Sponsored Content
Contact Us Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems I no longer see shortcut links to the top forums when looking at a post Post 303020322 by Neo on Monday 16th of July 2018 10:05:58 PM
Old 07-16-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by migurus
I follow the admin's invitation to comment on the new site.

I noticed that I no longer see the links to four top forums (Programming, Unix for advanced users, shell programming, ...) once I entered a forum, or further reading a thread. These links were very handy returning back to the forum once I drilled down into a thread and especially when I am on 2nd, 3rd, etc pages of the thread.

Using Windows 7 IE11 and Chrome as logged in user.
Yes, the legacy "bread crumbs" are disabled and will like not return to the forums. Modern day web sites do not use "navigation bread crumbs" and we are also moving away from them.

As we modernize and upgrade the site, a lot of very legacy "rigid-style tables and bulletin-board code" will be removed and replaced with state-of-the-art HTML 5 and Javascript code. No modern day site using "bread crumbs" for navigation in the navbar.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

How do I post a question to the forums

I am new to this forum, and would like to post a question to the group. How do I add a post? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sysmma
3 Replies

2. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

how to post questions in different forums.

Hi, Am unable to post questions in Shell programming and scripting forum, or any please advice, the message am getting is user not have enough previlage to do the action like this type of message was displayed. Regards, azum. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: azumthulla
1 Replies
BREAD(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						  BREAD(3)

NAME
bread, bwrite -- read and write blocks of a UFS file system LIBRARY
UFS File System Access Library (libufs, -lufs) SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/param.h> #include <sys/mount.h> #include <ufs/ufs/ufsmount.h> #include <ufs/ufs/dinode.h> #include <ufs/ffs/fs.h> #include <libufs.h> ssize_t bread(struct uufsd *disk, ufs2_daddr_t blockno, void *data, size_t size); ssize_t bwrite(struct uufsd *disk, ufs2_daddr_t blockno, const void *data, size_t size); int berase(struct uufsd *disk, ufs2_daddr_t blockno, ufs2_daddr_t size); DESCRIPTION
The bread(), bwrite() and berase() functions provide a block read, write and erase API for libufs(3) consumers. They operate on a userland UFS disk structure, and perform the read and write at a given block address, which uses the current d_bsize value of the structure. RETURN VALUES
The bread() and bwrite() functions return the amount read or written, or -1 in case of any error, including short read. The berase() function returns non-zero on error. ERRORS
The function bread() may fail and set errno for any of the errors specified for the library functions ufs_disk_write(3) or pread(2). The function bwrite() may fail and set errno for any of the errors specified for the library function pwrite(2). The function berase() may fail and set errno for any of the errors specified for the library function ioctl(2). Additionally all three functions may follow the libufs(3) error methodologies in situations where the amount of data written is not equal to the amount requested, or in case of a device error. SEE ALSO
libufs(3), ufs_disk_write(3) HISTORY
These functions first appeared as part of libufs(3) in FreeBSD 5.0. AUTHORS
Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.org> BSD
June 4, 2003 BSD