3)			    Corosync Cluster Engine Programmer's Manual 		      VOTEQUORUM_QDISK_REGISTER(3)

NAME
votequorum_qdisk_register - Registers a new quorum device SYNOPSIS
#include <corosync/votequorum.h> int votequorum_qdisk_register(votequorum_handle_t handle, char * name, unsigned int votes); DESCRIPTION
The votequorum_qdisk_register is used to register a new quorum device. A quorum device is an external way of adding votes to a small clus- ter. The quorum device is, in effect, a pseudo node in the cluster that provide votes based on some external device, usually a shared disk partition or perhaps a network router. This call creates the device but does not mark it active. votequorum_qdisk_poll must be called for the votes to be included in the quorum calculation. Note that it is the responsibility of the quorum device subsystem (not provided as part of votequorum) to keep all nodes informed of the quorum device status. RETURN VALUE
This call returns the CS_OK value if successful, otherwise an error is returned. ERRORS
The errors are undocumented. SEE ALSO
votequorum_overview(8), votequorum_initialize(3), votequorum_finalize(3), votequorum_dispatch(3), votequorum_fd_get(3), votequo- rum_qdisk_poll(3), votequorum_qdisk_unregister(3), votequorum_qdisk_getinfo(3), corosync Man Page 2009-01-26 VOTEQUORUM_QDISK_REGISTER(3)